Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Dalton - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 06:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton's had his year and proved what he could be. If he has a bad year so be it. He did the best he could to hold onto his MVP caliber numbers, before it all fell apart two weeks ago.  No one slams Rogers for having a bad year. Big Ben has had some bad years. Luck has had some bad years, you name a qb and they've had a slump. Our players Geno has, Dunlap has, Whit has, all of our star players have one point or another. We know what they can be and Dalton was a MVP candidate. Anything else is just everyone down and out over the season. Which is understandable. Coaching is a huge factor for many players outside of Brady. We know what Dalton can do. We need a coach that can bring it out of him. Marvin/Zampese can't. Look what Gruden has done with Cousins, look at what Hue did with Dalton.

It's all about the coaching folks. For all players across the league.

I'm not judging our players anymore until a new staff is here and fails with them. No more players (J.Joe, Nelson, Palmer) leaving Bengals and becoming probowlers etc with their new teams. Bums their last season here. Beasts elsewhere.

Finally some gotdamned common sense !

RE: Dalton - tlotharw - 11-23-2016

(11-22-2016, 11:00 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Dd
I honestly don't see how you can come to this conclusion.  Andy moves around in the pocket quite well (much better than he did earlier in his career) and rarely runs.

So far this year he has attempted 360 passes and has been sacked another 29 times for 389 drop backs.  He has ran the ball 34 times with at least three being designed runs down by the goal line.  We also know that they were doing some read option stuff at the beginning of the year, but let's say all 31 of the other runs were where he could not find a receiver and decided to take off... so being generous towards your argument he ran 31 out of 389 times or .079 percent of the time.  Seriously, that is a minuscule amount.
Because so many of his attempts end behind the line of scrimmage they are called sacks.

RE: Dalton - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 01:24 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Because so many of his attempts end behind the line of scrimmage they are called sacks.

Have you seen our line play this year? Mellow

RE: Dalton - bengalfan74 - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 06:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: Have you seen our line play this year? Mellow

[Image: 636147718662936334-AP-Bengals-Giants-Football-001.jpg]

you mean like this ?

RE: Dalton - BengalChris - 11-23-2016

(11-22-2016, 04:20 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: I want someone to tell me what Dalton does well?

Good arm strength- no
Accurate - no
Move well in pocket - no
Leader -no
Good deep ball - no
Mobile/Athletic- somewhat but not really.

They say he's good at reading the defense. That's the one positive I can think of.

Not trying to be a jerk.  I really struggle to see what his strengths are?  Maybe I'm missing something?

Ug, It's a team game and Dalton is not any of the weak links on this team.

On the OL it's the RT and C who are just not getting it done. The problem isn't even Hill or Gio or Boyd or LaFell, the offensive woos are coming from an OL that simply just doesn't get its job done.

The OL's weakness even affects the defensive performance by ensuring the defense has to defend a short field A LOT.

Not to defend the defenses play or anything, they've got their own problems and it also starts with the DL play and the fact that they are unable to get pressure on the QB very much without blitz help. This is exposing our weaknesses at Safety, Corner and LB.

Behind all of this is the coaching staff's inability to coach these guys and the owner, who is a moron when it comes to football talent.

RE: Dalton - OrlandoBengal - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 01:24 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Because so many of his attempts end behind the line of scrimmage they are called sacks.

I cannot tell if you're being sarcastic or purposely obtuse.  If you think any of those 29 sacks this year were designed runs where he was caught behind the line, then... we'll just have to agree to disagree.

RE: Dalton - Rhinocero23 - 11-23-2016

(11-22-2016, 06:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton's had his year and proved what he could be. If he has a bad year so be it. He did the best he could to hold onto his MVP caliber numbers, before it all fell apart two weeks ago.  No one slams Rogers for having a bad year. Big Ben has had some bad years. Luck has had some bad years, you name a qb and they've had a slump. Our players Geno has, Dunlap has, Whit has, all of our star players have one point or another. We know what they can be and Dalton was a MVP candidate. Anything else is just everyone down and out over the season. Which is understandable. Coaching is a huge factor for many players outside of Brady. We know what Dalton can do. We need a coach that can bring it out of him. Marvin/Zampese can't. Look what Gruden has done with Cousins, look at what Hue did with Dalton.

It's all about the coaching folks. For all players across the league.

I'm not judging our players anymore until a new staff is here and fails with them. No more players (J.Joe, Nelson, Palmer) leaving Bengals and becoming probowlers etc with their new teams. Bums their last season here. Beasts elsewhere.

To be honest Dalton was never really a serious part of the MVP discussion. The statement of "Dalton was a MVP candidate" is another one of the major exaggerations some on here use to support their narrative. 

That is not to say he did not have a very good year...however it was not MVP, elite or anything other than a very good year. 

Dalton is an average NfL QB. His play will seldom be the reason they win or loose a game...he is along for the ride. 

(11-23-2016, 10:59 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Ug, It's a team game and Dalton is not any of the weak links on this team.

On the OL it's the RT and C who are just not getting it done. The problem isn't even Hill or Gio or Boyd or LaFell, the offensive woos are coming from an OL that simply just doesn't get its job done.

The OL's weakness even affects the defensive performance by ensuring the defense has to defend a short field A LOT.

Not to defend the defenses play or anything, they've got their own problems and it also starts with the DL play and the fact that they are unable to get pressure on the QB very much without blitz help. This is exposing our weaknesses at Safety, Corner and LB.

Behind all of this is the coaching staff's inability to coach these guys and the owner, who is a moron when it comes to football talent.

Amen,

We could have Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, Tony Gonzalez, and Walter Payton on this team and we would struggle to score points with this O-line and this defense. And most of all, this Horrid coaching staff !

(11-23-2016, 11:37 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: To be honest Dalton was never really a serious part of the MVP discussion. The statement of "Dalton was a MVP candidate" is another one of the major exaggerations some on here use to support their narrative. 

That is not to say he did not have a very good year...however it was not MVP, elite or anything other than a very good year. 

Dalton is an average NfL QB. His play will seldom be the reason they win or loose a game...he is along for the ride. 

I agree with you in so much as Dalton is probably not going to go down in history as an NFL Legend.

But in the same breath Dalton is very far removed from this team's major problems ! On the list of this teams 25 biggest problems, Dalton would come in at 34.

RE: Dalton - Shake n Blake - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 11:37 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: To be honest Dalton was never really a serious part of the MVP discussion. The statement of "Dalton was a MVP candidate" is another one of the major exaggerations some on here use to support their narrative. 

I challenge you to find any MVP candidate list from 2015 that doesn't have Dalton as a top 5 candidate right before he went down. He was literally mentioned in every list I read.

If this was such a major exaggeration, you should have no issue finding several.

RE: Dalton - Rhinocero23 - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 12:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I challenge you to find any MVP candidate list from 2015 that doesn't have Dalton as a top 5 candidate right before he went down. He was literally mentioned in every list I read.

If this was such a major exaggeration, you should have no issue finding several.
Why would that be your challenge...I did not say he was not mentioned. I said he was never a serious consideration for the MVP. 

Give me a break...acting like being mentioned as a possible TOP 5 even amounts to something...anything after 1st or 2nd is an "also ran". A larger lists of players peeks interest for a larger fan bases and makes the conversation more global but in no way shape or form did anyone (outside of a few on here) think Andy was even a consideration. 

This is where it goes off script with the "Andy is a MVP" crowd. If Andy was mentioned as a Top 3 candidate then you would say #4 & #5 were meaningless...tell me who was 6th last year? 

However if Andy was considered top 10, top 12 or top15 we would be reminded daily as if it were a badge of honor. The expectation is so low for this QB just taking the field seems to garner an award.

He is an average NFL QB...there is nothing to point to that says otherwise.  I do not blame Andy for the team's poor record this year. I do however lay most of the blame of not taking a good team further into the playoffs in the years past at his feet. 

He does not make the players around him better...he is along for the ride. The team carries the QB here. When the "Team" finds it's match we do not have a QB that can put them over the top. 

Your signature says Andy is the most underappreciated player in bengals history...I don't know about that. We have our share of guys who were underappreciated. One thing  I am sure of is he has been the QB that has done the least with the most talent.  If you want to know how I determine the talent level it was with the same articles that said Andy was an "also ran" as a top 5 MVP candidate....I am sure they mean nothing on that point though. 

RE: Dalton - RagnarLothbrok - 11-23-2016

(11-20-2016, 07:07 PM)RASCAL Wrote: TODAY Dalton got our franchise receiver KNOCKED OUT OF THE GAME!! your reading comp is below average obviously!

be shocked about that!

Dude. AJ has made catches that resemble that in some way hundreds of times over his entire career. Dalton's pass did not injure AJ Green. The way the defender made legal contact led to an unfortunate injury that just happened. Not much we can do about it now other than hope we get AJ back long enough for him to get his 1,000 yards this season and continue his career in the record books.

RE: Dalton - RASCAL - 11-24-2016

(11-23-2016, 10:08 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Dude. AJ has made catches that resemble that in some way hundreds of times over his entire career. Dalton's pass did not injure AJ Green. The way the defender made legal contact led to an unfortunate injury that just happened. Not much we can do about it now other than hope we get AJ back long enough for him to get his 1,000 yards this season and continue his career in the record books.

AJ has been REAL DAMN LUCKY not to have been hurt by one of these duck high passes. If Dalton had thrown the pass where he could have caught it, this is no *****! I love AJ and daltons heart to play this game, however, I hate Dalton's errant passes.

RE: Dalton - bengalsturntup926 - 11-24-2016

They are blind man, they need to go on twitter and look up joe goodberry, he will show everyone how dalton is a one read qb

RE: Dalton - Shake n Blake - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 01:44 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: They are blind man, they need to go on twitter and look up joe goodberry, he will show everyone how dalton is a one read qb

Selecting a few examples out of thousands of throws proves zilch. Every QB has quick throws where only one read is made. Only a biased fool would believe Dalton never goes to a 2nd or 3rd option. Do you really believe the passes he's thrown to LaFell, Boyd, Uzomah etc were all designed to go to those guys? Get real.

RE: Dalton - BengalChris - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 02:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Selecting a few examples out of thousands of throws proves zilch. Every QB has quick throws where only one read is made. Only a biased fool would believe Dalton never goes to a 2nd or 3rd option. Do you really believe the passes he's thrown to LaFell, Boyd, Uzomah etc were all designed to go to those guys? Get real.

This.

And with this OL I think Dalton has done pretty damn good job.

RE: Dalton - Shake n Blake - 11-24-2016

BengalChris ' Wrote: This.

And with this OL I think Dalton has done pretty damn good job.

Some were just dying to pin this season on Dalton, and now that he's had a couple bad games, it's like throwing a steak in a tank full hungry sharks.

RE: Dalton - BengalChris - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 02:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Some were just dying to pin this season on Dalton, and now that he's had a couple bad games, it's like throwing a steak in a tank full hungry sharks.

I was unhappy with Dalton after the 2014 season. Too many bad games at QB.

But this year, even though the W-L record is worse, hasn't been on the QB nearly as much as other positions. So I'm going to given him credit for that.

RE: Dalton - bengalsturntup926 - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 02:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Selecting a few examples out of thousands of throws proves zilch. Every QB has quick throws where only one read is made. Only a biased fool would believe Dalton never goes to a 2nd or 3rd option. Do you really believe the passes he's thrown to LaFell, Boyd, Uzomah etc were all designed to go to those guys? Get real.

Go watch,I bet you never have. If you have I guess you think you're superior lol it comes down to qb mechanics and reads and all that, but there no getting through to you dalton lovers, he can do no wrong.

RE: Dalton - Fresno B - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 02:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Some were just dying to pin this season on Dalton, and now that he's had a couple bad games, it's like throwing a steak in a tank full hungry sharks.

Don't worry. You'll be back with a vengeance the moment Dalton starts lighting it up. We will hear about his stats, and how stupid his doubters were. There will even be shots at AJM. Its a 2way street.