Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2020 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2020-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** (/Thread-Week-2-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Browns)

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Stonyhands - 09-18-2020

JC, I can believe how much the announcers are all over Baker’s nuts. Bengals defense will most likely finish last in the NFL. Any QB would look good when RBs get over 200 yards. Ridiculous. Burrow outplayed Baker as a rookie with no run game and no offensive line.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Murdock2420 - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Luck was a top tier talent taken by a team that let him get pummeled and chronically injured behind a terrible o-line.

Deja vue is underway 

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - cincyfan429 - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: We would've had a shot at OT if Boyd didn't drop that TD early.  We would've been in OT last week if the kicker doesn't miss.  

Great we have a moral victory. I think Zac is a terrible coach and his record agrees with me

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Nately120 - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:48 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Why is Ross even taking a spot in the field?

Because Mean Mr. Mustard Marvin isn't here to bench his ass?

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Synric - 09-18-2020

Talk about carrying a football team... and as a rookie.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:48 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: If you had told me before the game that the Bengals would score 30 pts & get over 400 yds (with Burrow going for over 300) from scrimmage, I'd have called it a good guys "W". Especially with the tens of millions spent on the defense in the off-season.
GO STRIPES!!!

Need one of Daniels or Geno to get that pass rush going; Hayseed didn't get rattled all night and I think Dunlap got hurt or something, 'cause I didn't see one snap by him in the second half.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:47 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 2-16. This is Hue Jackson territory.

Indeed. Zac needs to go. Bad hire. Cut our loses and move on.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - bengaloo - 09-18-2020

Burrow showed a ton of heart tonight keeping us from getting blown out. He is amazing.

The defense was embarrassing. The DL looked like practice dummies. They were terrible except on th goal line stand. When a team runs for over 200 yards, it starts up front. Covington, Bledsoe, Brown and #92 were all terrible. Reader made a few plays but he had zero help.

Hart is terrible. Johnson is terrible. The other guys played decent, but not good. Burrow is getting hit way too much and that has got to stop. Mixon has no holes to run through.

AJ has some work to do. Part of it is him and Burrow getting used to each other, but he missed some he shouldnt have tonight. He doesnt look as fast.

Sample is legit. He's living up to his 2nd round so far this year.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-18-2020

Its hard to win on the road on a short week.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - iLLuSi0nz - 09-18-2020

Legit question, did our o line look competent pre start of the season to coaching due to going against our "new and improved" D and succeeding? Is this why it's blowing up in their face when most of us saw it coming 100 miles away?

(09-18-2020, 12:50 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He missed ota's to graduate. He said like his 2nd year he wasn't wanting to make a long career of football. He was in it for the money injuries gave him a convenient excuse.

Ah, well hopefully this crap line doesn't get the love knocked outta Burrow.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - TheLeonardLeap - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Can folks give it just a little bit longer than 2 games to say we've ruined Burrow's career?

No.

2 games are all you need. He's a franchise QB, and the Bengals have ruined his career. Sample size is large enough.

Ninja

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:48 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: If any of these linemen post a PFF grade over 50 I will be absolutely shocked.

Jordan probably the best of the bunch. Fred Johnson the worst.

We should use our #1 pick on that LT from Oregon, sign the best FA lineman available (G, T, or C), and move Jonah to RT or RG.

(09-18-2020, 12:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't like any of these guys, but when was the last time we fired a coach and replaced him with someone better?

Lazor was slighty better than Zampese.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Housh - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:52 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Its hard to win on the road on a short week.

I’m calling BS

They still in Ohio bro

That’s a 2 hour drive

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Millhouse - 09-18-2020

Joe made history tonight

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Joe Burrow was 37-61 with 316 yards and 3 pass TD on Thursday night.<br><br>According to <a href="https://twitter.com/EliasSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@EliasSports</a> Burrow's 37 completions are the most in a game by a rookie in NFL history.<br><br>His 61 pass attempts are the 2nd most all-time by a rookie quarterback. <a href="https://t.co/HAio5K5UM1">pic.twitter.com/HAio5K5UM1</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1306802774718525440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 18, 2020</a></blockquote>

(09-18-2020, 12:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't like any of these guys, but when was the last time we fired a coach and replaced him with someone better?

Also Marvin was far better than Austin.

(09-18-2020, 12:50 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: JC, I can believe how much the announcers are all over Baker’s nuts.  Bengals defense will most likely finish last in the NFL.  Any QB would look good when RBs get over 200 yards.  Ridiculous.  Burrow outplayed Baker as a rookie with no run game and no offensive line.

Announcers are supposed to make what you are watching seem interesting.  Hell, I recall announcers trying to make a big deal out of Ryan Finley last year.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Whatever - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 12:51 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Great we have a moral victory. I think Zac is a terrible coach and his record agrees with me

It's not a moral victory at all.  Point is, he's had these guys in position to make the plays they've needed to win these first two games.  Dropped balls, overthrows, shanked kicks, and awful tackling have killed them.  It doesn't help that they dropped $18 mil on a washed up AJ. 

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Clark W Griswold - 09-18-2020

Don’t be fooled into thinking the pass blocking got better in the 4th quarter. Browns D linemen just ran out of gas after rushing so many times. OL sucks at all types of blocking.

Maybe they should just run hurry up all of the time and try to tire the other team out. Just give up the 9 sacks through 3 quarters and try to keep the score close so Burrow can win it in the last two minutes.