Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias (/Thread-LE-Leaks-show-treatment-of-pro-BLM-protestors-vs-conservative-militias)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - fredtoast - 07-20-2020

(07-20-2020, 06:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Did they admit this or was this the suspect's story?

Sorry, I just chided you for not posting a link

Here

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dhs-pushes-back-against-claim-federal-agents-detaining-portland-protesters-arent-identifying-themselves

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - fredtoast - 07-20-2020

(07-20-2020, 05:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, they definitely stated it was self defense, until they discovered it was the wrong car.  Then no one said anything.

It was clearly the white Jeep that tried to attack them by ramming the barricade.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-20-2020

(07-20-2020, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was clearly the white Jeep that tried to attack them by ramming the barricade.

I've been waiting to make this point because I honestly wanted to see how much of a knot you could tie yourself in defending vigilante murderers.  Even if the white Jeep was the correct vehicle, rammed their barrier and opened fire on the CHOP vigilantes, they were still murdered.  The law does not permit private citizens to act in the capacity of law enforcement officers.  They are not trained to do so and they have no legal standing to do so.  They hunted this car down and then gunned the occupants down in cold blood.  It is indisputable that there is audio of someone saying, "Oh, you're still alive" an interval of several seconds and then a final gun shot.  The CHOP vigilantes murdered someone and you can't defend them enough.

You are literally defending George Zimmerman.  Private citizen takes the onus of law enforcement on themselves, finds suspect and then kills them.  Seriously, this thread, and your position in it, is depressing in multiple ways.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - GMDino - 07-20-2020

Meanwhile....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/criminal-justice/ct-chicago-police-dhs-deployment-20200720-dftu5ychwbcxtg4ltarh5qnwma-story.html

Quote:Homeland Security making plans to deploy some 150 agents in Chicago this week, with scope of duty unknown

[Image: NH42NFI7VFHBFEA7TYGH7IJS2E.jpg]

Federal agents use crowd control munitions to disperse Black Lives Matter protesters at the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse on July 20, 2020, in Portland, Oregon. (Noah Berger / AP)

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is crafting plans to deploy about 150 federal agents to Chicago this week, the Chicago Tribune has learned, a move that would come amid growing controversy nationally about federal force being used in American cities.

The Homeland Security Investigations, or HSI, agents are set to assist other federal law enforcement and Chicago police in crime-fighting efforts, according to sources familiar with the matter, though a specific plan on what the agents will be doing had not been made public.

One city official said the city was aware of the plan but not any specifics. DHS in Washington did not immediately respond to requests for comment, while the Department of Justice indicated an announcement could be forthcoming on an expansion of what has been dubbed Operation Legend, which saw several federal law enforcement agencies assist local police in Kansas City, including the FBI and U.S. Marshals Service.

One Immigration and Customs Enforcement official in Chicago, who asked not to be named because they were not authorized to speak on the matter, confirmed the deployment was expected to take place. The official noted that the HSI agents, who are part of ICE, would not be involved in immigration or deportation matters.

It was unclear where all the agents would be coming from, though many were expected to be from agencies operating in the Chicago area. Questions remained about the chain of command they would fall under.
The Chicago Police Department issued a statement Monday.

“The Chicago Police Department does not maintain any authority over the federal government’s deployment of federal law enforcement agents to the City of Chicago. We regularly work alongside our local and federal law enforcement agency partners toward the common goal of keeping Chicago residents safe,” the statement read. “If federal agents are deployed, it is critical that they coordinate with the Chicago Police Department and work alongside us to fight violent crime in Chicago.”

Federal agents being used to confront street protesters in Portland, Oregon, has raised alarm in many circles. Chicago, too, has dealt with protests that have led to injuries in recent days.

At an unrelated news conference Monday morning, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said she has great concerns about the general possibility of President Donald Trump sending feds to Chicago based on what has happened in Portland.
If Trump wants to help, she said, he could boost federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives resources and fully fund prosecutors.

“We don’t need federal agents without any insignia taking people off the streets and holding them, I think, unlawfully,” Lightfoot said.

Later Monday, Lightfoot sent a four-page letter to Trump saying that, despite his “misplaced and incendiary rhetoric,” she will take him at his word that he wants to help Chicago.

And if that’s so, she said, the city needs gun safety reforms and investigations of illegal sales, more spending on community-based outreach and development in disinvested South and West Side neighborhoods.
“These acts will deliver on your promise to make Chicagoans safer – not derision, mandates, or militarized forces,” Lightfoot said.

Word of the Chicago plan comes as Trump last week made a vague announcement on how his administration intended to deal with crime in big U.S. cities like Chicago. The Republican president, who has been very critical of Chicago’s violence throughout his term, has been pushing a “law and order” message as he enters the final stretch of his reelection campaign against his presumptive Democratic challenger, former Vice President Joe Biden.
Trump alluded to the same issue in an interview with “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace, calling Chicago and New York “stupidly run” cities and blaming the violent crime there on Lightfoot and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio.

He repeated his pledge at the White House on Monday, and linked the effort to Portland.

“I’m going to do something that I can tell you, because we’re not going to leave New York and Chicago and Philadelphia, Detroit and Baltimore, and all of these — Oakland is a mess. We’re not going to let this happen in our country, all run by liberal Democrats,” Trump said, talking about violence in those places, and then mentioning Portland.

“We’re going to have more federal law enforcement, that I can tell you,” he said. “In Portland, they’ve done a fantastic job. They’ve been there three days and they really have done a fantastic job in a very short period of time, no problem.”

Lightfoot pushed back last week on criticism from Trump’s press secretary, saying the Trump administration is trying to put the blame for crime on Democrats for political purposes to “score points with their base.”
Without offering specifics, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows told Fox News over the weekend that Trump, Attorney General William Barr and acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf would roll out a plan this week about tamping down crime in various U.S. cities.

“Some of the unrest that we saw, even in the last month or so, but particularly last night and in the week leading up to it in Portland, is just not acceptable when you look at communities not being safe and not upholding the rule of law,” said Meadows. “So, Attorney General Barr is weighing in on that with Secretary Wolf and you’ll see something rolled out this week as we start to go in and make sure that the communities, whether it’s Chicago or Portland or Milwaukee or some place across the heartland of the country, we need to make sure their communities are safe.”

As news of the plans spread, leaders of the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois issued a strongly worded statement opposing the move.

“Make no mistake: Trump’s federal troops will not be a constructive force in Chicago,” Colleen Connell, executive director of the group, said in the statement. “As our colleagues have seen in Portland, Trump’s secret forces will terrorize communities, and create chaos. This is not law and order. This is an assault on the people of this country, the specific protections of protest and press in the First Amendment, and the Constitution’s assignment of policing to local authorities — not from a president acting like a despot.”

On Saturday, the president of the Chicago police’s largest union had sent Trump a letter asking for help from the federal government in putting a lid on crime in the city.

“I am certain you are aware of the chaos currently affecting our city on a regular basis now,” John Catanzara, president of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 7, wrote in a letter that was posted on the FOP’s Facebook page. “I am writing to formally ask you for help from the federal government. Mayor Lightfoot has proved to be a complete failure who is either unwilling or unable to maintain law and order here.”

On Sunday, Black Lives Matter Chicago issued a statement condemning Catanzara's request, saying it "made even more frightening" the news of federal agents rounding up protesters in Portland.

“Escalating the level of surveillance and militarization of our communities does not make us safer, whether it is by federal agents or the Chicago Police Department,” the group said in the statement. “Defunding the police and investing in education, jobs, housing, and mental health care is what is needed to make us safe.”

Former Obama education secretary Arne Duncan, who now leads anti-violence group Chicago CRED, said he doesn’t believe Trump is trying to help the city.

“I have zero confidence that he’s trying to serve anyone’s interests but his own, that’s all he does,” Duncan said.
Like Lightfoot, Duncan said he’s concerned that Trump’s move could exacerbate problems if it turns into a situation like Portland.

“It’s creating lawlessness, it’s not stopping it. It is an act of lawlessness itself,” Duncan said. “If that’s the plan, if that’s the intent, nobody needs it, including Chicago.”

So far in 2020, Chicago has experienced one of its most violent years in recent memory, especially since late May with the fallout over the death of George Floyd at the hands of police in Minnesota. Through July 12, homicides in Chicago were up 48% with 385, compared with 260 at the same time last year, official CPD statistics show. Shootings were also up by 46%.

During a 28-day period through July 12, 116 people were slain in Chicago, the statistics show. That’s up from 41 during the same period in 2019.

Other cities around the country also have seen spikes in violence this year. For instance, through July 12 in New York, homicides were up 23% over the year-earlier period while shootings rose about 61% during that same time last year, according to NYPD statistics. In Philadelphia, homicides were up 21% through July 19, and shooting victims were up by 33% compared to that same period in 2018, Philadelphia police statistics show. In Los Angeles, homicides were up close to 13%, according to LAPD statistics through July 11.

In addition to Portland, Homeland Security agents have already been sent to other cities, including Washington, D.C., and Seattle.

Oregon’s attorney general sued Homeland Security and the U.S. Marshals Service on Friday, alleging in a complaint that federal agents in Portland, which has continued to see intense unrest since Floyd’s death on May 25, unjustifiably grabbed people from the city’s streets.

That oughta go really well.

In Oregon that had naked yoga and Navy veteran let them beat on him just for standing there talking...I don't think Chicago will be quite as nice.

Almost like Trump wants all kinds of chaos in the more Democratic controlled cities leading up to the election.

Almost.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-20-2020

(07-20-2020, 08:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Self defense doesn't matter because "thugs" and "vigilantes" but the police can murder people.  Good to know.

Horribly untrue and inflammatory statement.  The police have legal jurisdiction to use lethal force when necessary.  They are trained in the law and the use of varying levels of force.  An armed mob of wanna be cops with zero training or legal standing hunting and gunning down people because they can is the exact opposite of this.  Your statement here is nauseating and quite simply you should be ashamed of yourself for making it.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - GMDino - 07-20-2020

See I'm not for ANYONE being able to get away with murder whether it is a "armed mob" of "thugs" or a "trained" group of leo's.

But some will defend one and only one because they are ALLOWED to kill people and not be charged.  Even if they are a trained group that breaks into the wrong house and shoots two people, killing one, and then lie on their report.  Even if they kneel on a man's neck for eight minutes until he is dead...or stand around watching it happen.  Even if they shoot a man reaching for his registration that he told the officer he was reaching for.  Even...well, you get the point.

How about we STOP saying it's okay for murder to happen if it is done by a group just because they are "trained".

These are the "jack booted thugs" the NRA scared you about so you'd up your donations...and now there is silence.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Dill - 07-21-2020

(07-20-2020, 04:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dill Wrote: LOL so it is finally Fred who provides a link between the shooting and far left security forces.
Apparently responding to an attack on unarmed people? 

Different car from the one from which shots were fired.  Maybe you should have educated yourself on the topic rather than playing Gotcha with someone else who is uninformed?  It is amusing to see you guys tripping over yourselves to defend a vigilante murder.

I am not seeing any sources or secure background explanation here. .

So far, Fred is still the only one who has provided any external evidence linking the shooting/shots to a "Far Left Security Force."

If there were "shots" and "vehicles" and "armed vigilantes" on the scene, and I were investigating them, I would want to know who fired shots at whom, for what reasons and in what sequence (e.g., was someone attacking, someone defending?). I'd look at whatever cameras and videos I could find and interview witnesses, to get the answers to my questions. Those answers would then be the basis for determining who was guilty or if any or all were.

I don't see why people in this forum can't do the same--either wait for or provide a full picture before rendering verdicts.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Dill - 07-21-2020

(07-20-2020, 04:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Are we talking about in a court of law or to form our opinions of current events?
Wrong.  There were no shots fired by anyone other than the CHOP thug patrol.
Incorrect.  This was a completely different vehicle to the one from which shots were fired.
Well, they flat out admitted to it on twitter and InstagramGood to know you need reams of proof to condemn this shooting but are very quick to condemn law enforcement based on nothing but someone's word.  Impressive.

Well let's start with a shred of proof.  The links you provided earlier did not support your claims.

I haven't yet seen a definitive account of the shooting provided by the police or other authorities.
Why not get that straight before talk of "murder"?

You say Fred's account is "Wrong" and "incorrect," but where are your sources?
Do you claim you were there? Have access to the investigation?

You are very quick to condemn "thugs" as murders based on--what? Fred's links?

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 12:43 AM)Dill Wrote: I am not seeing any sources or secure background explanation here.

There's clearly a lot you "don't see".

Quote:So far, Fred is still the only one who has provided any external evidence linking the shooting/shots to a "Far Left Security Force."

Case in point.  You misspelled vigilante thug murderers again btw.

Quote:If there were "shots" and "vehicles" and "armed vigilantes" on the scene, and I were investigating them, I would want to know who fired shots at whom, for what reasons and in what sequence (e.g., was someone attacking, someone defending?). I'd look at whatever cameras and videos I could find and interview witnesses, to get the answers to my questions. Those answers would then be the basis for determining who was guilty or if any or all were.

Ahh, what you're describing is commonly known as an "investigation".  See, I have no experience in such manners, much like firearms, so I will bow to the expertise of Fred and yourself.  Alternatively you could watch the video I provided, read the news articles I posted and realize that dead bodies don't materialize out of thin air.

Quote:I don't see why people in this forum can't do the same--either wait for or provide a full picture before rendering verdicts.

Ohhhh, is that what is happening in this thread, waiting for a "full picture" before we render a verdict?  Your posts, and those of other users, made me think otherwise.

(07-21-2020, 12:53 AM)Dill Wrote: Well let's start with a shred of proof.  The links you provided earlier did not support your claims.

Sure, except for the ones that did. 

Quote:I haven't yet seen a definitive account of the shooting provided by the police or other authorities.
Why not get that straight before talk of "murder"?

I see, you're under the impression that armed vigilantes roaming the streets gunning down those they determine to be dangerous is legal homicide.  I'll be sure to make note of this.

Quote:You say Fred's account is "Wrong" and "incorrect," but where are your sources? 
Do you claim you were there? Have access to the investigation?

I didn't post sources?  I didn't cite facts?  You might have a more credible argument if you didn't post such obviously incorrect assertions.

Quote:You are very quick to condemn "thugs" as murders based on--what? Fred's links?

Based on dead people killed by vigilantes?  Or is your assertion that that kid killed himself?  Keep defending George Zimmerman, Dill.  The intellectual disconnect is entertaining at the very least.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-21-2020

(07-20-2020, 08:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Meanwhile....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/criminal-justice/ct-chicago-police-dhs-deployment-20200720-dftu5ychwbcxtg4ltarh5qnwma-story.html

That oughta go really well.

In Oregon that had naked yoga and Navy veteran let them beat on him just for standing there talking...I don't think Chicago will be quite as nice.

Yeah, we all know how violent those Chicago criminals are, lets cheer them on!  Mellow

Quote:Almost like Trump wants all kinds of chaos in the more Democratic controlled cities leading up to the election.

Almost.

It doesn't appear that Democratic controlled cities need any help from Trump to be a complete shit show.  Hate Trump, love him or be indifferent blaming him for violence in Democratic run cities seems rather disingenuous.  

(07-20-2020, 04:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Is federal law enforcement policy, which is heavily vetted by teams of lawyers before being implemented, likely to be blatantly unconstitutional?  The answer to that will answer why I responded the way I did. 

Again, because you're apparently confused, if law enforcement is conducting legal arrests within the scope of approved policy than I have zero issue with it. 

I, and many others, including the major of Portland and one Senator from Oregon, think it is entirely possible that federal officers were deployed illegally. That is certainly possible whether policy is "heavily vetted" or not, but in this case it looks like deployment occurred with very little vetting, much like Trump's foray into Lafayette park for a photo op.

But it sounds like you are TRUSTING policy is vetted, ready to accept and obey, not applying your own judgment as to whether it is in this case, or about what is constitutional or not.

My question was: 1) "you are ok with federal law enforcement with no identifying insignia on their uniforms grabbing people off the street, if "as prescribed by policy"?  That asks whether you accept the legality and constitutionality of law enforcement with no identifying insignia on their uniforms grabbing people off the street. Were the arrests legal? Should they be? It's that issue which has led to a suit against the DOJ. My question also presumes that law enforcement conducting legal arrests within the scope of approved policy is what all parties would like to see. (Bels makes the same points, I believe, in post #99.)

But instead of answering my question directly, you, for the 3rd time, answer a different question, one which no one asked, about the one issue upon which there is no disagreement: 2) "Do you take issue with law enforcement conducting legal arrests with the scope of approved policy?"  That's the question you are answering when you tell us you have "zero issue" with law enforcement conducting legal arrests with the scope of approved policy.

You cannot refute this account in logical terms. You cannot show that your answer responds to 1) and not 2), the question no one asked.  

So as "a reasonably intelligent man who can determine when someone is obfuscating or refusing to answer a direct question," you have 3X decided not to answer, directly, whether you are ok with the specific policy of federal law enforcement with no identifying insignia on their uniforms grabbing people off the street, as it was applied in Portland.   You can't gaslight your refusal into "my" confusion.

If you want to call your "zero issue" with LEGAL arrests an indirect way of saying you are fine with unidentified officers grabbing people off the street, then you are just begging the question of what constitutes legal/constitutional in the Portland case rather than actually defining your own stance toward it.

(07-21-2020, 01:23 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's clearly a lot you "don't see".

Case in point.  You misspelled vigilante thug murderers again btw.

Ahh, what you're describing is commonly known as an "investigation".  See, I have no experience in such manners, much like firearms, so I will bow to the expertise of Fred and yourself.  Alternatively you could watch the video I provided, read the news articles I posted and realize that dead bodies don't materialize out of thin air.

Ohhhh, is that what is happening in this thread, waiting for a "full picture" before we render a verdict?  Your posts, and those of other users, made me think otherwise.

Sure, except for the ones that did.

I see, you're under the impression that armed vigilantes roaming the streets gunning down those they determine to be dangerous is legal homicide.  I'll be sure to make note of this.

I didn't post sources?  I didn't cite facts?  You might have a more credible argument if you didn't post such obviously incorrect assertions.

Based on dead people killed by vigilantes?  Or is your assertion that that kid killed himself?  Keep defending George Zimmerman, Dill.  The intellectual disconnect is entertaining at the very least.

This is mostly quipery. But I'll respond to the bolded.

It's a long ways from "Dead bodies don't materialize out of thin air" to "vigilantes murdered innocent people in Seattle." That's why I want to see a reported reconstruction of who fired shots at whom, for what reason before jumping to conclusions.

You frequently present yourself as a law enforcement expert, someone who should know about investigating before concluding, so I have been asking you to fill in the gaps with something more than single statement unsourced claims.  You've not done that.

Rather, you've demanded I jump to your conclusions. An "anti-vigilante" who won't even wait for the police investigation, much less the courts?

When asked for linkage between a Far Left Security Force (your term) and the Seattle shootings, you just posted a link which said people were shot, nothing about any Far left Security Force.   No one was asking for proof people were shot. Then you posted a video which was pretty hard to follow. I heard shots but didn't see anyone shooting anything. That's you "posting facts" when not relying on unsourced claims.

Then again, it was Fred who took the time to sort out what could or could not be securely gleaned from the video. Not you.

Did "armed vigilantes" determine that people were "dangerous" because they were shooting at innocent bystanders, as well as the vigilantes? Were they shooting in self defense?  Nothing posted so far has given me a secure answer to that question. 

Fred, can you help again?

(07-20-2020, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: GMDino Wrote: Self defense doesn't matter because "thugs" and "vigilantes" but the police can murder people.  Good to know.

Posts like this is why this forum has gone in the shitter.
Link to anyone EVER saying police can murder people or STFU. 

I think Dino might be suggesting that police sometimes kill helpless unarmed people in violation of their own policies, and still get away with it because of qualified immunity and colluding prosecutors.

The families of the slain and their supporters often call such deaths "murder."

No one is ever going to say police have a right to murder people, though.

Dino may be suggesting there is a double standard at play when people give police the benefit of the doubt, but not people dubbed "vigilantes" before all the facts are in.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Belsnickel - 07-21-2020

With the planned deployment to Chicago and the threat of sending them to other major (liberal) cities, I have a real concern about what is going to happen. While right-wing extremists have been responsible for more murders in recent years, there is a not-that-small group of leftists that have been pushing the revolution-by-bullet message for a while. They have grown more emboldened during Trump's presidency. There are a lot of rumblings in these groups right now. To them, this is the tyranny that the 2A is intended to allow us to rise up against. The liberals that were in favor of gun control before and got a little scared during the pandemic, going out and buying guns or talking to their gun owner friends, often ended up being mocked by conservatives (this is anecdotal from what I have been told around here) but these leftists were more than happy to help them out.

I would not be surprised to see some fireworks in the next few months.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - fredtoast - 07-21-2020

(07-20-2020, 08:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   They hunted this car down and then gunned the occupants down in cold blood.  It is indisputable that there is audio of someone saying, "Oh, you're still alive" an interval of several seconds and then a final gun shot. 

If they had really hunted ther car down I might agree.  But the shooters in the white vehicle shot at them first and came at them.

And the "Oh you're still alive" comment may have come as a shooter was still trying to raise his gun.

You accuse other people of forming opinions based on evidence like personal eyewitness testimony because that is not a "proven facts", but you are trying to call this a murder based on pure speculation without even hearing any evidence of what happened.

You are defending shooters who tried to kill protestors just because you don't like the protestors.  Suddenly guys doing a drive by shooting and bashing through barricades are the "victims".

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - bfine32 - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 08:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If they had really hunted ther car down I might agree.  But the shooters in the white vehicle shot at them first and came at them.

And the "Oh you're still alive" comment may have come as a shooter was still trying to raise his gun.

You accuse other people of forming opinions based on evidence like personal eyewitness testimony because that is not a "proven facts", but you are trying to call this a murder based on pure speculation without even hearing any evidence of what happened.

You are defending shooters who tried to kill protestors just because you don't like the protestors.  Suddenly guys doing a drive by shooting and bashing through barricades are the "victims".

I never knew you were such a fan of those 2 guys in Houston that killed that black jogger for trespassing.

With that said I need the cliff notes on the case you and SSF are debating. Correct me where I'm wrong.

Folks were out peacefully protesting

A vehicle approached time, fired shots and fled

Peaceful protestors chased them down and shot them

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - bfine32 - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 03:48 AM)Dill Wrote: I think Dino might be suggesting that police sometimes kill helpless unarmed people in violation of their own policies, and still get away with it because of qualified immunity and colluding prosecutors.

The families of the slain and their supporters often call such deaths "murder."

No one is ever going to say police have a right to murder people, though.

Dino may be suggesting there is a double standard at play when people give police the benefit of the doubt, but not people dubbed "vigilantes" before all the facts are in.

Well the post by Dino and my response have been deleted. But to suggest anyone has ever stated they are Ok with police murdering people (especially in this forum) have no interest in the truth.

RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - GMDino - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 09:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I never knew you were such a fan of those 2 guys in Houston that killed that black jogger for trespassing.

Self-defense, being shot at vs guy running and getting literally hunted down.  You've just defended Fred's position.  

(07-21-2020, 09:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: Self-defense, being shot at vs guy running and getting literally hunted down.  You've just defended Fred's position.  

I actually expanded on it as I saw my reply was "Dino-like". But the point remains.

Did those protestors being shot at chase those trying to flee?