Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. (/Thread-Mel-Kiper-defends-the-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - Kingslayer - 04-08-2020

https://youtu.be/wOTFhi7O59U?t=29

Felt good to hear

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - bengalfan74 - 04-08-2020

Yes it is

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - McC - 04-08-2020

Mel's not really a guy who creates or even furthers narratives. Same with McShay. Unlike many of their colleagues.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - TecmoBengals - 04-08-2020

Thanks for sharing & it was great to see some respect thrown toward the Bengals. I really hope we don't trade down and Burrow is the pick.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - BengalChris - 04-08-2020

(04-08-2020, 08:21 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: https://youtu.be/wOTFhi7O59U?t=29

Felt good to hear

Well, there have been two eras with the Bengals. The Paul Brown era with Kenny Anderson, Boomer Esiaison and two super bowl appearances. And the Mike Brown era, which happens to be the era that elicits all the jokes, including from the team's own fans.

It appears we are entering a new "Blackburn" era and maybe this new era will be better than both the previous eras. Let's hope so.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - Nicomo Cosca - 04-08-2020

(04-08-2020, 10:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, there have been two eras with the Bengals. The Paul Brown era with Kenny Anderson, Boomer Esiaison and two super bowl appearances. And the Mike Brown era, which happens to be the era that elicits all the jokes, including from the team's own fans.

It appears we are entering a new "Blackburn" era and maybe this new era will be better than both the previous eras. Let's hope so.

Mel mentioned both Palmer and Dalton having success. It hasn’t been all bad under Mike. Has it been good enough? Absolutely not, but the notion that Cincinnati is “where QB’s go to kill their careers” is total bs. Good on Kiper for calling it out.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - McC - 04-08-2020

(04-08-2020, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mel mentioned both Palmer and Dalton having success. It hasn’t been all bad under Mike. Has it been good enough? Absolutely not, but the notion that Cincinnati is “where QB’s go to kill their careers” is total bs. Good on Kiper for calling it out.

He's a little quirky and kinda arrogant but Mel is a straight up guy.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - WhoDey - 04-08-2020

Although most of key additions in free agency came on defense. The noise around the Bengals as a whole has been much better recently.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - Synric - 04-08-2020

After 25 years Kiper is trying to make peace with Bill.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - Jhowdy54 - 04-08-2020

Mel Kiper has been trying to kiss the Bengals ass ever since the Levi Jones pick when he went off on then.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - Pat5775 - 04-08-2020

I could have sworn Mel Kiper said he’d go away forever if Jimmy Clausen never became a successful NFL QB. Well..... Ninja

But seriously, I’m glad to see some respect from a media member. About freaking time.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - HarleyDog - 04-08-2020

One thing for sure, we are going to have tons of media following this team for at least the next 2yrs. So much for flying under the radar narrative that we seem to embrace. But I’m good with that.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - Murdock2420 - 04-09-2020

I'll just be so glad when the draft is over. Part of it being that all the worry and talk can focus on the upcoming season and what this roster will look like, but also, with this day...20 something of quarantine, I really am looking forward to something to watch that is not a replay game or event.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - bengals1969 - 04-09-2020

(04-08-2020, 11:35 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I could have sworn Mel Kiper said he’d go away forever if Jimmy Clausen never became a successful NFL QB. Well..... Ninja

But seriously, I’m glad to see some respect from a media member. About freaking time.

Mike Mayock actually earned a living talking about the draft then working as a GM for the Raiders. Lots of cred he has. People like Kiper never are accountable for their errors and, like malaria, keep coming back.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - SHRacerX - 04-09-2020

(04-08-2020, 08:21 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: https://youtu.be/wOTFhi7O59U?t=29

Felt good to hear

Now I know the world is truly ending...That was an ESPN show, right?  What will all the mindless parrots babble about now?  Do they actually have to do research?  Well, they always have Florio if they can't find work there. 

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-09-2020

(04-08-2020, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mel mentioned both Palmer and Dalton having success. It hasn’t been all bad under Mike. Has it been good enough? Absolutely not, but the notion that Cincinnati is “where QB’s go to kill their careers” is total bs. Good on Kiper for calling it out.

I mean that title is easily taken by the Browns. They have what Otto Graham to their name from the 50’s?

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - McC - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 01:39 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I mean that title is easily taken by the Browns. They have what Otto Graham to their name from the 50’s?

Far be it from me to ever say a single good thing about the Browns, and thank you very much for forcing me to do it, but Bernie Kosar was not exactly chopped liver.  And even Brian Sipe had some good years.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - fredtoast - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 01:55 PM)McC Wrote:   And even Brian Sipe had some good years.

From 1976 through 1980 no NFL QB had more passing TDs than Brian Sipe.  In 1980 he was the league MVP

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - Nicomo Cosca - 04-09-2020

Make it easier, just say the Browns haven’t had a franchise QB since returning to Cleveland. That’s two decades now, which is still pretty bad. Especially considering how many they’ve went through.

RE: Mel Kiper defends the Bengals. - McC - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From 1976 through 1980 no NFL QB had more passing TDs than Brian Sipe.  In 1980 he was the league MVP

And there ya go.