Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread (/Thread-Reds-August-16th-to-August-31st-Games-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-15-2020

Might as well start this. No games August 15th or August 16th. Reds just put on Covid Time Out as Miami and St Louis were. How many days Reds will be out unknown at this time.

Reds go into Covid Time Out in 2nd Place and in play-offs, but Milwaukee and St Louis could move Reds down to 4th place and out of play-offs as Reds games postponed.

Reds were under .500 but in 2nd and had just won series from Milwaukee, Split with Kansas City, and Pittsburgh becomes a Split also.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-15-2020

I hope I'm wrong and everybody gets better and this all ends soon. But my gut tells me this season (for everybody) is in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out and nobody on down 5 runs.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - SunsetBengal - 08-15-2020

Hmm, shouldn't this be the Reds on Covid hiatus thread? I mean, they're not playing games right now..

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - jason - 08-15-2020

(08-15-2020, 06:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope I'm wrong and everybody gets better and this all ends soon. But my gut tells me this season (for everybody) is in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out and nobody on down 5 runs.

It is... Great job Manfred and MLB. Meanwhile the NHL, NBA, and MLS are rolling along.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-16-2020

(08-15-2020, 06:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, shouldn't this be the Reds on Covid hiatus thread?  I mean, they're not playing games right now..

Hmm, when Reds get back to playing games, this thread needs ready to go.  Hmmm....Hmm.....So far only weekend games cancelled, so they may be back playing fast, and if so, we have a game thread for any games played in 2nd half of August. So this is Game Thread ready for games, not a hiatus thread.

Something non Covid already. Reds picked up OF Nick Williams from the Phillies on Saturday.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - TheLeonardLeap - 08-16-2020

Looking like a false positive situation.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-16-2020

NEWS on internet says Reds will be tested again today on Sunday. IF the results negative, The Reds and Pirates will play a Monday Double Header.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - samhain - 08-16-2020

I hate to have missed games, but they did the right thing. St Louis and Miami looked pretty bad when they didn't effectively contain their infections. Maybe the Reds will be held up as the example of how to deal with positive tests the right way.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-17-2020

NEWS on Sunday night. There will be no games with Pittsburgh Monday as Reds await more test results.

Maybe a Tuesday game ???????

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - Yojimbo - 08-18-2020

(08-16-2020, 12:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Looking like a false positive situation.

Maybe the tweet was just written poorly, but it actually reads as the players they tested were negative, doesn't say they tested ALL players. So, if it was just a single player, Senzel, or a staff member that was the original positive and they are being quarantined, possible they weren't part of the weekend testing.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-18-2020

Reds were saying a game Tuesday, not MLB. Now Reds saying a double header Wednesday. When they take the field, I will believe it. I'm glad I kept Reds on bench in Fantasy Leagues. I found pitchers for the week in CBS other than Reds on my bench until next Monday. In ESPN it's day to day, so Gray, Bauer, Castillo ready to go whenever. That was my Fantasy Draft plan, try to draft REDS BIG 3 and star pitchers in MLB and still get hitting back in March.

Reds Tuesday game just postponed. Reds news means nothing then. It is what MLB says. So Maybe Wednesday, MAYBE.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-19-2020

It is noon Wednesday. Reds are saying a double header today. MLB has not confirmed anything. They play at 5PM. They have to get dressed and warm up. Yet no real news this close to game time.

If Reds play today, they are no longer in play-off 2nd place. They are now in 4th place behind Cubs of course and now Brewers and Cardinals. If Reds play today the restart is no worse than All-Star break days. They will no longer be out in front, but playing catch up to get into 3rd or better still 2nd. They won't catch Cubs now, but 2nd is play-offs. 3rd could be play-offs maybe.

Waiting on MLB again to last minute say they play or postponed.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-19-2020

Now 2:30 ..Moose back, Senzel out ...all plans are Bauer and Castillo today....No MLB confirmation news, but the Moose for Senzel move just now seems like ready to play ball.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - fredtoast - 08-19-2020

The more 7 inning double header games we can play the better for us.

Our bull pen is a train wreck.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-19-2020

Castillo fell off quite a bit the last couple months of last season. Batters figured out he's not in the strike zone much. I was hoping they would fix that over the off season. But it seems he's still in the same place, I'm getting worried.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-20-2020

Glad Bauer & Reds are BACK and got the Split with Royals.

I'm 65 and I couldn't wait. I ate and took my old man nap. I woke up for Game 2 around 7 to 7:30.

Reds haven't lost a series for a few weeks.

Now comes 4 with St Louis. St Louis just getting key pitchers first starts against Reds since their long Covid break. Reds have Gray, Disco, Miley, Mahle. Cardinals will try to get Flaherty, Wainwright and whole team back on track. Big Weekend Series with 2nd or 3rd place play-off hopes on the line.

I now add MLB has played enough weeks now that all teams are coming out of Spring Training mode, except maybe Miami and St Louis. We will start to see teams more in Regular Season mode. Come Sept 1st, some teams will step up and get into Play-Off mode and those are the teams to watch for in October. Reds can still be one of those teams. GO REDS.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - jason - 08-20-2020

(08-19-2020, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The more 7 inning double header games we can play the better for us.

Our bull pen is a train wreck.

So is the play by play man in the booth...

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - TheLeonardLeap - 08-20-2020

Since August 4th, Jesse Winker is hitting...

.545/.643/1.182 for a 1.825 OPS

...is that good?

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-21-2020

Time to look for an available closer.

RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-21-2020

Lucas Sims strikes out the side and the star reliever gets his only out because a hitter swung and missed at ball four on a full count.

I'm tired of watching the Reds fail to deal with his immaturity and catering to his demands of being "The Man" and only coming in during save situations. He's another mental case. He and Lorenzen have the Reds needing a team of psychologists just for the bullpen.

Pathetic.