Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2020 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2020-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** (/Thread-Week-2-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Browns)

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: D will happily give up short passes on a 15 play drive while up multiple scores at the end of the 4th.

Did you ever go on this much about “garbage time” with our last QB? The Browns were a recovered onside kick away from potentially losing the game. They were absolutely trying to stop them.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-18-2020

Geno and Daniels can fix Dline. Next up we will give Eagles their first win

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-18-2020

A spoonful of hope and a cup of despair.

Burrow is legit. Too bad he'll be a wreck by week 5.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Nately120 - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:44 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We wont have to worry about Burrow pulling a Luck. I don't think Luck loved football. Burrow does

Luck was a top tier talent taken by a team that let him get pummeled and chronically injured behind a terrible o-line.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - iowahwky4cincy - 09-18-2020

If you had told me before the game that the Bengals would score 30 pts & get over 400 yds (with Burrow going for over 300) from scrimmage, I'd have called it a good guys "W". Especially with the tens of millions spent on the defense in the off-season.
GO STRIPES!!!

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Billy_Bengal - 09-18-2020

Why is everyone Baker Mayfield’s hype guy? If there’s one guy the NFL doesn’t need as a front man it’s that douche. He’s a scum bag.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - BengalFanInNJ - 09-18-2020

If any of these linemen post a PFF grade over 50 I will be absolutely shocked.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - iLLuSi0nz - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:46 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Well I'll say it again, fire zac taylor, lou anorumo and Turner

x1000 - who do we bring in though? literally anyone? My thoughts on Zac going are limited to his response to what we saw tonight with Burrow getting trashed again and the D getting obliterated.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - TKUHL - 09-18-2020

Green should have had PI in the endzone, the guy was holding his arm. Why is Ross even taking a spot in the field? It looks like Burrow dosnt even ant to throw the ball yo him. So he Is a smart QB. Anyway called this shit in the prediction thread. I had Burrow with 315 yards 3TD’s only to have the D not show up. Looked about right to me.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Nately120 - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:46 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Well I'll say it again, fire zac taylor, lou anorumo and Turner

I don't like any of these guys, but when was the last time we fired a coach and replaced him with someone better?

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Nati#1 - 09-18-2020

The offensive line is terrible. Burrow helped them out. We definetly need help on the o line. Mixon has nowhere to run. ..oh also ..FIRE ANARUMO

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Clark W Griswold - 09-18-2020

Good news - Bengals have a franchise QB
Bad news - no way he stays healthy all year behind this OL.
I know Burrow likes formations that spread the WRs out and has 4-5 running patterns but they need to keep a RB back there at all times. Gotta have someone pick up the pass rusher who is instantly in the backfield on every play (and hope there’s just one).

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - TheLeonardLeap - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you ever go on this much about “garbage time” with our last QB? The Browns were a recovered onside kick away from potentially losing the game. They were absolutely trying to stop them.

In the later years? Sure. There wasn't a ton of garbage time earlier in his career though, because he was a winner, not a loser.

(And yes, now I am just prodding you because I know you have a little ginger hate-boner for Dalton.)

Burrow looked alright, but at the end of the day he had a 60.8% completion despite only 5.2 YPA. That's pretty inaccurate for a dink-and-dunk day.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Millhouse - 09-18-2020

IF defense didnt suck, and the oline could run block, this team would win a few games. Definitely dont see the run blocking imprving at all, doubtful about the D. But I do pass pro improving somewhat, though still wont be competant enough to protect Joe.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - The Caped Crusader - 09-18-2020

61 pass attempts. Madden stats.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - jfkbengals - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:38 AM)Housh Wrote: It’s of my belief that no one available right now is better than anyone we got or we/another team would have them

THIS is the team we got

There is truth to that, as you might have noticed teams signing Olinemen this week off of other teams' practice squads.  Britt, however, was a very good player who struggled recently due to injury, which is why he is a FA.  Teams were interested in him earlier in the offseason, and he explained that he was not yet healthy, so there were no takers.  It is my understanding that he has was given a clean bill of health in late August, so now would be the time to grab him.  This is especially true since he could technically be signed to the PS to gauge his readiness if necessary.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:39 AM)Joelist Wrote: AJ drops another TD.

Dude grabbed his arm so he had to 1 hand it. No call.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Whatever - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:47 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I know the offensive line is bad and should be the first item to target to fix, but man, the run defense is horrid as well. Hunt and Chubb are solid backs but the Bengals weren't even facing healthy Brown's line.

We're horribly thin at DT.  We"re starting a guy the Broncos were going to cut.  It doesn't help that Deion Sanders was a better tackler than Bates.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well we got us a QB

QFT

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Luck was a top tier talent taken by a team that let him get pummeled and chronically injured behind a terrible o-line.

He missed ota's to graduate. He said like his 2nd year he wasn't wanting to make a long career of football. He was in it for the money injuries gave him a convenient excuse.