Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Who did you like Better? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Who did you like Better? (/Thread-Who-did-you-like-Better)

Pages: 1 2 3

Who did you like Better? - Marlon23 - 04-30-2020

Who did you like Better?

Andy Dalton

[Image: 2013-topps-magic-mini-4-andy-dalton-foot...gals-8.gif]

or

Carson Palmer

[Image: HBfp57WMmoRSL3_IplQOR_ktC9TyrIkw8CdohEYI...jHvwKoYATs]

RE: Who did you like Better? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-30-2020

As a person or as a QB...

RE: Who did you like Better? - CJD - 04-30-2020

I like Andy better. As a Bengal, as a person and in terms of the success that he had for the Bengals.

But I think Carson was more physically talented.

He was just a little *****.

RE: Who did you like Better? - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-30-2020

Well Carson would have won a playoff game if the Steelers didn’t put a hit out on that knee, but I’ll say Andy Dalton because he’s a class act and had an amazing 5 year stretch.

RE: Who did you like Better? - Luvnit2 - 04-30-2020

Not even close, One gave to our community like none other and had a better record. Also lead us to more playoffs.

Other is full of himself and a quitter, Palmer could have chosen to win over this town, but did not even when he was happy.

RE: Who did you like Better? - Essex Johnson - 04-30-2020

Andy for the person he represents and how he make Cincinnati feel like his home and as a 2nd round QB in the end he outperformed the #1 pick in the draft in Palmer... Now i'm ready for Burrow to put both of those pieces together.. a great role model, build on our community, and be the best QB since Anderson.. he does not we have a bright future ahead I hope.

RE: Who did you like Better? - jj22 - 04-30-2020

I just can't with Palmer. First he quit (which I could have forgiven by now) but he still takes too many shots at the Bengals, and considers himself a Cardinal.

I'm going with Dalton.

RE: Who did you like Better? - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-30-2020

Carson all day.

RE: Who did you like Better? - Sled21 - 04-30-2020

Andy and it's not even close.

RE: Who did you like Better? - J24 - 04-30-2020

Dalton easily; it is unfortunate that we didn't get to see him hold up a Lombardi. The Dalton ERA will be known as what could have been era.

Carson looked like he was going to be an elite top 3 QB in 05, but he was just never the same after Kimo the assassin.

Dalton obviously had the better career here stats-wise, but he also had much better defenses (other than 09) and better OC’s (Jay, Hue). Palmer went against tougher AFC North defenses, too. Prime Ray Lewis Ravens, and prime Polamalu Steelers. I also think Palmer probably wins at least one of those playoff games from 2011-2014, but alas...

Unpopular opinion, especially today when folks are feeling sentimental, but I have to go with Palmer.

RE: Who did you like Better? - McC - 04-30-2020

(04-30-2020, 12:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Dalton easily; it is unfortunate that we didn't get to see him hold up a Lombardi. The Dalton ERA will be known as what could have been era.

Palmer too.  2005 looked like the beginning of a long run of awesome.

(04-30-2020, 01:53 PM)McC Wrote: Palmer too.  2005 looked like the beginning of a long run of awesome.

2005 & 2015. We’ll be talking about both until the day we finally win one.

RE: Who did you like Better? - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-30-2020

70-61-2 beats 46-51 every day of the week. I’ll take Andy Dalton.

RE: Who did you like Better? - samhain - 04-30-2020

(04-30-2020, 01:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Carson looked like he was going to be an elite top 3 QB in 05, but he was just never the same after Kimo the assassin.

Dalton obviously had the better career here stats-wise, but he also had much better defenses (other than 09) and better OC’s (Jay, Hue). Palmer went against tougher AFC North defenses, too. Prime Ray Lewis Ravens, and prime Polamalu Steelers. I also think Palmer probably wins at least one of those playoff games from 2011-2014, but alas...

Unpopular opinion, especially today when folks are feeling sentimental, but I have to go with Palmer.

I like Andy and hope he has success against everyone but the Bengals in the next phase of his career.  He did a lot to steady the team after the Palmer retirement/strke year transition.  He was capable of doing a lot with the right surrounding cast.  He doesn't deserve the majority of the ridicule he gets.  

Still, I agree with your sentiment here.  From the end of 04 through 2005 until the knee, Palmer looked like he would be mentioned with Brady and Manning for the next decade, statistically speaking.  He was shredding the Pats at the end of 04, at a time when the Pats were still considered a defensive power.  Then Seymour hurt his knee.  He handled the Ravens routinely in his time here, and they still had Lewis and Reed playing at high levels, not to mention guys like Ngata and McAllister.  He didn't exactly get owned by the Steelers either, until the injuries started to pile up.  Even after the knee, he came in 06 and beat them in Pittsburgh.

I still love the stretch of games in 09 when he led them to a victory against Pittsburgh at home with the Caldwell TD, then went to Baltimore and drove downfield for another dramatic game-winning drive.  They beat Green Bay in Green Bay that year, too.  

Part of Carson's shortcomings are firmly on Carson, no doubt.  His attitude wasn't ideal.  I'm sorry he didn't get to spend his career in Southern California, but that's life, dude.  He seemed to deal with adversity rather poorly.  That's not a great quality for the leader of a team.  In the end, though, his actions in the end weren't about anything that Bengals fans hadn't been saying for almost 2 decades at that point.  

In a vacuum, with no injury history and a clean slate, I take Carson over Andy 100 times out of 100 and don't think twice.

RE: Who did you like Better? - muskiesfan - 04-30-2020

Andy Dalton and I didn't even have to think about it. Not even remotely close.

RE: Who did you like Better? - Hammerstripes - 04-30-2020

Carson and it's not even close.

I get that people hate Palmer for his stance on leaving town, I that aspect of it as well, but

For the older crowd out there, Carson took this team from being the laughingstock in EVERY sport. Breathed life into one of the worst situations in sports. Carson and the rest of the offense made football fun again.

I haven't had the same level of excitement until Burrow got drafted this year. hopefully it turns out similar short term, and much better long term

RE: Who did you like Better? - shanebo - 04-30-2020

(04-30-2020, 11:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As a person or as a QB...

This was my exact knee-jerk response, lol ...

As a QB, Carson was more talented.  But as a person, Andy (and it's not even close).

RE: Who did you like Better? - bengalfan74 - 04-30-2020

(04-30-2020, 02:11 PM)shanebo Wrote: This was my exact knee-jerk response, lol ...

As a QB, Carson was more talented.  But as a person, Andy (and it's not even close).

Mine too and I agree, Palmer had more raw talent, arm strength etc. But Dalton was/is a way better person.

RE: Who did you like Better? - Luvnit2 - 04-30-2020

(04-30-2020, 02:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Carson and it's not even close.

I get that people hate Palmer for his stance on leaving town, I that aspect of it as well, but

For the older crowd out there, Carson took this team from being the laughingstock in EVERY sport.  Breathed life into one of the worst situations in sports.  Carson and the rest of the offense made football fun again.

I haven't had the same level of excitement until Burrow got drafted this year.  hopefully it turns out similar short term, and much better long term

CP had a losing record and AD a winning record. Both played for the same coach mostly (AD had to play for ZT which hurt him and his career)

It amazes me stats mean everything until they mean nothing, stat wise AD also wins, record AD wins and in the community one AD was awesome and CP was a shithead