Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Peko anyone? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Peko anyone? (/Thread-Peko-anyone)

Pages: 1 2 3

Peko anyone? - SHRacerX - 08-03-2020

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-interested-domata-peko-reunion

I would be thrilled to see him come back to Cincy. Always a high-motor guy that his teammates and coaches loved. With Tupou sitting this one out, and Glasgow released, he could fill a void.

Thoughts?

RE: Peko anyone? - Sled21 - 08-03-2020

I've mentioned it in another thread. I would love it. His play did not drop off in Denver, some even say he was better, is stout against the run, knows the locker room and is a proven leader,still has friends here, can play fullback on the goal line, and would basically be a quality backup with limited snaps that would keep him fresh. And, he could retire a Bengal. I see no downside.

RE: Peko anyone? - Pat5775 - 08-03-2020

Absolutely bring Peko back. There’s really no good reason not to

RE: Peko anyone? - SunsetBengal - 08-03-2020

I've touched on this in another thread, as well. I would have zero objections to the team bringing Peko back, in an auxiliary capacity. He served this team well for many seasons, I think it would be nice to have him retire as a Bengal.

RE: Peko anyone? - Thefinalcut813 - 08-03-2020

Also was on the Ravens. A little info a on top of it all.

RE: Peko anyone? - Au165 - 08-03-2020

I'm not opposed to it, however I think there are better options out there currently.

RE: Peko anyone? - SHRacerX - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 10:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've mentioned it in another thread. I would love it. His play did not drop off in Denver, some even say he was better, is stout against the run, knows the locker room and is a proven leader,still has friends here, can play fullback on the goal line, and would basically be a quality backup with limited snaps that would keep him fresh. And, he could retire a Bengal. I see no downside.

Sorry, Sled...I looked at threads and didn't see one regarding Peko.  I think a lot of folks would like to see him here, kind of like a much lighter version of Whit.  Team guy, and would like to see him finish here.  

RE: Peko anyone? - OrangeTerrain - 08-03-2020

Yes, let's sign a 35 year old who was unsigned through November last year, then started 3 games for the Ravens and got manhandled.

Robert Geathers is also available.

And I heard that Kevin Kaesviharn also wants a new job.

I wonder if we can also trade for Dalton, he'd be a great backup

And, has anyone seen the raiders? They signed Jeremey Hill, we missed out!

But, hopefully we are just targeting Benjarvis Geen-Ellis as another great option

RE: Peko anyone? - SunsetBengal - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 10:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sorry, Sled...I looked at threads and didn't see one regarding Peko.  I think a lot of folks would like to see him here, kind of like a much lighter version of Whit.  Team guy, and would like to see him finish here.  

Not a thread on Peko, specifically.  There is a bit of discussion about Peko in the DTs Please thread.

RE: Peko anyone? - Sled21 - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 10:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sorry, Sled...I looked at threads and didn't see one regarding Peko.  I think a lot of folks would like to see him here, kind of like a much lighter version of Whit.  Team guy, and would like to see him finish here.  

No reason to be sorry, it wasn't a specific thread, I think it was the Prince/Topou thread. I was just agreeing, and as I said in another thread I think it would be a GREAT idea.

RE: Peko anyone? - leonardfan40 - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 10:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'm not opposed to it, however I think there are better options out there currently.

This^ I love Peko and wouldn’t mind seeing him back in stripes, but it think there are some more interesting names out there considering where Peko is in his career

RE: Peko anyone? - GreenCornBengal - 08-03-2020

This would be a Marvin move.

RE: Peko anyone? - Gdale_Bengal - 08-03-2020

No. No other options then whatever. But no

RE: Peko anyone? - fredtoast - 08-03-2020

Bring him back if he can still play.  But don't bring him back just because he is an ex-Bengal.

But you all have to realize that many veteran free agents don't want to sign with a 2-14 team.  Peko would probably be willing because he has ties with teammates and the city.

(08-03-2020, 10:31 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: Yes, let's sign a 35 year old who was unsigned through November last year, then started 3 games for the Ravens and got manhandled.

Was he really manhandled on the Ravens?  On what do you base that claim?

Not trying to argue.  I just don't really know.  When I go to PFF it tells me the site is shut down for maintenance.  

RE: Peko anyone? - HarleyDog - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bring him back if he can still play.  But don't bring him back just because he is an ex-Bengal.

Good Post

Agree - But I think we need to refrain from going back to signing ex Bengals we trade/cut or leave. I think in most cases you need to move on. As someone said above, this sounds like a Marvin move. That's not my solid opinion in every case, but certainly the case here. Now, if Whit was wanting to come back and he was still performing at a high level, I would not be singing the same tune.

RE: Peko anyone? - Synric - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Was he really manhandled on the Ravens?  On what do you base that claim?

Not trying to argue.  I just don't really know.  When I go to PFF it tells me the site is shut down for maintenance.  

The Ravens brought him in when Michael Pierce was hurt in November and was a solid rotational run defender. He just offers zero pass rush.

Steelers brought back James Harrison. That worked out well for them.

Too many people hate moves Marvin made for no other reason than they hated Marvin.

Like Harley said, If we re-signed Whitworth no one would be squealing about it being a "Marvin move". That is because a lot of clueless people loved to trash Peko while he was here, but everyone like Whit.

RE: Peko anyone? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 11:45 AM)Synric Wrote: The Ravens brought him in when Michael Pierce was hurt in November and was a solid rotational run defender. He just offers zero pass rush.

So in other words, like Tupou?

RE: Peko anyone? - Yojimbo - 08-03-2020

I’d rather a young guy gets experience. If a vet backup DT was the one missing piece for being playoff contenders, sure, but I don’t think that’s this years team.