Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates (/Thread-Bynes-Pratt-and-Bates)

Pages: 1 2

Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - J24 - 09-18-2020

In week 1 they were responsible for 12 solo Tackles between them. In week 2 they produced 4 Solo Tackles. Man what happened to them tonight.
Also WTF Bates. This guy looked like a HOF last week and this week he was complete garbage. What's up with that?
I think a short week has something to do with it but man those three guys right there were down Right dreadful.

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 04:07 AM)J24 Wrote: In week 1 they were responsible for 12 solo Tackles between them. In week 2 they produced 4 Solo Tackles. Man what happened to them tonig
Also WTF Bates. This guy looked like a HOF last week and this week he was complete garbage.  What's up with that?
I think a short week has something to do with it but man those three guys right there were down Right dreadful.

Dline was exhausted at end of game. Chubb hardest RB to tackle in NFL. Bates shouldnt be the 1 forced to tackle Chubb in open field

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - Nicomo Cosca - 09-18-2020

Honestly the entire defense was complete trash. Idk how we pay a fortune for supposedly one of the best run stuffers in the league and still get gashed two games in a row.

WJ3 definitely sucked the least.

(09-18-2020, 04:19 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dline was exhausted at end of game. Chubb hardest RB to tackle in NFL. Bates shouldnt be the 1 forced to tackle Chubb in open field

What was their excuse the first half? 0 sacks. 0 pressure. We allowed Mayfield to look like an All Pro. You even slighty pressure him he folds. Just atrocious. Reminded me of that terrible Austin defense from a couple years ago.

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 04:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What was their excuse the first half? 0 sacks. 0 pressure. We allowed Mayfield to look like an All Pro. You even slighty pressure him he folds. Just atrocious. Reminded me of that terrible Austin defense from a couple years ago.

Dunlap was abyssmal no arguments their

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - J24 - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 04:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What was their excuse the first half? 0 sacks. 0 pressure. We allowed Mayfield to look like an All Pro. You even slighty pressure him he folds. Just atrocious. Reminded me of that terrible Austin defense from a couple years ago.

1.) No Geno or Daniels- I mean we were playing 3 PS level players instead of those two. That's a huge difference in talent.
2.) The Bengals defensive Ends didn't contain shit. Hubbard and Dunlap need to play more discipline in containing QBs.

(09-18-2020, 04:35 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) No Geno or Daniels- I mean we were playing 3 PS level players instead of those two. That's a huge difference in talent.
2.) The Bengals defensive Ends didn't contain shit. Hubbard and Dunlap need to play more discipline in containing QBs.

Where was Lawson? Couldn’t even get a hurry or two? This DL is just not that good.

LOL at whoever made the Lawson 20 sacks prediction before the season...

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - Older Than You Too - 09-18-2020

1. The Bengals are inconsistent and always have been. This is the story of their life, regardless of the personnel or decade.

2. It was primetime under the Mike Brown era, we all know what that means.

3. Anarumo is no Zimmer or even Guenther for that matter. Once the latter left, the D has been going downhill ever since.

4. This may be the end of Dunlap's exceptional playing days and without him you're left with the above average, but spotty Hubbard and Lawson on the ends.

5. Bates is above average and rising as well, but still young. Same thing with Pratt for that matter. Bynes is getting older by the week and comes with inconstancy, also see points 1 and 2.

6. Zac Taylor is a terrible HC from what he's shown in leading the Bengals. Someone said "Shula Jr. 2.0" last week, I can't disagree.

7. Bro, we're the Bengals, Murphy may as well be our GM and his way is law. There's no such thing as luck or curses but there is entropy and we're only getting colder and further apart.

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - Sled21 - 09-18-2020

Atkins is on the bench and Dunlap is still preoccupied with dead dope dealers. He looks like he's just going though the motions out there.

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - SHRacerX - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 04:52 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: 1. The Bengals are inconsistent and always have been. This is the story of their life, regardless of the personnel or decade.

2. It was primetime under the Mike Brown era, we all know what that means.

3. Anarumo is no Zimmer or even Guenther for that matter. Once the latter left, the D has been going downhill ever since.

4. This may be the end of Dunlap's exceptional playing days and without him you're left with the above average, but spotty Hubbard and Lawson on the ends.

5. Bates is above average and rising as well, but still young. Same thing with Pratt for that matter. Bynes is getting older by the week and comes with inconstancy, also see points 1 and 2.

6. Zac Taylor is a terrible HC from what he's shown in leading the Bengals. Someone said "Shula Jr. 2.0" last week, I can't disagree.

7. Bro, we're the Bengals, Murphy may as well be our GM and his way is law. There's no such thing as luck or curses but there is entropy and we're only getting colder and further apart.

Not that the other points are not valid (the are) but I chose to focus on #3.  Does anyone think Zimmer would have allowed that effort from his defensive line last night?  He would have been eating his mask.  It is unacceptable to lose based on effort.  I don't care what you are paid.  The effort by his defense was atrocious and I hold Anarumo responsible for that.  

(09-18-2020, 04:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where was Lawson? Couldn’t even get a hurry or two? This DL is just not that good.

Well it's hard to rush the passer when the other team doesn't have to pass.

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - Sled21 - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not that the other points are not valid (the are) but I chose to focus on #3.  Does anyone think Zimmer would have allowed that effort from his defensive line last night?  He would have been eating his mask.  It is unacceptable to lose based on effort.  I don't care what you are paid.  The effort by his defense was atrocious and I hold Anarumo responsible for that.  

Might be time to give Little Zim a call....

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - ochocincos - 09-18-2020

They have no one who gets consistent pressure.
The edge rushers are not good enough without pressure from inside.

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - bengaloo - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 04:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where was Lawson? Couldn’t even get a hurry or two? This DL is just not that good.

I'm pretty much over the Lawson hype. This dude has done nothing but "almost" his entire career. It's time to turn almost into some real stats, and I just dont see it. He' fast and he gets a few pressures for sure, but he is the worst closer I've seen. Totally over the hype on him. We need a real pass rushing DE in a bad way. Lawson aint it.

(09-18-2020, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Atkins is on the bench and Dunlap is still preoccupied with dead dope dealers. He looks like he's just going though the motions out there.

Do what now??

(09-18-2020, 10:52 AM)J24 Wrote: Well it's hard to rush the passer when the other team doesn't have to pass.

Mayfield threw the ball 23 times.

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - Gdale_Bengal - 09-18-2020

We were down 2 of our best D linemen last night. That’s the strength right now and they struggled.

I heard readers name come up a few times but tackling Chubb us a team effort. That’s not all him.

Need to find a pass rush.

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - kalibengal - 09-18-2020

(09-18-2020, 04:35 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) No Geno or Daniels- I mean we were playing 3 PS level players instead of those two. That's a huge difference in talent.

(09-18-2020, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mayfield threw the ball 23 times.

Yes that's not a lot and he did it mostly off play action. 

RE: Bynes, Pratt, and Bates - kalibengal - 09-18-2020

What Defensive Ends? do we have those? I have yet to see Hubbard or Dunlap show up in the 2 games played. We dont invest in DE talent and it shows. We need a Myles Garrett or a Joey Bosa type of player on D..it makes a HUGE difference.
on flip side the RT side of O Line is trash. IM worried Joe Burrow wont make it through the season
my faith in ZT as a coach is waning fast as they ignored the glaring O Line weakness in offseason.