Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The difference with this Free agent haul - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The difference with this Free agent haul (/Thread-The-difference-with-this-Free-agent-haul)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - Bengalitis - 04-04-2020

Let's just hope its full of stipulations. Like getting paid $500K if he gets another turf toe injury instead of 19 million for not playing.

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - yellowxdiscipline - 04-04-2020

(03-26-2020, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except for the $19 million we guaranteed to a 32-year-old WR who has not played in two years.

A necessary evil. No one wants a repeat of the Whitworth debacle.

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - McC - 04-04-2020

(03-26-2020, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except for the $19 million we guaranteed to a 32-year-old WR who has not played in two years.

Yeah.  How stupid of them to want to give their new rookie QB somebody other than Tyler Boyd to throw to.  What the hell were they thinking?

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 04:25 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  How stupid of them to want to give their new rookie QB somebody other than Tyler Boyd to throw to.  What the hell were they thinking?

Glad Fred ain't running this thing, none of the good things would of happened this Offseason. We would still have all the players
from Marv's team that under Taylor only won 2 games. Burrow wanted AJ here, he said so himself. Right then and there I knew 
AJ wasn't going anywhere and letting AJ Green test the market would of been the stupidest thing we could do.

Now at least we can work on a deal with him for the future and we don't have to hurry.

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - McC - 04-04-2020

(03-26-2020, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First, Green is not a "generational" talent (never finished higher than 5th in receptions, yards, or tds.)

Calvin Johnson WAS a "generational" talent.  How many receptions did he have when he was 3
Really bad argument. How can a guy of your genius level intelligence argue production instead of talent in the same sentence you mention talent?  The two are not the same.   Try to keep your wonky arguments straight.

Bo Jackson was a generational talent.  He was not able to generate generational numbers.  The two are not the same.  Now that your error has been pointed out to you, I expect you won't repeat this mistake.

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - Housh - 04-05-2020

(03-26-2020, 02:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That 32 year old WR is a generational talent.

WAS a generational talent

We don’t know what he is right now

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - fredtoast - 04-05-2020

(04-04-2020, 04:30 PM)McC Wrote: Really bad argument.  How can a guy of your genius level intelligence argue production instead of talent in the same sentence you mention talent?  The two are not the same.   Try to keep your wonky arguments straight.

Bo Jackson was a generational talent.  He was not able to generate generational numbers.  The two are not the same.  Now that your error has been pointed out to you, I expect you won't repeat this mistake.

I made no error

Green was not a generational talent.  Calvin Johnson was.

Green was good, but he was not the biggest; or the fastest; or the best at getting open; or the best at making catches.

You can't just make stuff up out of thin air and claim it is true.  Now that your error has been pointed out to you, I expect you won't repeat this mistake.

(04-04-2020, 04:30 PM)McC Wrote: Really bad argument.  How can a guy of your genius level intelligence argue production instead of talent in the same sentence you mention talent?  The two are not the same.   Try to keep your wonky arguments straight.

I made no error

Green was good, but he was not the biggest; or the fastest; or the best at getting open; or the best at making catches.

You can't just make stuff up out of thin air and claim it is true.  Now that your error has been pointed out to you, I expect you won't repeat this mistake.

(04-04-2020, 04:25 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  How stupid of them to want to give their new rookie QB somebody other than Tyler Boyd to throw to.  What the hell were they thinking?

Right, because A J Green was the only possible receiver we could have gotten for $18 million dollars.

Rolleyes

What the hell were we thinking?

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - McC - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because A J Green was the only possible receiver we could have gotten for $18 million dollars.

Rolleyes

Another one of your trolling arguments that falls flat on its face that you will continue to argue until the cows come home or as long as anyone is foolish enough to engage you,, whichever comes first.

(04-05-2020, 11:39 AM)McC Wrote: Another one of your trolling arguments that falls flat on its face that you will continue to argue until the cows come home or as long as anyone is foolish enough to engage you,, whichever comes first.

The cows are home.

Your move.

There is nothing "trolling" about suggesting we could have gotten a pretty good young healthy WR for our rookie QB instead of one who is 32 and has not been able to play in almost 2 years.

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - McC - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The cows are home.

Your move.

There is nothing "trolling" about suggesting we could have gotten a pretty good young healthy WR for our rookie QB instead of one who is 32 and has not been able to play in almost 2 years.

And just who would this guy be who is as good as AJ?  Keep in mind that whatever name you pull outa your ass has to be someone DC's have to game plan against like they do for AJ. 

He also has to be someone the QB specifically says he wants on the team. I realize that Joe Burrow is not as smart as you but he said what he said and that's a matter of public record.

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - CornerBlitz - 04-05-2020

This is the type of response that should be deleted for idiocy. 

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - Luvnit2 - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because A J Green was the only possible receiver we could have gotten for $18 million dollars.

Rolleyes

1 year contract for 18 million.

Provide the list of WR's we could have signed for 1 year at 18 million instead of Green with the AJ potential

AB is on;y WR I see and he is loaded with baggage and suspended

(04-05-2020, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I made no error

I think you hit your head on this one Fred and you are delusional. Argue AJ is a major risk due to last 2 years of of injuries.

But AJ healthy is a game changer that every DC has to account for in their game plan due to his talent. You are assuming because he 32 now, he will lose a step. The same thing many said about Whitt when he was older than AJ.

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 07:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think you hit your head on this one Fred and you are delusional. Argue AJ is a major risk due to last 2 years of of injuries.

But AJ healthy is a game changer that every DC has to account for in their game plan due to his talent. You are assuming because he 32 now, he will lose a step. The same thing many said about Whitt when he was older than AJ.

I’ll even give you a WR example: Edelman just put up a 100 rec 1100 yd season at 33. And he’s had just as many injuries as AJ in his career.

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll even give you a WR example: Edelman just put up a 100 rec 1100 yd season at 33. And he’s had just as many injuries as AJ in his career.

And, lets' be honest; Edelman isn't in the same realm of player, as AJ is.

Watch his numbers fall off the face of the Earth, this year.

(04-05-2020, 08:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And, lets' be honest; Edelman isn't in the same realm of player, as AJ is.

Watch his numbers fall off the face of the Earth, this year.

Good point and great fantasy advice

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 09:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good point and great fantasy advice

Thanks.

It makes me utterly sick that he played his entire career in a phenomenal system (and a QB that fed him the ball a ton), is overrated to death and who will make the HOF because he has 3 rings and a SB MVP.

Meanwhile, a WR who while similar, but could run circles around him (Wes Welker), won't even sniff the HOF, because of, "wrong place at the wrong time syndrome."

Edelman is a poor-man's Welker in every sense of their games AND he never up the numbers, nor did he have the hands, of the better player.

To add to my pissed-off-ness, he is most-likely going to make the HOF and AJ will have a significantly harder time, because he played on the Bengals.

RE: The difference with this Free agent haul - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 10:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thanks.

It makes me utterly sick that he played his entire career in a phenomenal system (and a QB that fed him the ball a ton), is overrated to death and who will make the HOF because he has 3 rings and a SB MVP.

Meanwhile, a WR who while similar, but could run circles around him (Wes Welker), won't even sniff the HOF, because of, "wrong place at the wrong time syndrome."

Edelman is a poor-man's Welker in every sense of their games AND he never up the numbers, nor did he have the hands, of the better player.

To add to my pissed-off-ness, he is most-likely going to make the HOF and AJ will have a significantly harder time, because he played on the Bengals.

I don’t think Edelman is headed for Canton. He’s currently at 6k yds and 36 TD. He would need to go on a massive terror the rest of his career.