Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Around the NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Around-the-NFL)
+--- Thread: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million (/Thread-TE-Ebron-signs-with-Steelers-for-2-years-12-million)

Pages: 1 2

TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - The Stars In Stripes - 03-20-2020

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28931546/source-eric-ebron-steelers-reach-2-year-12m-deal

We are gonna be killed over the middle. Browns added good TE as well.

We need a couple guys that can cover a darn TE!

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - Synric - 03-20-2020

Steelers also gave up a 5th and 7th to Baltimore for Chris Wormley. I don't like this inter-divison collusion.

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - McC - 03-20-2020

Whenever I see him play, he looks good. But why is this his third team? It's not like good TE's grow on trees.

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - TecmoBengals - 03-20-2020

Good signing for the Steelers. They'll probably be the squad that maximizes his potential.

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - Nately120 - 03-20-2020

(03-20-2020, 03:23 PM)McC Wrote: Whenever I see him play, he looks good.  But why is this his third team?  It's not like good TE's grow on trees.

The Lions don't count.

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - McC - 03-20-2020

(03-20-2020, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Lions don't count.

It puts a dent in my very soul knowing Lions fans are saying at least we ain't the Bengals.

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - Nicomo Cosca - 03-21-2020

(03-20-2020, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: It puts a dent in my very soul knowing Lions fans are saying at least we ain't the Bengals.

They just jealous...

[Image: fc8a3fbc-8040-496c-af9d-99fdd41101e4-Scr....03_AM.png]

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - HarleyDog - 03-21-2020

Why all the fear of Ebron? Not that impressed.

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - Essex Johnson - 03-21-2020

(03-21-2020, 01:05 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why all the fear of Ebron? Not that impressed.

Totally agree.. 5 of 6 years he did very little.. had one fluke year.. if that is the standard can we resign Margus Hunt then he had one good year also.. Hilarious

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - 6andcounting - 03-22-2020

The closest he's been to playing in a Steelers-type offense with a good qb was his 2018 Colts season with Luck. That was by far his best career season.

In 2018, Vance McDonald season was okay at best and never really made that next step in being a consistent favorite target of Ben's. He had 50 catches, 610 yards and 4 TDs which sounds like decent stats despite the fact he was okay at best. With Ben at the helm anyone lining up at tight end will get catches and red zone opportunities by default. Ebron is a better receiving threat than McDonald in every way so he'll be an impact player in this offense.

And at the very least, between Ebron and McDonald, we should be able to get full season of a heathy tight end.

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - Essex Johnson - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 08:52 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The closest he's been to playing in a Steelers-type offense with a good qb was his 2018 Colts season with Luck. That was by far his best career season.

In 2018, Vance McDonald season was okay at best and never really made that next step in being a consistent favorite target of Ben's. He had 50 catches, 610 yards and 4 TDs which sounds like decent stats despite the fact he was okay at best. With Ben at the helm anyone lining up at tight end will get catches and red zone opportunities by default. Ebron is a better receiving threat than McDonald in every way so he'll be an impact player in this offense.

And at the very least, between Ebron and McDonald, we should be able to get full season of a heathy tight end.

Steelers have been rolling though TEs and I watched enough of Ebron to know it was not the QB... Stafford is solid.. he disappeared last year.. good TE would not just disappear.  I am not saying the Steelers should not have picked him up but for those that act that this is a game changer or a great upgrade.. look at the playing card.... 

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - 6andcounting - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 11:37 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Steelers have been rolling though TEs and I watched enough of Ebron to know it was not the QB... Stafford is solid.. he disappeared last year.. good TE would not just disappear.  I am not saying the Steelers should not have picked him up but for those that act that this is a game changer or a great upgrade.. look at the playing card.... 

I'm not too familiar with Stafford or the Lions offense, but I don't think they really utilize tight ends the way the Colts and Steelers do. 

Last year:
In 15 starts, Bissett threw for 2,942 yards. (196.1 yards per start)
In 14 combined starts Rudolph and Duck threw for 2,828 yards. (202 yards per start)

He's going from a team that couldn't pass the ball to a team with a HOF qb that has been running in a 2 TE offense for a decade. His fit in our system makes him worth more to us than most other teams. He himself probably isn't a true game changer, but in our system he'll be a match-up nightmare.

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - Essex Johnson - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 02:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm not too familiar with Stafford or the Lions offense, but I don't think they really utilize tight ends the way the Colts and Steelers do. 

Last year:
In 15 starts, Bissett threw for 2,942 yards. (196.1 yards per start)
In 14 combined starts Rudolph and Duck threw for 2,828 yards. (202 yards per start)

He's going from a team that couldn't pass the ball to a team with a HOF qb that has been running in a 2 TE offense for a decade. His fit in our system makes him worth more to us than most other teams. He himself probably isn't a true game changer, but in our system he'll be a match-up nightmare.

You have to catch the ball to be effective.. I have not seen that in him.. 3 teams in 6 years again.. hmmm.... Steelers offensive looked bad last year even in the 4 games of Ben.. they never topped 330 total yards in his four games.. it seems with a old QB , lost of Bell and Brown they are on the downside on Offense.. Signing Gurley might have made the splash they needed...

(03-22-2020, 05:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You have to catch the ball to be effective.. I have not seen that in him.. 3 teams in 6 years again.. hmmm.... Steelers offensive looked bad last year even in the 4 games of Ben.. they never topped 330 total yards in his four games.. it seems with a old QB , lost of Bell and Brown they are on the downside on Offense.. Signing Gurley might have made the splash they needed...

It was 1.5 games with Ben last year- who had been hurt since training camp anyways- including a game vs the leagues best passing and total scoring defense. 

His drops are the 2nd biggest concern behind injuries. 

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - SunsetBengal - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 06:41 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It was 1.5 games with Ben last year- who had been hurt since training camp anyways- including a game vs the leagues best passing and total scoring defense. 

His drops are the 2nd biggest concern behind injuries. 

Excuses, excuses..  A fully healthy Ben might be able to do something with that team, however, injures are accumulative over a players career.  I don't see Ben making it through an entire season, he should have just retired.  Family life changes a guy, and he's for sure not the same anymore.   Mellow

(03-22-2020, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Excuses, excuses..  A fully healthy Ben might be able to do something with that team, however, injures are accumulative over a players career.  I don't see Ben making it through an entire season, he should have just retired.  Family life changes a guy, and he's for sure not the same anymore.   Mellow

Joe Burrow will have a less compelling career than Duck Hodges. 

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - Nicomo Cosca - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Excuses, excuses..  A fully healthy Ben might be able to do something with that team, however, injures are accumulative over a players career.  I don't see Ben making it through an entire season, he should have just retired.  Family life changes a guy, and he's for sure not the same anymore.   Mellow

That ought to make the women of Pittsburgh feel better...

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - SunsetBengal - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 07:12 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Joe Burrow will have a less compelling career than Duck Hodges. 

Hmm, that Black and Yellow trash hopper that you feature in your avatar seems to be running low on quality responses.   Cool

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - McC - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 07:12 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Joe Burrow will have a less compelling career than Duck Hodges. 

You don't believe that for a second.  Maybe if you say it enough times, you'll convince yourself.  You won't convince anyone else, though.

RE: TE Ebron signs with Steelers for 2 years/$12 million - Nicomo Cosca - 03-22-2020

Pittsburgh could very well have the worst QB in the division next season.

Probably between the 38 year old broken down Piggy or the hayseed, anyway.