Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This OL Is Garbage - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This OL Is Garbage (/Thread-This-OL-Is-Garbage)

Pages: 1 2 3

This OL Is Garbage - GodFather - 09-13-2020

This OL is horrible and should've been addressed this offseason. Williams playing wasn't going to fix it. We needed difference makers this offseason and everyone knows championship teams are ones that start with a great OL and DL.

Heres the bigger question, WTF and I mean WTF is it being a Bengals fan? My son was all positive at the end of the game and said "We're gonna do it dad" my response was I doubt it, the Bengals find a way to lose 99% of the time. Then comes AJ's penalty call which is BS because the Chargers were doing it all game with no flags and then comes the CLASSIC last second shank. My wife said to me "you seem pissy tonight?" I just responded "naaaa its football season" Hilarious

RE: This OL Is Garbage - ochocincos - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 09:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: This OL is horrible and should've been addressed this offseason. Williams playing wasn't going to fix it. We needed difference makers this offseason and everyone knows championship teams are ones that start with a great OL and DL.

Heres the bigger question, WTF and I mean WTF is it being a Bengals fan? My son was all positive at the end of the game and said "We're gonna do it dad" my response was I doubt it, the Bengals find a way to lose 99% of the time. Then comes AJ's penalty call which is BS because the Chargers were doing it all game with no flags and then comes the CLASSIC last second shank. My wife said to me "you seem pissy tonight?" I just responded "naaaa its football season" Hilarious

You mean relying on a FA who had been relegated to backup in XSF and hoping that Jordan and Hart would all of a sudden become good starters after a year of abysmal play last year wasn't a good strategy?

Who woulda thunk?  Sarcasm

RE: This OL Is Garbage - cincyfan429 - 09-13-2020

They need to start drafting offensive lineman in the early rounds not a WR first pick of second round should have went with at least a guard.

RE: This OL Is Garbage - WeezyBengal - 09-13-2020

Bengals have no one to blame but themselves for poor o line play. Its literally the same players they had out there last year and they were bad.

Front office needed to address it better this off season especially with a rookie qb coming in. They didnt.

(09-13-2020, 09:11 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: They need to start drafting offensive lineman in the early rounds not a WR first pick of second round should have went with at least a guard.

Theyve literally done that in the past and it hasnt worked out. 

RE: This OL Is Garbage - bfine32 - 09-13-2020

Nothing is a sure thing except for Bengal fans to bytch after a loss. How many folks wanted this guy:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/12/titans-isaiah-wilson-arrested-with-career-off-to-messy-start/

Quote:Brooklyn native and Tennessee Titans first-round pick Isaiah Wilson was arrested Friday night for DUI.

I know I did.

RE: This OL Is Garbage - cincyfan429 - 09-13-2020

What Boling, Zeitler. Smith and even Whitworth. We were good when we had them and drafted them all.

RE: This OL Is Garbage - Frank Booth - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 09:11 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: They need to start drafting offensive lineman in the early rounds not a WR first pick of second round should have went with at least a guard.

They’ve been really bad with drafting linemen in the early rounds. Ohbuehi, fisher, that center from ohio st. Yuck

RE: This OL Is Garbage - GodFather - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing is a sure thing except for Bengal fans to bytch after a loss.

get ready for alot of bytching this year.

(09-13-2020, 09:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: get ready for alot of bytching this year.

Like 30 years since our last playoff win...I think we've earned it. 

RE: This OL Is Garbage - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 09:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They’ve been really bad with drafting linemen in the early rounds. Ohbuehi, fisher, that center from ohio st. Yuck

That center from Ohio State played respectably at right guard today.

RE: This OL Is Garbage - Frank Booth - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 09:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That center from Ohio State played respectably at right guard today.

Finally

RE: This OL Is Garbage - Nati#1 - 09-13-2020

Can we replace bobby harts sorry ass?

RE: This OL Is Garbage - NATI BENGALS - 09-13-2020

Chargers DL ain’t no joke.

First game with new pieces and first live action.

I’m not giving up

RE: This OL Is Garbage - BengalFanInNJ - 09-13-2020

How did Jonah Williams look? Was he up against Bosa at all today?

RE: This OL Is Garbage - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-13-2020

The Bengals’ offensive line shit the bed so bad their Sleep Number is #2.

RE: This OL Is Garbage - JSR18 - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 09:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: This OL is horrible and should've been addressed this offseason. Williams playing wasn't going to fix it. We needed difference makers this offseason and everyone knows championship teams are ones that start with a great OL and DL.

Pissy?? I'm 7° beyond livid...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: This OL Is Garbage - Big Boss - 09-13-2020

People told these coaches the o-line was a problem. They said it was fine. They will reap what they sow.

RE: This OL Is Garbage - jfkbengals - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 09:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals have no one to blame but themselves for poor o line play. Its literally the same players they had out there last year and they were bad.

Front office needed to address it better this off season especially with a rookie qb coming in. They didnt.

Except it's not, as neither Williams nor XSF played for us last year.  40% if the starting line was different.

(09-13-2020, 09:49 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: How did Jonah Williams look? Was he up against Bosa at all today?

Bosa schooled him the first few plays, then moved to the right side and made Hart his ***** for the rest of the game.

RE: This OL Is Garbage - WhodeyRay - 09-13-2020

Good teams build the team around the line. This allows you to have above average receivers and rb's and not have to sink huge money on those positions. If the receivers have an extra second or 2 it gives them time to get open and any rb can run with an open hole. Also with a young qb and a bad line is one of the quickest way to ruin him. We have Williams, Jordan, Price, and Johnson that are all young. Let's see what they have this year and if no promise lets move on if they work out or show promise great. Xsf is a backup period. Keep Price in and see if he improves and put Johnson in to see if he has anything. We know Hart is not the answer and a little nuts as well so stop troting him out there. If Johnson and Price can't cut it time to try again in the draft.