Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
We Might Have Football This Season! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: We Might Have Football This Season! (/Thread-We-Might-Have-Football-This-Season)

Pages: 1 2 3

We Might Have Football This Season! - BFritz21 - 05-07-2020

Ian Rapoport Tweeted this:

Quote:We might have football this season!
"The NFL tonight issued a memo laying out protocols to teams on how club facilities may reopen, including consent from local state government officials, establishment of a club infection response team, social distancing, temperature screening and other measures, per sources."

-Tom Pelissero

In a world that there's very little good in right now, that's AMAZING news! Hopefully, and I'm sure they do, they'll realize that the sun kills the Coronavirus, so being outdoors in the sun would be a lot safer.

Actually, I did read where they're considering playing all games in sunny, warmer weather states.

Especially if testing keeps improving, this could be HUGE!

I need football to fill a big void in my life!

RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - JWW1971 - 05-07-2020

Not trying to be funny here but If they say the sun kills this virus, why has two of the sunniest countries in Europe got the highest death rates?

RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - BFritz21 - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 07:40 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Not trying to be funny here but If they say the sun kills this virus, why has two of the sunniest countries in Europe got the highest death rates?

I wondered that about California and I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing it's because people weren't practicing social distancing at all and it was just spreading so rapidly that the sun didn't have a chance to kill it.  

Once people have it, it doesn't die inside them because of the sun so people could still spread it rapidly.

Just my crippled two cents.

RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - George Cantstandya - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 07:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hopefully, and I'm sure they do, they'll realize that the sun kills the Coronavirus, so being outdoors in the sun wouldn't be a lot safer.

I'm confused by this.  Not only am I skeptical of the claim that the sun kills Covid-19, but also if said claim was indeed true why would it not be safer to be outdoors in the sun?   Wink

(05-07-2020, 07:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm confused by this.  Not only am I skeptical of the claim that the sun kills Covid-19, but also if said claim was indeed true why would it not be safer to be outdoors in the sun?   Wink

TYPO!!!!

Good catch  Hilarious

Why are you skeptical that the sun kills Covid-19?  It was reported by the people studying it (saw it on TV).  It was also in a piece I was researching about if it survived on food and what surfaces it could survive on.

(05-07-2020, 07:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: TYPO!!!!

Good catch  Hilarious

Why are you skeptical that the sun kills Covid-19?  It was reported by the people studying it (saw it on TV).  It was also in a piece I was researching about if it survived on food and what surfaces it could survive on.

Probably because I have seen no reports from the CDC, WHO, etc... you know all those scientists studying this, where they say the sun will kill it.  It is spread from person to person.  Do you really think that if someone with Covid-19 goes to a game and starts coughing all over the place, touching their mouth and shaking hands with people they meet that if it is a hot sunny day everyone else is safe?

https://www.who.int/southeastasia/outbreaks-and-emergencies/novel-coronavirus-2019/fact-or-fiction

Quote: Covid19 Fact or Fiction-Sunlight

Q. Does sunlight kill the new coronavirus?

Fact: There is no evidence that sunlight kills the new coronavirus.

RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - jason - 05-07-2020

Well we're movin' on down...
Movin' on down...
To P&R...
Movin' on down...

I hope there's a football season. I'm tired of watching the Jeffersons. No way in hell my ass is going to a game though.

RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - AussieBengal - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 07:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ian Rapoport Tweeted this:

In a world that there's very little good in right now, that's AMAZING news!  Hopefully, and I'm sure they do, they'll realize that the sun kills the Coronavirus, so being outdoors in the sun would be a lot safer.  

Actually, I did read where they're considering playing all games in sunny, warmer weather states.  

Especially if testing keeps improving, this could be HUGE!  

I need football to fill a big void in my life!

Just move the entire season out here to Australia, lol

(05-07-2020, 08:24 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Just move the entire season out here to Australia, lol

The days of the Bengals being a team full of criminals are long gone my friend.

You guys probably have murder hornets there and everything.

RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - sandwedge - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 08:26 PM)jason Wrote: The days of the Bengals being a team full of criminals are long gone my friend.

You guys probably have murder hornets there and everything.

Well played! Wink

RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - HarleyDog - 05-07-2020

The sun doesn’t kill the virus, it just lessons the ability to spread from surfaces I think. I heard something similar about the virus that Brad heard. You don’t see a lot of people with the flu in the summer. Same concept I guess? WTS, a stadium full of people is not a good idea. Heck, a stadium half full of people is not good either. I strongly support no fans at all this year and just playing the game. The risk is far worse than the reward.

One day we will have to force ourselves into normalcy, but just a little too early where sports is concerned.

This thread is legitimate where it’s at as long as politics and religion is left out. Concerns about the season and attending games is definitely Jungle talk.

RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - Kingslayer - 05-07-2020

If there is no football I may just go postal anyway

RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - Awful Llama - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 09:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: One day we will have to force ourselves into normalcy, but just a little too early where sports is concerned. 

Yeah, September seems like a long way off (or even August, if you're talking pre-season), but man, that's going to be here in no time.  Empty stadia may be the only responsible action, especially to a lawsuit-wary NFL.  Maybe MLB can be inventive and strike a balance somehow and give the NFL a blueprint.  Guess time will tell.  

(05-07-2020, 09:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, September seems like a long way off (or even August, if you're talking pre-season), but man, that's going to be here in no time.  Empty stadia may be the only responsible action, especially to a lawsuit-wary NFL.  Maybe MLB can be inventive and strike a balance somehow and give the NFL a blueprint.  Guess time will tell.  

I think if we avoid the inevitable spike, we might see some leeway, but, even though I’m pretty skeptical and pray they do? That’s more less likely than the Bengals winning the SB. Maybe not, IDK?

(05-07-2020, 09:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The sun doesn’t kill the virus, it just lessons the ability to spread from surfaces I think. I heard something similar about the virus that Brad heard. You don’t see a lot of people with the flu in the summer. Same concept I guess? WTS, a stadium full of people is not a good idea. Heck, a stadium half full of people is not good either. I strongly support no fans at all this year and just playing the game. The risk is far worse than the reward.

One day we will have to force ourselves into normalcy, but just a little too early where sports is concerned.

This thread is legitimate where it’s at as long as politics and religion is left out. Concerns about the season and attending games is definitely Jungle talk.

Having done some more digging I have seen where there are some thoughts that sun can, over time, kill Covid-19.  That said, as it is most often spread person to person, all the sun in the world won't help if an infected person exposes others to it via droplets.  It isn't like if someone with Covid-19 laughs, sneezes or coughs the sun will instantly nuke all the droplets spread and everyone around is safe.

So a lot of people in close proximity cheering and shouting in a stadium probably isn't a good idea for awhile.  I think at best we will be seeing empty stadium games this year.  It's going to be weird in that case. I wonder if they would put in artificial crowd noise for telecasts?   It may not even get to that though. We will have to see how team practices go first. If a few players and staff start testing positive then the season will probably be shut down before it starts.

(05-07-2020, 09:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Having done some more digging I have seen where there are some thoughts that sun can, over time, kill Covid-19.  That said, as it is most often spread person to person, all the sun in the world won't help if an infected person exposes others to it via droplets.  It isn't like if someone with Covid-19 sneezes or coughs the sun will instantly nuke all the droplets spread and everyone around is safe.

So a lot of people in close proximity cheering and shouting like a stadium probably isn't a good idea for awhile.  I think at best we will be seeing empty stadium games this year.  It's going to be weird in that case. I wonder if they would put in artificial crowd noise for telecasts?   It could get worse though.  If a few players  and staff start testing positive then the season will probably be shut down.

The studies that I saw said that it lasted on certain surfaces for as little 90 seconds, but this website says that sunlight can kill it even faster:

[/url]
Quote:[url=At the White House coronavirus task force briefing on Thursday evening, President Trump highlighted research at the Department of Homeland Security that found that sunlight and disinfectants — including bleach and alcohol — can kill the coronavirus on surfaces in as little as 30 seconds.]At the White House coronavirus task force briefing on Thursday evening, President Trump highlighted research at the Department of Homeland Security that found that sunlight and disinfectants — including bleach and alcohol — can kill the coronavirus on surfaces in as little as 30 seconds.

(05-07-2020, 09:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The studies that I saw said that it lasted on certain surfaces for as little 90 seconds, but this website says that sunlight can kill it even faster:

[url=At the White House coronavirus task force briefing on Thursday evening, President Trump highlighted research at the Department of Homeland Security that found that sunlight and disinfectants — including bleach and alcohol — can kill the coronavirus on surfaces in as little as 30 seconds.][/url]

I'm not wanting to go off topic too much but that is about surfaces. As in an infected droplet is on say a doorknob.   So surface time is secondary, say you touch that doorknob after an infected person touched it with unclean hands.  That's why hand washing is so important as well as not touching your face.

The problem with Covid-19 is that is often a person to person infection.  Say you are fairly close to someone infected and they laugh, cough or even talk where some some spittle comes out , it takes much less than 30 seconds for those respiratory droplets to reach you and potentially expose you. The sun isn't going to do much in that case.

Let me ask you.. Would you be comfortable sitting inches away between two people that have Covid-19 on a warm sunny day?

(05-07-2020, 09:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Having done some more digging I have seen where there are some thoughts that sun can, over time, kill Covid-19.  That said, as it is most often spread person to person, all the sun in the world won't help if an infected person exposes others to it via droplets.  It isn't like if someone with Covid-19 laughs, sneezes or coughs the sun will instantly nuke all the droplets spread and everyone around is safe.

So a lot of people in close proximity cheering and shouting in a stadium probably isn't a good idea for awhile.  I think at best we will be seeing empty stadium games this year.  It's going to be weird in that case. I wonder if they would put in artificial crowd noise for telecasts?   It may not even get to that though.  We will have to see how team practices go first.  If a few players  and staff start testing positive then the season will probably be shut down before it starts.

(05-07-2020, 09:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The studies that I saw said that it lasted on certain surfaces for as little 90 seconds, but this website says that sunlight can kill it even faster:

[url=At the White House coronavirus task force briefing on Thursday evening, President Trump highlighted research at the Department of Homeland Security that found that sunlight and disinfectants — including bleach and alcohol — can kill the coronavirus on surfaces in as little as 30 seconds.][/url]

Players passing it between each other will be an issue and possibly shut the season down. That would suck. We know where you were going Brad. The issue is not the surfaces itself. But when you have OL vs DL breathing in each others face before the snap? That's droplets the sun will not be able to kill. They are definitely not 6ft apart. Same goes for LB's, Safety's, Receivers, etc during the play. Tackling will also be an issue. Man, the more I type about this, the less I see a full season happening. Blind hope I guess?

Taking a temperature test before the game is not going to stop the virus on the field.

I just thought of something. Remember the episode of Coach when they went to Buffalo and ate the free chicken and all the team were sick and couldn't play? What about the huddle? One guy gets the rona, jumps into the huddle, the whole offense is screwed. We gotta work on this social distancing huddle. All plays no huddle! Damn, wouldn't that be a sure fire way everyone knows the playbook?

(05-07-2020, 09:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, September seems like a long way off (or even August, if you're talking pre-season), but man, that's going to be here in no time.  Empty stadia may be the only responsible action, especially to a lawsuit-wary NFL.  Maybe MLB can be inventive and strike a balance somehow and give the NFL a blueprint.  Guess time will tell.  

As far as lawsuits go I do believe part of the whole "reopen" (air quotes cause I was never closed) thing is there is no liability to speak of.