Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow will go off on Thursday - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow will go off on Thursday (/Thread-Burrow-will-go-off-on-Thursday)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Burrow will go off on Thursday - Trademark - 09-15-2020

Have a feeling that Thursday Burrow is going to decimate the Browns and the Bengals will dominate the day 45-3. Who Dey !

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - jj22 - 09-16-2020

A QB that shines in primetime. I like it. And agree.

Treat the whole game like it's a two minute drill.

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - Murdock2420 - 09-16-2020

If I had to pick someone to go off, it will be Mixon. He is still pissed about the fumble and said he "owes the team". I think he is going to take it out on the Browns defense.

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - TKUHL - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 12:14 AM)jj22 Wrote: A QB that shines in primetime. I like it. And agree.

Treat the whole game like it's a two minute drill.

So.......we’re starting the game with no time outs?

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - Nicomo Cosca - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 01:38 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If I had to pick someone to go off, it will be Mixon. He is still pissed about the fumble and said he "owes the team". I think he is going to take it out on the Browns defense.

Boyd could also have big game. The Browns are missing their slot CB in Kevin Johnson.

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - jeremydc - 09-16-2020

Go or Turn?

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - GreenCornBengal - 09-16-2020

As much as I want to believe it, I’m going to hold my homer feelings in check. He should be better than week 1, but I don’t think this Oline is going to allow him to go off. Hope I’m wrong.

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-16-2020

The only thing Joe Burrow will go off on is the offensive line when he gets flattened and hurried again.

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - Sled21 - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 02:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boyd could also have big game. The Browns are missing their slot CB in Kevin Johnson.

Sounds to me like Burrow should be able to have a field day if the line will give him just a little time....

Quote:But how ready? The Browns have a new defensive coordinator and a new scheme that is reeling from Sunday's 38-6 loss to the Ravens and with word Tuesday that linebacker Jacob Phillips didn't practice and looks to be out, that means the Browns have five key defensive players not available. That's a list that starts with their best linebacker in Mack Wilson, one of their top safeties in rookie Grant Delpit and two of their three top cornerbacks in Greedy Williams and Kevin Johnson.

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - Nately120 - 09-16-2020

I'm taking Burrow off my fantasy bench and putting him in. Give me all that orange Falovorade.

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - Rubekahn29 - 09-16-2020

My concern is and will continue to be ZT's playcalling. Burrow showed me that he can ball. Its ZT's responsibility to put him in good positions.

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - CJD - 09-16-2020

I think Mixon is going to have a good game on Thursday. In 2019, he had 49 carries for 308 yards and 3 TDs vs Cleveland. In 2018, he had 31 carries for 157 yards vs Cleveland. And in 2017, he had one game with 23 carries, 114 yards and 1 TD vs Cleveland. The other game in 2017 was bad, 17 carries for 29 yards, but that has been Mixon's only bad game against Cleveland. So trends say he'll play well.

With Mixon playing well, Burrow will likely have a good game as well.

I'm excited to see how he performs in his second career game. I'm not expecting fireworks, but material improvement would be great. Maybe he can get a few TDs and get close to 300 yards?

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 09:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm taking Burrow off my fantasy bench and putting him in. Give me all that orange Falovorade.

I'm thinking about that too... mind you, my QB1 IS Russell Wilson, so it'd be foolish of me to be a homer in this case, on paper...

(09-16-2020, 09:50 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Mixon is going to have a good game on Thursday. In 2019, he had 49 carries for 308 yards and 3 TDs vs Cleveland. In 2018, he had 31 carries for 157 yards vs Cleveland. And in 2017, he had one game with 23 carries, 114 yards and 1 TD vs Cleveland. The other game in 2017 was bad, 17 carries for 29 yards, but that has been Mixon's only bad game against Cleveland. So trends say he'll play well.

With Mixon playing well, Burrow will likely have a good game as well.

I'm excited to see how he performs in his second career game. I'm not expecting fireworks, but material improvement would be great. Maybe he can get a few TDs and get close to 300 yards?

That's why I think he will feast on Cleveland as well; while anything can happen, he simply doesn't have bad games against the Browns.

BTW, in his 1 poor game against them:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201710010cle.htm

No need to get the guy a ton of touches when you play an incredibly-inept team.

(09-16-2020, 10:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm thinking about that too... mind you, my QB1 IS Russell Wilson, so it'd be foolish of me to be a homer in this case, on paper...

That's why I think he will feast on Cleveland as well; while anything can happen, he simply doesn't have bad games against the Browns.

BTW, in his 1 poor game against them:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201710010cle.htm

No need to get the guy a ton of touches when you play an incredibly-inept team.

We have a 2 QB setup so I'll go Mahommes and Burrow and bench Stafford.  It's a non money league with my friends so I'm only being bold in jest.

My team is named The Chris Hansen Qockblockers, after all. 

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - PhilHos - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 05:48 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: As much as I want to believe it, I’m going to hold my homer feelings in check. He should be better than week 1, but I don’t think this Oline is going to allow him to go off. Hope I’m wrong.

In the first half of the Chargers game, Burrow had 51 yards (9 for 14 passing if anyone cares).
In the second half, Burrow had 142 yards (14 for 22 passing if anyone cares)

The OL fared much bette rin the 2nd half. Supposing the 1st half was a mirror of the 2nd, Burrow would've had 284 yards for the game. Not lighting it up numbers, but certainly not bad. My point being that it's not out of the realm of possibility for Burrow to "go off" if the OL blocks the Browns at least as well as they blocked the Chargers in the 2nd half.

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - SHRacerX - 09-16-2020

(09-15-2020, 11:31 PM)Trademark Wrote: Have a feeling that Thursday Burrow is going to decimate the Browns and the Bengals will dominate the day 45-3. Who Dey !

While I would love this, I fear that in typical Bengal fashion the offense will do better than 13 measly points, but the defense will fold.  Cleveland's offense has a ton more talent than LA and combine that with a short week and travel...It just doesn't look good.  

(09-16-2020, 09:32 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: My concern is and will continue to be ZT's playcalling. Burrow showed me that he can ball. Its ZT's responsibility to put him in good positions.

This.   ThumbsUp

RE: Burrow will go off on Thursday - PhilHos - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I would love this, I fear that in typical Bengal fashion the offense will do better than 13 measly points, but the defense will fold.  Cleveland's offense has a ton more talent than LA and combine that with a short week and travel...It just doesn't look good.  

It's not like the team has to travel far. 

(09-16-2020, 10:34 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It's not like the team has to travel far. 

Regardless of literal distance, no one "goes far" by going to Cleveland. 

(09-16-2020, 10:34 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It's not like the team has to travel far. 

If they aren't flying (and I don't know if they are) it is a four hour bus ride.  If they are flying, you STILL go to an altitude where everything "swells" and soreness and inflammation worsen.   I am just saying, it is not an advantage.