Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jungle Jim's?? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Jungle Jim's?? (/Thread-Jungle-Jim-s)

Pages: 1 2

Jungle Jim's?? - SunsetBengal - 06-27-2020

So, I came up to Cincinnati for a couple days, to spend some time with my son. One of the places he took me to, on this visit, was to Jungle Jim's. Let me just say that I was impressed with the facility..

My question to all of you is; How come none of you ever mentioned that the World's greatest grocery store, beer garden, wine selection, liquor store, collection of hot sauces, best deli that I've ever laid eyes on, not to mention the butcher shop and seafood market, along with the Worlds greatest collection of Organic and healthy options, were all right there, under one roof?

I'll read your explanations in the comments.. Cool

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 06-28-2020

(06-27-2020, 10:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, I came up to Cincinnati for a couple days, to spend some time with my son. One of the places he took me to, on this visit, was to Jungle Jim's. Let me just say that I was impressed with the facility..

My question to all of you is; How come none of you ever mentioned that the World's greatest grocery store, beer garden, wine selection, liquor store, collection of hot sauces, best deli that I've ever laid eyes on, not to mention the butcher shop and seafood market, along with the Worlds greatest collection of Organic and healthy options, were all right there, under one roof?

I don't live in Cincinnati Wink

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - SunsetBengal - 06-28-2020

(06-28-2020, 12:00 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't live in Cincinnati Wink

Brother, if you ever go to Cincinnati to see a game?  Make sure that you plan an extra day, just to explore Jungle Jim's.  (save some extra cash for that, as well)

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - NATI BENGALS - 06-28-2020

You are right. The worlds greatest grocery store is based in Cincinnati. Kroger.

No but really. Getting a beer and walking around that store is a lot fun

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - HarleyDog - 06-28-2020

Been wanting to go for a long time but haven’t. I’m on vacation this week so maybe I’ll make the trip? There are 2 Jungle Jim’s, which one did you go to?

(06-28-2020, 08:16 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Been wanting to go for a long time but haven’t. I’m on vacation this week so maybe I’ll make the trip? There are 2 Jungle Jim’s, which one did you go to?

The original one in Fairfield, as it's not far from where my son lives.

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - jason - 06-28-2020

My taco making game has gone next level since I discovered the Hispanic foods aisle there. I don't live in Cincinnati myself, but I've made the trip twice.

(06-28-2020, 12:34 PM)jason Wrote: My taco making game has gone next level since I discovered the Hispanic foods aisle there. I don't live in Cincinnati myself, but I've made the trip twice.

Yeah, when I move back to Ohio, I can already envision day tripping to Jungle Jim's 3-4 times per year.  We spent two hours and didn't even really shop, just browsing.  Came out with a bottle of liquor, a 6 pack of IPAs, and I couldn't pass up the 2/5$ deal on featured hot sauce brand of the month.

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - Goalpost - 06-28-2020

I've been in the very store a few times. It's definitely unique. Right near by is a Cicis Pizza which is kind of a smorg sit down lunch.

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - fredtoast - 06-28-2020

(06-27-2020, 10:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, I came up to Cincinnati for a couple days, to spend some time with my son.  One of the places he took me to, on this visit, was to Jungle Jim's.  Let me just say that I was impressed with the facility..

My question to all of you is;  How come none of you ever mentioned that the World's greatest grocery store, beer garden, wine selection, liquor store, collection of hot sauces, best deli that I've ever laid eyes on, not to mention the butcher shop and seafood market, along with the Worlds greatest collection of Organic and healthy options, were all right there, under one roof?

I'll read your explanations in the comments..   Cool

Somebody has a case of Jungle Fever.

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - fredtoast - 06-28-2020

(06-28-2020, 12:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, when I move back to Ohio, I can already envision day tripping to Jungle Jim's 3-4 times per year.  We spent two hours and didn't even really shop, just browsing.  Came out with a bottle of liquor, a 6 pack of IPAs, and I couldn't pass up the 2/5$ deal on featured hot sauce brand of the month.

Somebody has a bad case of the "Jungle Fever".

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - Johnny Cupcakes - 06-28-2020

(06-27-2020, 10:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, I came up to Cincinnati for a couple days, to spend some time with my son. One of the places he took me to, on this visit, was to Jungle Jim's. Let me just say that I was impressed with the facility..

Up until 6 months ago, I lived within walking distance of Jungle Jim’s. In fact, I’ve probably been to festivals there, then walked home to continue the party around a fire in my backyard at least a half dozen times.

The big cheese festival is there every March-ish, and you get to eat as much cheese, crackers, and cured meats as possible for 8 hours for 10 dollars. Far an addition 20, you get a wristband that gets you free wine and beer the whole time. It’s one of the things that I look forward to the most each year.

I used to be there at least once a week, and not getting to go as often is the worst thing about not living in Fairfield anymore. I’m glad that you got to experience it.

(06-28-2020, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Somebody has a bad case of the "Jungle Fever".

Yessir, that place is fantastic!  I've run across a couple of nice shopping 'emporiums" here in NC, but nothing like Jungle Jim's.

(06-28-2020, 12:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, when I move back to Ohio, I can already envision day tripping to Jungle Jim's 3-4 times per year.  We spent two hours and didn't even really shop, just browsing.  Came out with a bottle of liquor, a 6 pack of IPAs, and I couldn't pass up the 2/5$ deal on featured hot sauce brand of the month.

They have hot sauce so freaken hot down there just 1 or 2 drops (litterally) in a pot of chili will make it HAF! I usually stay away from hot sauce that hot because it then becomes a novelty to get one of your drunk friends to try so you can get a good laugh more than a good sauce. My sister has made several trips to Jims and has brought back some mind blowing shit. And, of course, since I like hot sauce, I was her good laugh. B****! LOL

(06-28-2020, 04:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They have hot sauce so freaken hot down there just 1 or 2 drops (litterally) in a pot of chili will make it HAF! I usually stay away from hot sauce that hot because it then becomes a novelty to get one of your drunk friends to try so you can get a good laugh more than a good sauce. My sister has made several trips to Jims and has brought back some mind blowing shit. And, of course, since I like hot sauce, I was her good laugh. B****! LOL

Yes, I'm also a bit of a hot sauce connoisseur.  The best ones are typically only handled in drops per pot, or dipping the end of a toothpick in them for direct measurement..

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - jason - 06-28-2020

Too late to point out that there is another Jungle Jim's out east of town Sunset?

(06-28-2020, 05:35 PM)jason Wrote: Too late to point out that there is another Jungle Jim's out east of town Sunset?

That will come in handy, when I move back to Ohio.  My land is in Gallia Co., which is about 1:45 from the Eastgate area.  My son lives up on the North side.  He went to Northwest HS.

RE: Jungle Jim's?? - NATI BENGALS - 06-28-2020

They have a clearance beer section too. I’ve tried plenty of horrible beers at massively discounted prices

(06-28-2020, 05:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: They have a clearance beer section too. I’ve tried plenty of horrible beers at massively discounted prices

Hmm, fortunately I've reached a point in my life that I don't buy "mystery beer", simply because it's on sale..   Ninja

Next time, be sure to check the date on the bottles/cans.  Could be old, and that alone can make a good beer taste like poison.

(06-28-2020, 06:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, fortunately I've reached a point in my life that I don't buy "mystery beer", simply because it's on sale..   Ninja

Next time, be sure to check the date on the bottles/cans.  Could be old, and that alone can make a good beer taste like poison.

Did someone mention beer? I was working on mancave and spidey senses started tingling.  Cool