Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias (/Thread-LE-Leaks-show-treatment-of-pro-BLM-protestors-vs-conservative-militias)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Brownshoe - 08-27-2020

(08-27-2020, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Seven times shot in the back.

And with that...I'm done with you.

Yeah, and? Resisting arresting and going for a deadly weapon. Use your brain please. I don't care who did that they're going to get shot.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - BmorePat87 - 08-27-2020

(08-27-2020, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Seven times shot in the back.

And with that...I'm done with you.

You lack the fear factor where any situation that occurs makes you believe that a person needs to be killed. I think your mental illness is called humanity. 

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Brownshoe - 08-27-2020

(08-27-2020, 02:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You lack the fear factor where any situation that occurs makes you believe that a person needs to be killed. I think your mental illness is called humanity. 

lol dude resisted arrest and was going for a deadly weapon. What more do you want? Him to actually use it?

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - BmorePat87 - 08-27-2020

(08-27-2020, 02:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: lol dude resisted arrest and was going for a deadly weapon. What more do you want? Him to actually use it?

Resisting arrest for a non violent offense by walking away from cops doesn't warrant death, so that's irrelevant to me in justifying 7 bullets in his back.

You believe he was going for the knife, and given that the Wisconsin Dept of Justice refused multiple times to say whether or not the cop who shot him knew there was a knife in his car, I find that hard to justify 7 bullets in the back. 

That's just me, a guy who doesn't think we need to blow holes in everyone who looks at us funny.

(08-27-2020, 02:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Resisting arrest for a non violent offense by walking away from cops doesn't warrant death, so that's irrelevant to me in justifying 7 bullets in his back.

You believe he was going for the knife, and given that the Wisconsin Dept of Justice refused multiple times to say whether or not the cop who shot him knew there was a knife in his car, I find that hard to justify 7 bullets in the back. 

That's just me, a guy who doesn't think we need to blow holes in everyone who looks at us funny.

I don't think the police should kill anyone unless they're threating deadly force, like going for a knife. Jacob even admits he had a knife, and one was found. The police officer was heard saying "Drop the knife!" in the video. Pretty damning evidence that he had a knife.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - samhain - 08-27-2020

Man that Rittenhouse kid is the poster child for overweight nerd that has zero chance of ever having a consensual sexual encounter with a woman. Another fine example of a dude not being able to do normal teenager things due to being an overgrown man-baby, then compensating by getting a gun an shootin' some folks.

Dressing up in cop clothes? LOL. Should you really be trick-or-treating at that age? Seems like something a mentally balanced teenager would be comfortable doing without an insane amount of embarrassment.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - GMDino - 08-27-2020

(08-27-2020, 03:12 PM)samhain Wrote: Man that Rittenhouse kid is the poster child for overweight nerd that has zero chance of ever having a consensual sexual encounter with a woman.  Another fine example of a dude not being able to do normal teenager things due to being an overgrown man-baby, then compensating by getting a gun an shootin' some folks.  

Dressing up in cop clothes?  LOL.  Should you really be trick-or-treating at that age?  Seems like something a mentally balanced teenager would be comfortable doing without an insane amount of embarrassment.

I need to add here that as a father of a teen boy I feel bad for this kid.  Obviously he has been led down a bad path and made many bad choices that he will have to live with but, again as a father, I hate to see a kid go bad.

That doesn't mean that I think he shouldn't be punished to the fullest extent of the law.  That means I have a heart and feel for people who turn out like this one did.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - samhain - 08-27-2020

(08-27-2020, 03:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: I need to add here that as a father of a teen boy I feel bad for this kid.  Obviously he has been led down a bad path and made many bad choices that he will have to live with but, again as a father, I hate to see a kid go bad.

That doesn't mean that I think he shouldn't be punished to the fullest extent of the law.  That means I have a heart and feel for people who turn out like this one did.

IDK how I feel about it, other that depressed.  I have a boy, and I try to envision a scenario where I would be okay with him going out of state with a bunch of radicalized yahoos to tote around an AR and play army around a volatile scene.  Fun fact: There isn't one.  This kid was probably never cool.  It's pretty obvious from the Eric Cartman in the flesh cop uniform photos.  Carrying a big gun probably made him feel more valid as a person.  Now he gets to see where that will land him after the fact.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - GMDino - 08-27-2020

(08-27-2020, 03:33 PM)samhain Wrote: IDK how I feel about it, other that depressed.  I have a boy, and I try to envision a scenario where I would be okay with him going out of state with a bunch of radicalized yahoos to tote around an AR and play army around a volatile scene.  Fun fact: There isn't one.  This kid was probably never cool.  It's pretty obvious from the Eric Cartman in the flesh cop uniform photos.  Carrying a big gun probably made him feel more valid as a person.  Now he gets to see where that will land him after the fact.

Depressed is a good word.

(08-27-2020, 02:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't think the police should kill anyone unless they're threating deadly force, like going for a knife. Jacob even admits he had a knife, and one was found. The police officer was heard saying "Drop the knife!" in the video. Pretty damning evidence that he had a knife.

Your assumption was noted many posts back.

(08-27-2020, 04:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your assumption was noted many posts back.

Not an assumption. It's a stone cold fact

(08-27-2020, 05:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not an assumption. It's a stone cold fact

lol

(08-27-2020, 05:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol

I know. Crazy that he would try to go for the knife they found where he was reaching in the car. Sucks that's what happened

(08-27-2020, 05:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I know. Crazy that he would try to go for the knife they found where he was reaching in the car. Sucks that's what happened

I know, and you know he was going for it because you were in the car. 

I mean, the official statement doesn't say that he was going for it, threatened to use it, or brandished it, but it's a "stone cold fact"

https://www.doj.state.wi.us/news-releases/update-kenosha-officer-involved-shooting-0

LOOOOOOOOL

(08-27-2020, 06:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know, and you know he was going for it because you were in the car. 

I mean, the official statement doesn't say that he was going for it, threatened to use it, or brandished it, but it's a "stone cold fact"

https://www.doj.state.wi.us/news-releases/update-kenosha-officer-involved-shooting-0

LOOOOOOOOL

Yeah because he was reaching for that spec of dirt on his floorboard carpet. Dude was just tasered by the cops and resisting. He went to the location of a deadly weapon after that. Use your brain for a second. I know it's hard to actually think for yourself, but you can do it. Anyone with 2 brain cells knows what he was doing.

(08-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah because he was reaching for that spec of dirt on his floorboard carpet. Dude was just tasered by the cops and resisting. He went to the location of a deadly weapon after that. Use your brain for a second. I know it's hard to actually think for yourself, but you can do it. Anyone with 2 brain cells knows what he was doing.

So... you're assuming. I'm glad we cleared that up. 

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Dill - 08-28-2020

(08-27-2020, 03:12 PM)samhain Wrote: Man that Rittenhouse kid is the poster child for overweight nerd that has zero chance of ever having a consensual sexual encounter with a woman.  Another fine example of a dude not being able to do normal teenager things due to being an overgrown man-baby, then compensating by getting a gun an shootin' some folks.  

Dressing up in cop clothes?  LOL.  Should you really be trick-or-treating at that age?  Seems like something a mentally balanced teenager would be comfortable doing without an insane amount of embarrassment.

He is one of the few who move TOWARD the chaos. Across state lines even.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Belsnickel - 08-28-2020

I am officially in the self-defense camp for Rittenhouse. Had the situation just been Rosenbaum chasing him, then I would still be undecided. However, one of the idiots in the crowd fired a shot from his handgun into the air before Rittenhouse stops and fires any shots. After that person fired the shot into the air, Rittenhouse turns around, sees Rosenbaum, and very reasonably in my opinion sees his life in danger and fires at Rosenbaum as that is who is pursuing him. The other two shots as self-defense depended on the status of the first one in my view.

I am still of the opinion he should have been taken into custody by police and that he should be charged with illegal possession of a firearm. However, the homicide charges against him should not hold.

Also, the "Rosenbaum was a pedophile" thing appears to be a fake.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - GMDino - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 07:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am officially in the self-defense camp for Rittenhouse. Had the situation just been Rosenbaum chasing him, then I would still be undecided. However, one of the idiots in the crowd fired a shot from his handgun into the air before Rittenhouse stops and fires any shots. After that person fired the shot into the air, Rittenhouse turns around, sees Rosenbaum, and very reasonably in my opinion sees his life in danger and fires at Rosenbaum as that is who is pursuing him. The other two shots as self-defense depended on the status of the first one in my view.

I am still of the opinion he should have been taken into custody by police and that he should be charged with illegal possession of a firearm. However, the homicide charges against him should not hold.

I won't be surprised if another right wing extremist is allowed to kill one or two people and be justified while another minority is handcuffed to his hospital bed while paralyzed after being shot in the back seven times just for having a knife (maybe).

After all the law is the law.

Mellow

All seriousness aside we still have a gun problem in this country and the Rittenhouse situation is just another example.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - BmorePat87 - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 07:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am officially in the self-defense camp for Rittenhouse. Had the situation just been Rosenbaum chasing him, then I would still be undecided. However, one of the idiots in the crowd fired a shot from his handgun into the air before Rittenhouse stops and fires any shots. After that person fired the shot into the air, Rittenhouse turns around, sees Rosenbaum, and very reasonably in my opinion sees his life in danger and fires at Rosenbaum as that is who is pursuing him. The other two shots as self-defense depended on the status of the first one in my view.

Rosenbaum was unarmed, so I find it a tough sell to say the gun shot helps to justify shooting him, but I do think 1st degree is an overcharge.