Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. (/Thread-53-Man-Roster-due-Saturday-the-5th-at-4-p-m)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - sandwedge - 09-04-2020

(09-03-2020, 07:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We need some players in year 3 and 4 to step in 2021. I hope Evans is one of them.

I have been pulling for this guy since he came to us. He's been a huge disappointment. I hope the light comes this season.

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Skidooboy - 09-04-2020

Hi Folks!

I'm a lifelong Bengals Fan from Canada. Fell in love with the the Team as a 11year old kid and I saw those Tiger stripes in 81.

For some reason we got Cinci games where I lived in Ontario Canada on our old TV tower....

Between the stripes and Ken's moustache...I was hooked!

It's been tough following the team as I've moved away...but I kept up.. the lonely life of a Bengals fan in western Canada.news papers and national games and playoffs were my only contact for decades...but I followed. No one to share the ups adn downs with..everyone here is a Vikings or Packers fan! Nothing but shade and jokes for my team in the sportsbars here. But I persist. Now with DAZN i can watch every game!!!!!!

Flash forward to this year. I live in Manitoba, am a DIEHARD CFL BLUE BOMBERS FAN and still hope every year my beloved Bengals will win...Then the Bengals go and sign Winstone Rose!!!! Bombers loss, but Bengals win! After watching this guy in the CFL I can say he's a gifted athlete with a huge toolbox..... I think he has the raw talent and ethic to make it in the NFL.....

I see Rose is on most peoples 53 man roster...just wondering how you see him fitting in to the group? will he be a platoon/ Injury replacement? or does he have a chance to start some games?

What do ya all think?

Anyhow this year has me feeling as optimistic as the 2012 off season (when I was sure Dalton was gonna drag the team to the championship.) so I decided to find a fan forum and join my fellow fans in this the most auspicious of seasons.

Who Dey? Some of them are Friendly Manitobans.

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Mobster - 09-04-2020

No way they keep 8 WRs. And Evans is a lock at LB provided he's healthy. 5 safeties seems unlikely too.

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 04:06 PM)Skidooboy Wrote: Hi Folks!

I'm a lifelong Bengals Fan from Canada. Fell in love with the the Team as a 11year old kid and I saw those Tiger stripes in 81.

For some reason we got Cinci games where I lived in Ontario Canada on our old TV tower....

It's been tough following the team as I've moved away...but I kept up.. the lonely life of a Bengals fan in western Canada.news papers and national games and playoffs were my only contact for decades...but I followed.  No one to share the ups adn downs with..everyone here is a Vikings or Packers fan! Nothing but shade and jokes for my team in the sportsbars here. But I persist. Now with DAZN i can watch every game!!!!!!

Flash forward to this year. I live in Manitoba, am a DIEHARD CFL BLUE BOMBERS FAN and still hope every year my beloved Bengals will win...Then the Bengals go and sign Winstone Rose!!!!  Bombers loss, but Bengals win! After watching this guy in the CFL I can say he's a gifted athlete with a huge toolbox..... I think he has the raw talent and ethic to make it in the NFL.....

I see Rose is on most peoples 53 man roster...just wondering how you see him fitting in to the group? will he be a platoon/ Injury replacement? or does he have a chance to start some games?

What do ya all think?

Anyhow this year has me feeling as optimistic as the 2012 off season (when I was sure Dalton was gonna drag the team to the championship.) so I decided to find a fan forum and join my fellow fans in this the most auspicious of seasons.

I think Rose is right on the edge of the 53 man roster. We will likely play 3 CBs most of the time, and keep at least 5 (if not 6-7) CBs on the roster.

Our #1 CB (Waynes) got injured in camp and will miss most/all of the season, so everyone on the CB depth chart got bumped up a spot. Further, the two guys most likely to replace him have both missed a bit of time (Sims & Phillips), the former for personal reasons and the latter with small injuries. One of our other CBs left camp to search for his father who went missing in the woods in Florida, and promptly got arrested for allegedly assaulting the guy last seen with his father (who got separated from him in the woods). He is back now, but both he (Alexander) and our other starting corner (Jackson) are free agents after this year, so some CB depth seems a good idea.

Because of NFL roster rules, if we think Waynes can return this year, he has to make the roster, then be placed on Injured Reserve, and then we can designate a player to replace him on the roster. But that player has to ne released first. Rose could be that guy.

I'd rate him as the 5th/6th CB we have healthy. Jackson, Alexander, Phillips, Sims, then Brown & Rose. There are some other guys in the mix with previous experience in Cincy (Mabin & McTyer).

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 04:13 PM)Mobster Wrote: No way they keep 8 WRs. And Evans is a lock at LB provided he's healthy. 5 safeties seems unlikely too.

Agree that with Calitro traded, Evans seems a lock for the #6 LB spot. IF he is healthy, as you say. And IF we keep 6 LBs, which I think is likely, but not a certainty.

Agree that 5 safeties seems unlikely, but I think they like Henderson and Williams is hurt, and an expensive FA after this year, and Wilson returns kicks.....I just think they rate Henderson higher than the #9 DL (Brown/ Freedom/Bledsoe), #5 RB (Patrick), #4 TE (Schreck), #10 OL, or #3 QB. I guess we'll see. I think he is a protected PS guy at worst.

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - J24 - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 04:13 PM)Mobster Wrote: No way they keep 8 WRs. And Evans is a lock at LB provided he's healthy. 5 safeties seems unlikely too.

Why no way on 8WRs?

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - NATI BENGALS - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 10:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Why no way on 8WRs?

Depth chart
18mil for the #1
big money second contract second round pick #2 
top 10 pick for #3
33rd overall pick for #4
7th round steal for #5
always faithful, under used, clutch, top punt returner for #6
5th year vet FA acquisition familiar with new HC for #7

Damn!!

We have some really good WRs. I made my 53 guess, kept 7 WRs, and totally forgot about Thomas. No way we can keep 8 though. Hopefully we can hang on to Morgan, I don't think young fringe WRs will be hot waiver claims.

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 04:06 PM)Skidooboy Wrote: Hi Folks!

It's been tough following the team as I've moved away...but I kept up.. the lonely life of a Bengals fan in western Canada.news papers and national games and playoffs were my only contact for decades...but I followed. No one to share the ups adn downs with..everyone here is a Vikings or Packers fan! Nothing but shade and jokes for my team in the sportsbars here. But I persist. Now with DAZN i can watch every game!!!!!!

Flash forward to this year. I live in Manitoba, am a DIEHARD CFL BLUE BOMBERS FAN and still hope every year my beloved Bengals will win...Then the Bengals go and sign Winstone Rose!!!! Bombers loss, but Bengals win! After watching this guy in the CFL I can say he's a gifted athlete with a huge toolbox..... I think he has the raw talent and ethic to make it in the NFL.....

What do ya all think?

Psh, the Bombers will never be the Argos Wink

Rose should definitely be a fringe guy and I personally think he will make the roster, but we'll see.

If you ever come by the GTA, let me know Wink

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-05-2020

Post trade roster guess:

1. Locks = 38.

O = 18. Burrow; Mixon; Green, Boyd, Ross; Uzomah; J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, XSF, Hart. Bernard; Higgins, Tate; Sample; Johnson, Price.

D = 17. Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard; Bynes, Pratt; Jackson, Alexander, Phillips; Bell, Bynes. Lawson, Daniels; L. Wilson, ADG; Sims; S. Williams.

ST = 3. Bullock; Huber; Harris.
----------------

2. Near Locks = 5. 43.

O = 3. Erickson; Carter; Adeniji.
D = 2. Kareem; B. Wilson.
---------------

3. Probable = 6. (49).

O = 3. T. Williams; Thomas; Redmond.
D = 3. Covington; Bailey; Waynes*.

*If we think he can play this year, if not, straight to IR.
---------------

4. Bubble = 4.

O = 1. Perine.
D = 3. Evans; T. Brown, Rose.
----------------

5. Waynes Replacement = 1.

D = 1. Henderson.
---------------------

6. Practice Squad = 16.

1. Dolegala, QB (Protected)
2. Schreck, TE (Protected)
3. Maugioa, C/G (Protected)
4. Morgan, WR (Protected)
5. Bledsoe, DE
6. Allen, QB
7. Patrick, RB
8. Wilcox, TE
9. Dishon, DT
10. Spears, LB
11. McTyver, CB
12. Akinmoladun, DE
13. Knipfel, OT
14. A. Brown, DE
15. Futrell, Edge
16. Washington, WR
-----------------------

So long: Mabin (CB), Lodge (WR), Franks (TE), Smith (DB), McKenzie (DT/OG).

I'd wager we use our waiver claim position at least twice & some guts get bumped. A PK/P for emergencies would also make sense.

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Luvnit2 - 09-05-2020

I think because we have to keep Alexander on the 53 for a day and then IR him, we cut a vet who makes a lot of money and has underperformed or we cut Bullock.

Either cut knowing we will re-sign them the next day for same contract. I worry exposing someone another team would grab eligible for waivers.

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-05-2020

So, so far today we have waived: Allen, Dolegala, Patrick, McTyver & Rose.

No lineman, TE, WR, or LBs have been released yet.

FWIW, I believe we can have up to 6 veterans (4+ years) on the PS this year. McTyer & Allen would both qualify.

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Luvnit2 - 09-05-2020

Just posted this is another thread.

We can get Rosen dirt cheap!!!!!!!!!

it is somewhat surprising the team decided against developing Rosen -- with his cheap $750,000 salary -- as a backup.

No strings, no draft picks, if we want him nothing other 32 teams can do to stop it

Now Irwin & Lodge.

Updated waivers from today = 7. Dolegala (QB), Allen (QB), Patrick (RB), Irwin (WR), Lodge (WR), McTyer (CB), Rose (CB).

Cincyjungle has Rose, Patrick, & Irwin as likely PS guys if they clear waivers.

(09-05-2020, 01:20 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Now Schreck & Akinmoladun according to SI.

Updated waivers from today = 9. Dolegala (QB), Allen (QB), Patrick (RB), Irwin (WR), Lodge (WR), Schreck (TE), Akinmoladum (DE), McTyer (CB), Rose (CB).

Gotta think this means only 3 TEs unless we claim someone juicy. Though Franks & Wilcox remain.

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Geno_Can_Dunk - 09-05-2020

Tyler Dragon also tweeted the Schreck release. He's a guy I've been pulling for since we drafted him. Not really sure what the Cethan Carter fascination is with this staff. I wonder if Schreck has a chance to beat him out if there had been preseason games.

Still around:

QB = 2. Burrow, Finley.
RB = 4. Mixon, Bernard, T. Williams, Perine.
WR = 8. Green, Boyd, Ross, Higgins, Tate, Erickson, Thomas, Washington.
TE = 5. Uzomah, Sample, Carter, Franks, Wilcox.
OL = 11. J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, XSF, Hart, Johnson, Price, Redmond, Mauigoa, Knipfel.
DL = 12. Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard, Lawson, Daniels, Kareem, Covington, A. Brown, Bledsoe, Dishon, McKenzie.
LB = 8. Bynes, Pratt, L. Wilson, ADG, Bailey, Evans, Spears, Futrell.
CB = 7. Jackson, Alexander, Phillips, Sims, Waynes, T. Brown, Mabin.
S = 6. Bell, Bates, S. Williams, B. Wilson, Henderson, Smith.
ST = 4. Bullock, Huber, Harris, Godsil.

67 by my count.

(09-05-2020, 01:38 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Tyler Dragon also tweeted the Schreck release. He's a guy I've been pulling for since we drafted him. Not really sure what the Cethan Carter fascination is with this staff. I wonder if Schreck has a chance to beat him out if there had been preseason games.

Keep pulling. I think he is a PS guy if he clears waivers. For the most part, I think guys with some exoerience (both with the system/team and NFL in general) will be preferred over raw developmental guys on the PS this year due to COVID. A few exceptions, of course. But having a solid guy who can step in immediately will be a plus. 

RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - pally - 09-05-2020

(09-05-2020, 01:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Still around:

QB = 2. Burrow, Finley.
RB = 4. Mixon, Bernard, T. Williams, Perine.
WR = 8. Green, Boyd, Ross, Higgins, Tate, Erickson, Thomas, Washington.
TE = 5. Uzomah, Sample, Carter, Franks, Wilcox.
OL = 11. J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, XSF, Hart, Johnson, Price, Redmond, Mauigoa, Knipfel.
DL = 12. Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard, Lawson, Daniels, Kareem, Covington, A. Brown, Bledsoe, Dishon, McKenzie.
LB = 8. Bynes, Pratt, L. Wilson, ADG, Bailey, Evans, Spears, Futrell.
CB = 7. Jackson, Alexander, Phillips, Sims, Waynes, T. Brown, Mabin.
S = 6. Bell, Bates, S. Williams, B. Wilson, Henderson, Smith.
ST = 4. Bullock, Huber, Harris, Godsil.

67 by my count.
 now 66