Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Right Guard - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Right Guard (/Thread-Right-Guard)

Pages: 1 2

Right Guard - WhodeyRay - 09-19-2020

So who do we roll out at RG next week? You can't possibly go with Johnson again? I say give Price a shot with the weight gain and fully healthy it can't be worse could it? We also need to see if he has put it together or not. If not we know it is time to wash our hands with him and if he plays well then we have a young guy for the future. Hell, they keep rolling Ross out there for some unknown reason and we know what he brings to the table so why not try Price.

RE: Right Guard - Nicomo Cosca - 09-19-2020

I want to see Adeniji.

RE: Right Guard - SunsetBengal - 09-19-2020

I predict that it will continue to be a rotating cast of backups for the next two games, until Su'a Filo returns to the lineup. Hopefully in the meanwhile, one of the backups can seize the moment, and lay claim to that 1st backup role.

RE: Right Guard - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-19-2020

According to the depth chart on ESPN Shaq Calhoun is the starting right guard for the Cincinnati Bengals. I'm not so sure that's accurate.

RE: Right Guard - hoosierbengal - 09-19-2020

(09-19-2020, 10:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want to see Adeniji.

This! It can’t be any worse and we can see if the hype is real

RE: Right Guard - Clark W Griswold - 09-19-2020

Might as well give Adeniji a shot but it probably won’t make a difference in the line’s performance.

I’m just disappointed that this thread isn’t about deodorant.

RE: Right Guard - WhodeyRay - 09-19-2020

(09-19-2020, 11:38 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Might as well give Adeniji a shot but it probably won’t make a difference in the line’s performance.

I’m just disappointed that this thread isn’t about deodorant.

Deodorant would actually stop the stink.

RE: Right Guard - jfkbengals - 09-19-2020

(09-19-2020, 11:27 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: This! It can’t be any worse and we can see if the hype is real

That's is far from true.

Burrow has a single fumble thus far, and has left each game on his own two feet.

There are FAR worse outcomes that can happen...

RE: Right Guard - Destro - 09-19-2020

[attachment=890]

RE: Right Guard - George Cantstandya - 09-19-2020

(09-19-2020, 11:38 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m just disappointed that this thread isn’t about deodorant.

Yes we could use a new right guard with lasting protection to keep Burrow from sweating the pass rush, the odor of the Steelers and stains like the Browns. 

[Image: SbmRcuA.jpg]

RE: Right Guard - Geno_Can_Dunk - 09-19-2020

Yeah we gotta get Johnson out of there. I figure it'll be Price against the Eagles.

I'd like to see Adeniji phased in at RT. Staying at his college position (tackle, even if he was a LT) will give him a better shot. Get through the year with some at least not-terrible play and finally address OL in the offseason.

RE: Right Guard - lone bengal - 09-19-2020

Let’s just put two lawn chairs at RG and RT and see what happens. But in all seriousness I would like to see Adeniji at either RT or RG.

RE: Right Guard - pally - 09-19-2020

(09-19-2020, 10:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: According to the depth chart on ESPN Shaq Calhoun is the starting right guard for the Cincinnati Bengals.  I'm not so sure that's accurate.

Bengals depth chart has Billy Price followed by Shaq Calhoun and then Fred Johnson

RE: Right Guard - bengalfan74 - 09-19-2020

Me too

RE: Right Guard - Joelist - 09-19-2020

If Adeniji comes in and doesn't blow assignments and block the wrong man then he is an instant major upgrade. In fact at this point I would consider kicking Hart inside to RG and putting Adeniji at RT. Or benching Hart and going Price - Adeniji on the right side.

RE: Right Guard - McC - 09-19-2020

Is he even a G?  Do we really want to switch from one guy who has one game at the position to a guy who has none?

RE: Right Guard - phil413 - 09-19-2020

If Burrow has to guess at where his protection comes from, line up with an extra slot and make them guess which receiver is staying behind the line to "block". I'm joking but so is the FO/staff with this lack of a plan. They're turning out hunches at RG, but hopefully XSF comes back early.

RE: Right Guard - Synric - 09-19-2020

(09-19-2020, 01:39 PM)McC Wrote: Is he even a G?  Do we really want to switch from one guy who has one game at the position to a guy who has none?

He played Guard at the Senior Bowl and was voted as one of the best offensive linemen of the week. We do have to remember is rookie linemen usually struggle. 

RE: Right Guard - ezekiel23 - 09-19-2020

While we’re playing musical chairs,,,why not try Adeniji?? He is a Guard.Play him at RG and play Fred Johnson at RT where he belongs.

RE: Right Guard - GreenCornBengal - 09-19-2020

What if the problem isn’t so much the players but instead the scheme...