Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Dalton - Go Cards - 11-22-2016

Dalton is not the problem.

Has not had time provided all season by O-line and then finally gets a little bit yesterday.

Yet believe he has been crushed so often this year that his internal clock is telling him he is about to get clobbered.

All will say to the Dalton haters, and "Jimmy cracked corn too."

RE: Dalton - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 01:25 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Thanks for agreeing.  There is no way someone couldn't come to my conclusion.

Considering how he has drastically improved the pump fakes and using his eyes to move defenders ( as noted by Jon Gruden on MNF against the Giants ).....I don't see how anyone could come to that conclusion.

RE: Dalton - Socal Bengals fan - 11-22-2016

Dalton fan here. But he has played subpar this year. His passes are off for some reason. I watch a quarterback like Carr stand strong in the pocket n deliver the ball where it needs to be. Carr doesn't worry about getting hit like Dalton. First signs of pressure seems to take off from the pocket n throw it away. Online is definitely to blame. But Dalton has also Sucked this year. Accuracy is way off.

RE: Dalton - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 08:16 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton fan here. But he has played subpar this year.   His passes are off for some reason.  I watch a quarterback like Carr stand strong in the pocket n deliver the ball where it needs to be.  Carr doesn't worry about getting hit like Dalton.  First signs of pressure seems to take off from the pocket n throw it away.  Online is definitely to blame.  But Dalton has also Sucked this year.  Accuracy is way off.

He has had a good year up until the last couple of games.  I saw him deliver several strikes under pressure this year....including a TD as he was nailed on TNF.  He has scrambled and made throws on the run.  I also saw Derek Carr throw a terrible panic INT off of his back foot in the face of pressure last night.  Most all QBs make mistakes like that at some point or another.  No offense....but I often wonder what games some people are watching on here.

RE: Dalton - Nicomo Cosca - 11-22-2016

The Raiders probably have the 2nd best Oline in the league. Just saying...

RE: Dalton - Sled21 - 11-22-2016

(11-20-2016, 07:26 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I know guys, I'm trying, but I have had it with the foolish injuries that we have. This one I blame on Dalton because all to often his duck high passes are gonna get someone hurt. Today it did. I love me some AJ Green. He is a franchise receiver and I hope he goes to another team soon so he will have a real chance at a SB! It sure ain't happenin here!

Why do teams draft tall receivers? It's so they can throw the ball out high where the corner has no shot at it. Green got hurt on the tackle......blaming Andy is just ignorant.

RE: Dalton - Sled21 - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 08:16 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton fan here. But he has played subpar this year.   His passes are off for some reason.  I watch a quarterback like Carr stand strong in the pocket n deliver the ball where it needs to be.  Carr doesn't worry about getting hit like Dalton.  First signs of pressure seems to take off from the pocket n throw it away.  Online is definitely to blame.  But Dalton has also Sucked this year.  Accuracy is way off.

His play may be a little off because he's been running for his life the whole season. He's already been sacked more times than almost all last season. Lot's of players to gripe about this year, Dalton is not one of them.....

RE: Dalton - motoarch - 11-22-2016

(11-20-2016, 07:54 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Don't worry, I bet your dad can beat up his dad.

My dad is dead; feel good about yourself now? Tongue

RE: Dalton - motoarch - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why do teams draft tall receivers? It's so they can throw the ball out high where the corner has no shot at it. Green got hurt on the tackle......blaming Andy is just ignorant.

You count on a guy to go up and get stuff no one else can. That's why aj is great; because he can get it.

He got hurt it's a risk in this game. It's not andy's fault.

RE: Dalton - Fresno B - 11-22-2016

A few short weeks ago guys were saying Dalton is an elite top 5 QB. My how things change.

RE: Dalton - OrlandoBengal - 11-22-2016

(11-21-2016, 10:42 PM)tlotharw Wrote: He has no pocket mobility and if where the place the throw is designed to go is not open he runs, but not very far.  Sometimes he throws it anyway.  I have been watching pretty much every week since 1968.  

I honestly don't see how you can come to this conclusion.  Andy moves around in the pocket quite well (much better than he did earlier in his career) and rarely runs.

So far this year he has attempted 360 passes and has been sacked another 29 times for 389 drop backs.  He has ran the ball 34 times with at least three being designed runs down by the goal line.  We also know that they were doing some read option stuff at the beginning of the year, but let's say all 31 of the other runs were where he could not find a receiver and decided to take off... so being generous towards your argument he ran 31 out of 389 times or .079 percent of the time.  Seriously, that is a minuscule amount.

RE: Dalton - bfine32 - 11-22-2016

Playoffs aside. The issue with Dalton is that he started out above average and never really moved the needle. He never really regressed and he never made that next leap. It was looking like he was going to last year, but has settled back into above average this year.

Should we create a problem by trying to replace him? No. Is he irreplaceable? No. He is what he is, good enough to win if he has help.

RE: Dalton - Shake n Blake - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 10:24 AM)Fresno B Wrote: A few short weeks ago guys were saying Dalton is an elite top 5 QB. My how things change.

Never saw a single person claim he was top 5. I saw people (myself included) say he was top 10 and could eventually be top 5 when some of the mount Rushmore QBs start retiring. I stand by that. Dalton had a 100+ rating in like 6 of his first 8 games. He had maintained his level of play from last year.

1 really bad game with his top WR out against a defense that had apparently figured out our offense at halftime is not going to drastically sway my opinion of him like it seems to be doing with so many others. We have 6 years of evidence that Dalton is a top 15 QB at the very least. It'd be nice if some people could just accept that and stop micro-analyzing every throw and rewriting the narrative after every game.

Carson Palmer wasn't treated that way and McCarron (or whoever follows Dalton) won't be treated that way either. People claim that Dalton is a lightning rod because he provides evidence to both sides, but I don't buy that. Palmer posted similar numbers and seasons and provided more disappointment, yet there wasn't this intense scrutiny of every throw and game like we see with Dalton. At least not until 2010.

RE: Dalton - Marlon23 - 11-22-2016

Is anyone else tired of these dumb looking plays and then we go back to the normal formation. This stuff is ok, if your offense is awesome, we completed one of these..

(11-22-2016, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why do teams draft tall receivers? It's so they can throw the ball out high where the corner has no shot at it. Green got hurt on the tackle......blaming Andy is just ignorant.

Andy has to have the play ran perfectly or you might as well say incomplete.  As where the greats adjust and make it happen.  He can't do it.  He just can't do it. 

RE: Dalton - Brownshoe - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 02:38 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Andy has to have the play ran perfectly or you might as well say incomplete.  As where the greats adjust and make it happen.  He can't do it.  He just can't do it. 

Stuff like this makes me wonder about human memories, because obviously people are remembering things a lot different than what actually happened.

RE: Dalton - bengalsfansince93 - 11-22-2016

I want someone to tell me what Dalton does well?

Good arm strength- no
Accurate - no
Move well in pocket - no
Leader -no
Good deep ball - no
Mobile/Athletic- somewhat but not really.

They say he's good at reading the defense. That's the one positive I can think of.

Not trying to be a jerk.  I really struggle to see what his strengths are?  Maybe I'm missing something?

RE: Dalton - THE PISTONS - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 04:20 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: I want someone to tell me what Dalton does well?

Good arm strength- no
Accurate - no
Move well in pocket - no
Leader -no
Good deep ball - no
Mobile/Athletic- somewhat but not really.

They say he's good at reading the defense. That's the one positive I can think of.

Not trying to be a jerk.  I really struggle to see what his strengths are?  Maybe I'm missing something?

I don't think you can say 'no' on all of those as if it's an all or none.

I'd assess it as:

Arm Strength: Above average
Accuracy: Above average to good
Pocket awareness: Above average
Leadership: Good
Deep Ball: Above average to good
Mobility: Above average

As you can see, I rate him as above average to good...but not great. If you give him a good offensive line and time to throw, he'll put up impressive stats.

I'd say that QB rankings bear that out. He generally comes out in the 12 to 15 range. I'd consider that above average to good.

RE: Dalton - jj22 - 11-22-2016

Dalton's had his year and proved what he could be. If he has a bad year so be it. He did the best he could to hold onto his MVP caliber numbers, before it all fell apart two weeks ago. No one slams Rogers for having a bad year. Big Ben has had some bad years. Luck has had some bad years, you name a qb and they've had a slump. Our players Geno has, Dunlap has, Whit has, all of our star players have one point or another. We know what they can be and Dalton was a MVP candidate. Anything else is just everyone down and out over the season. Which is understandable. Coaching is a huge factor for many players outside of Brady. We know what Dalton can do. We need a coach that can bring it out of him. Marvin/Zampese can't. Look what Gruden has done with Cousins, look at what Hue did with Dalton.

It's all about the coaching folks. For all players across the league.

I'm not judging our players anymore until a new staff is here and fails with them. No more players (J.Joe, Nelson, Palmer) leaving Bengals and becoming probowlers etc with their new teams. Bums their last season here. Beasts elsewhere.

(11-22-2016, 02:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Stuff like this makes me wonder about human memories, because obviously people are remembering things a lot different than what actually happened.

Has to be scripted play perfect to the T.  Usually a chuck down for 3-5 yards an out pattern to Gio and then the ball is missiled over 5 yards ahead of him.. and he drops it.  Just saying Missiled over.