Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Who did you like Best? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Who did you like Best? (/Thread-Who-did-you-like-Best--23522)

Pages: 1 2

Who did you like Best? - Marlon23 - 03-31-2020

Boomer Esiason

[Image: 51rWk7YeR6L._AC_SY445_.jpg]

OR

Ken Anderson

[Image: 71DozX-G5dL._AC_SY445_.jpg]

RE: Who did you like Best? - McC - 03-31-2020

I am a lefty, so I naturally feel compelled to say Boomer because he's one of my kind. But there's nothing to not like about Kenny the player.

RE: Who did you like Best? - TecmoBengals - 03-31-2020

I voted Boomer and my vote is me aging myself. I was way too young to have watched and appreciated Anderson's play. Boomer was the QB I grew up watching as he lead them to a Super Bowl & I thought the Bengals were an unstoppable force.

RE: Who did you like Best? - Kingslayer - 03-31-2020

I was too little to appreciate Anderson (or even follow football) Boomer was always my favorite

RE: Who did you like Best? - SunsetBengal - 03-31-2020

Man, what a tough question. I loved watching both of them. However, I have to give the, ever so slight edge, to Boomer. There was always just an "air of excitement" whenever he took the field, he really embodied the role of "field General".

RE: Who did you like Best? - EatonFan - 03-31-2020

Boomer's play action fakes were a thing of beauty.

RE: Who did you like Best? - BFritz21 - 03-31-2020

Dated Ken Anderson's daughter and still "talk" to him whenever I see him around the area, but Boomer is just an icon for the franchise.

Maybe it's because I never saw Ken play live on TV, but Boomer was just the man that I worshipped.

RE: Who did you like Best? - Mobster - 03-31-2020

Kenny. Those Boomer Esiason offenses were loaded, and yet always seemed to underachieve. Liked Boomer, but his inconsistency and erratic accuracy would drive me crazy.

RE: Who did you like Best? - wolfkaosaun - 04-01-2020

I wasn't alive during either's playing time.

While I believe Boomer had more physical talents, Anderson was far more accurate.

But this is coming from someone who has only watched a handful of games from both players.

RE: Who did you like Best? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-01-2020

Boomer. The Bengals were actually good when I was a little kid, and that was partly because of him.

RE: Who did you like Best? - impactplaya - 04-01-2020

Kenny. And the Margain is thinner than a razor blade
Both QBs were in innovative offenses.
Both had tremendous talent around them. Both went to a SB.
I give it to Kenny cause he had to face a HOF defense
In the Steelers 2x a year
Boomer faced the Steelers when those HOFers
Retired on defense

RE: Who did you like Best? - Speedy Thomas - 04-01-2020

Kenny.

But can I write in Greg Cook?

RE: Who did you like Best? - Bengalsrob - 04-01-2020

(04-01-2020, 12:32 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Kenny.

But can I write in Greg Cook?

Hoping Burrow is the modern day Greg Cook. Loved them both, Kenny was a warrior, but Boomer was a lot of fun to watch, I think you're right with Kenny, but it's very close.

RE: Who did you like Best? - Circleville Guy - 04-01-2020

The thing that I liked best about Boomer was his in your face attitude. He held players accountable on the field and I’m not so sure how that would fly today. The play action pass and the no huddle offense were exciting. Boomer had a fun cast of teammates too. I was too young to know what I was watching with Kenny. I know the stats with Kenny but I can’t remember his demeanor on the field.

RE: Who did you like Best? - motoarch - 04-01-2020

I'm not old enough to remember Anderson so Boomer.

That aside I do have some good memories of Palmer before everything went South.

RE: Who did you like Best? - TecmoBengals - 04-01-2020

(04-01-2020, 01:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not old enough to remember Anderson so Boomer.

That aside I do have some good memories of Palmer before everything went South.

I am still convinced the Bengals would have gone to and won the Super Bowl if Palmer didn't suffer the injury in 2006 on that bomb to Chris Henry.

Team momentum was awesome for the Bengals until it all came crashing to a halt.

RE: Who did you like Best? - BURROWorBUST - 04-01-2020

We haven't really had a QB with swagger since Boomer. Plus, he was the absolute king of th e play fake. I can't tell you how many times, he fooled the cameraman. The camera would follow the runner into the line, meanwhile Boomer would have launched a 40 yard TD pass.

I loved Kenny, but gotta go with Boomer.

RE: Who did you like Best? - motoarch - 04-01-2020

(04-01-2020, 01:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I am still convinced the Bengals would have gone to and won the Super Bowl if Palmer didn't suffer the injury in 2006 on that bomb to Chris Henry.

Team momentum was awesome for the Bengals until it all came crashing to a halt.

Agreed.  I think the Bengals win the Superbowl that year if he doesn't get rolled.

RE: Who did you like Best? - TecmoBengals - 04-01-2020

(04-01-2020, 01:27 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: We haven't really had a QB with swagger since Boomer. Plus, he was the absolute king of th e play fake. I can't tell you how many times, he fooled the cameraman. The camera would follow the runner into the line, meanwhile Boomer would have launched a 40 yard TD pass.

I loved Kenny, but gotta go with Boomer.

So true dude about Boomer's play action being so good it faked out the camera crew.  It was a weekly occurrence and a beautiful thing to watch.  I always wondered if being a lefty allowed him to pull it off better than a righty.

RE: Who did you like Best? - bengalfan74 - 04-01-2020

I became a Bengals fan mostly because of Kenny Anderson, he'll always be at the top of my list. But man I loved watching Boomer's play action, it's close.