Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Dalton - Shake n Blake - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 04:43 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Go watch,I bet you never have. If you have I guess you think you're superior lol it comes down to qb mechanics and reads and all that, but there no getting through to you dalton lovers, he can do no wrong.

Don't think I'm superior, I just look at facts and try to use common sense. It'd be nice if you'd address what I actually said. Maybe you can't?

(11-24-2016, 09:32 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Don't worry. You'll be back with a vengeance the moment Dalton starts lighting it up. We will hear about his stats, and how stupid his doubters were. There will even be shots at AJM. Its a 2way street.

1. Unlike you guys, I never went anywhere. One or two bad games doesn't make doesn't affect my overall opinion, just as multiple good seasons doesn't affect yours. The same people blaming Dalton for this debacle were probably also blaming Palmer for all the disappointment from 2004-10. I blame the coach who was unable to get anything out of 2 good QBs and multiple talented players around them.

2. I don't take shots at McCarron. I take shots at posters who have 2 different sets of standards. One for Dalton and one for every other QB (McCarron included). People who somehow think McCarron has an amazing deep ball even though he didn't throw deep last year, while saying Dalton has a terrible deep ball when his numbers don't reflect it. 

People who think McCarron had a great playoff game when his numbers were very Dalton-like - and if Dalton played the same game, the same people would be saying that his multiple turnovers cost us the game. 

I miss when Dalton bashers actually had a few facts to back up their stance. These days all you guys offer is very biased opinion.

RE: Dalton - bengalsturntup926 - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 01:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't think I'm superior, I just look at facts and try to use common sense. It'd be nice if you'd address what I actually said. Maybe you can't?

1. Unlike you guys, I never went anywhere. One or two bad games doesn't make doesn't affect my overall opinion, just as multiple good seasons doesn't affect yours. The same people blaming Dalton for this debacle were probably also blaming Palmer for all the disappointment from 2004-10. I blame the coach who was unable to get anything out of 2 good QBs and multiple talented players around them.

2. I don't take shots at McCarron. I take shots at posters who have 2 different sets of standards. One for Dalton and one for every other QB (McCarron included). People who somehow think McCarron has an amazing deep ball even though he didn't throw deep last year, while saying Dalton has a terrible deep ball when his numbers don't reflect it. 

People who think McCarron had a great playoff game when his numbers were very Dalton-like - and if Dalton played the same game, the same people would be saying that his multiple turnovers cost us the game. 

I miss when Dalton bashers actually had a few facts to back up their stance. These days all you guys offer is very biased opinion.

He didn't throw deep lol he hit green in stride pretty much every time. Do you even football? 

RE: Dalton - Synric - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 01:15 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: He didn't throw deep lol he hit green in stride pretty much every time. Do you even football? 

No he did not wth are you talking about....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g3vcdYNwQ6k

(11-24-2016, 01:15 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: He didn't throw deep lol he hit green in stride pretty much every time. Do you even football? 

McCarron had exactly 2 completions of 40+ yards in 5 games last year (0.4 per game), with only 1 completion over 50 yards. Only 1 of those completions went to Green, and Green averaged only 66 yards in the 5 games McCarron played in.

Dalton has 10 completions of 40+ yards this year (1.0 per game), with 4 completions over 50 yards. And I'd say this is a down year in the deep ball category for Dalton...yet he still tops 2015 McCarron by a wide margin.

This should shut you up, but I'm sure you'll adjust your take accordingly.

RE: Dalton - bengalguy71 - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 01:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: McCarron had exactly 2 completions of 40+ yards in 5 games last year (0.4 per game), with only 1 completion over 50 yards. Only 1 of those completions went to Green, and Green averaged only 66 yards in the 5 games McCarron played in.

Dalton has 10 completions of 40+ yards this year (1.0 per game), with 4 completions over 50 yards.

I know I'm preaching to the choir Shake, but after listening to some fans since 2011, I am convinced that there are some fans that wouldn't be satisfied with a Lombardi as long as Dalton was the QB.  It would be as if, "Well they won the SB in spite of Dalton!"

There are guys in the Bengalzone forum who call him Howdy Doody and have stated the Bengals will never win a SB with Dalton at QB, never mind that Kenny Anderson, Boomer Esiason, and Carson Palmer couldn't get it done.

RE: Dalton - muskiesfan - 11-24-2016

For some reason, it is totally acceptable to consistently bash the QB who has helped turn this franchise into a winner, but you cannot say anything negative about his backup. If you do not believe McCarron is the Bengals QB of the future, you're nothing more than a hater that doesn't even football. Brilliant logic.

Fans and media alike have said for years that with Green's size, throw it high and let him go get it. It's a definite strength in his game.

This thread was started because of a high pass by Dalton and how he is a shitty QB for throwing high passes to Green.

The one play that McCarron fans like to hang their hat on is a shitty high throw that Green adjusted and made the play on. However, those same McCarron fans want to bash Dalton endlessly if every pass isn't on the button in stride.

You can't make this up. One of the strengths of the Bengals #1 threat is throwing high where only he can get it. If the starting QB plays to that strength, he's at fault for said receiver getting injured, is inaccurate, and should be replaced. When the starting QB's backup throws an errant high ball that said receiver makes a great play on, it is proof that he is the greatest QB to ever wear a Bengals uniform and should immediately be the starting QB going forward.

Yes. This is real and this is Bengals fans.

(11-24-2016, 01:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I know I'm preaching to the choir Shake, but after listening to some fans since 2011, I am convinced that there are some fans that wouldn't be satisfied with a Lombardi as long as Dalton was the QB.  It would be as if, "Well they won the SB in spite of Dalton!"

There are guys in the Bengalzone forum who call him Howdy Doody and have stated the Bengals will never win a SB with Dalton at QB, never mind that Kenny Anderson, Boomer Esiason, and Carson Palmer couldn't get it done.

I think the folks who truly hate Dalton, do so because he's not 6'5" with a cannon arm from a big school. They went into his very first season with a preconceived notions that he sucks, so anything good he's done has been "cuz the team is awesome" and anytime he has a bad game, it's "see I told you he sucks".

I had no preconceived notions either way. I wanted to trade for Kevin Kolb before Dalton's rookie year, partially because I didn't have super high expectations for a 2nd round QB. He convinced me with his play though. Sure he's struggled in the playoffs, but I refuse to judge him at face value for that when Marv (and this franchise in general) has struggled at that level.

RE: Dalton - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-24-2016

Damn....not this shit again.  Mods.....fire the Mega Dalton thread back up so a few of these cats can get their jollies off and not interfere with objective and reasonable conversation.

RE: Dalton - bengalguy71 - 11-24-2016

(11-24-2016, 02:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the folks who truly hate Dalton, do so because he's not 6'5" with a cannon arm from a big school. They went into his very first season with a preconceived notions that he sucks, so anything good he's done has been "cuz the team is awesome" and anytime he has a bad game, it's "see I told you he sucks".

I had no preconceived notions either way. I wanted to trade for Kevin Kolb before Dalton's rookie year, partially because I didn't have super high expectations for a 2nd round QB. He convinced me with his play though. Sure he's struggled in the playoffs, but I refuse to judge him at face value for that when Marv (and this franchise in general) has struggled at that level.

Kenny Anderson, small college Augustana College no rifle arm BUT with Forrest Gregg as coach and Paul Brown in charge of the franchise!!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Hammerthis - 11-25-2016

(11-23-2016, 07:27 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Why would that be your challenge...I did not say he was not mentioned. I said he was never a serious consideration for the MVP. 

Give me a break...acting like being mentioned as a possible TOP 5 even amounts to something...anything after 1st or 2nd is an "also ran". A larger lists of players peeks interest for a larger fan bases and makes the conversation more global but in no way shape or form did anyone (outside of a few on here) think Andy was even a consideration. 

This is where it goes off script with the "Andy is a MVP" crowd. If Andy was mentioned as a Top 3 candidate then you would say #4 & #5 were meaningless...tell me who was 6th last year? 

However if Andy was considered top 10, top 12 or top15 we would be reminded daily as if it were a badge of honor. The expectation is so low for this QB just taking the field seems to garner an award.

He is an average NFL QB...there is nothing to point to that says otherwise.  I do not blame Andy for the team's poor record this year. I do however lay most of the blame of not taking a good team further into the playoffs in the years past at his feet. 

He does not make the players around him better...he is along for the ride. The team carries the QB here. When the "Team" finds it's match we do not have a QB that can put them over the top. 

Your signature says Andy is the most underappreciated player in bengals history...I don't know about that. We have our share of guys who were underappreciated. One thing  I am sure of is he has been the QB that has done the least with the most talent.  If you want to know how I determine the talent level it was with the same articles that said Andy was an "also ran" as a top 5 MVP candidate....I am sure they mean nothing on that point though. 
I record and watch all bengal games twice, constantly rewinding to see what's really going on. Like you said, I don't blame Andy for our teams poor record, but I think he's shares the largest responsibility in this team not going further than they have the years he's been here.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Junglejuice - 11-25-2016

(11-24-2016, 01:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: McCarron had exactly 2 completions of 40+ yards in 5 games last year (0.4 per game), with only 1 completion over 50 yards. Only 1 of those completions went to Green, and Green averaged only 66 yards in the 5 games McCarron played in.

Dalton has 10 completions of 40+ yards this year (1.0 per game), with 4 completions over 50 yards. And I'd say this is a down year in the deep ball category for Dalton...yet he still tops 2015 McCarron by a wide margin.

It's sad.  Some fans have been drooling for a down year to trash on Andy again.

People just honestly are delusional when it comes the things they try to use in arguments criticizing Andy. 
Its been an off year for pretty much everyone but Dalton and Green( barring like 2 games)  Dalton is the new Kenny Anderson.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - CageTheBengal - 11-27-2016

It's just sad that this thread needed a revival. Dalton is the 3rd most sacked QB in the league this year.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RASCAL - 11-28-2016

(11-24-2016, 02:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the folks who truly hate Dalton, do so because he's not 6'5" with a cannon arm from a big school. They went into his very first season with a preconceived notions that he sucks, so anything good he's done has been "cuz the team is awesome" and anytime he has a bad game, it's "see I told you he sucks".

you mean like rottenbooger or flacco? yea, I'd really hate that!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 02:22 AM)RASCAL Wrote: you mean like rottenbooger or flacco? yea, I'd really hate that!

Sarcasm noted. You're right, we should probably go after a 6'5" QB from a big school. Just like Drew Brees or Derek Carr. 

Btw, Flacco wasn't from a big school. Neither was Ben.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - RASCAL - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 02:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sarcasm noted. You're right, we should probably go after a 6'5" QB from a big school. Just like Drew Brees or Derek Carr. 

Btw, Flacco wasn't from a big school. Neither was Ben.

I know they didn't come from big schools. I watched rottenbooger at Miami U of Ohio. He was great there to.
Btw, I don't hate Dalton. He is the best we have at this point. BUT, he is NO GOD!

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - treee - 11-28-2016

Haven't even bothered to look at what I assume is some divisive conversation about Andy in this thread.

The guy has proven he has what it takes when an offense is properly built around him. He is not a concern to me going forward.

As for the reasons for his slump the past 3 or 4 games, well...

You can only get so much productivity with what we have now. You can have success with our WR corps sans Green if the line holds up, but they're not.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Shake n Blake - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 08:31 AM)RASCAL Wrote: I know they didn't come from big schools. I watched rottenbooger at Miami U of Ohio. He was great there to.
Btw, I don't hate Dalton. He is the best we have at this point. BUT, he is NO GOD!

Not sure why you pointed them out in response to my post then. I mentioned 6'5" QBs from big schools, and you respond by mentioning 2 guys who went to smaller schools than Dalton.

Btw, there is only one God and it's not Andy Dalton. Dalton is just a good QB who plays for an inept coach and an inept owner who hasn't won a playoff game in 26 years. There's only so much a good QB can do in that situation. Ask Carson Palmer (a 6'5" QB from a big school).

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - Bengalfan4life27c - 11-28-2016

i'm a Dalton supporter. Though due to the pressure he has been under this year. his internal clock is messed up and he has thrown more off his back foot this season than he has his entire career.

RE: {The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS ANDY DALTON' Mega Thread} - treee - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 02:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: i'm a Dalton supporter. Though due to the pressure he has been under this year. his internal clock is messed up and he has thrown more off his back foot this season than he has his entire career.
Sensible.

(11-28-2016, 08:58 AM)treee Wrote: Haven't even bothered to look at what I assume is some divisive conversation about Andy in this thread.

The guy has proven he has what it takes when an offense is properly built around him. He is not a concern to me going forward.

As for the reasons for his slump the past 3 or 4 games, well...

You can only get so much productivity with what we have now. You can have success with our WR corps sans Green if the line holds up, but they're not.

I've been wondering if his shoulder is a bigger problem than people realize, but you're right. We've seen the passing game be productive without AJ Green, but like Fouts said, Dalton has to scan the field more with Green out. I imagine it's hard to scan the field with defender's regularly in his face.