Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Eagles game plan - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Eagles game plan (/Thread-Eagles-game-plan)

Pages: 1 2 3

Eagles game plan - SHRacerX - 09-23-2020

Well, after listening to the Locked On Bengals podcast about the Eagles, and their 2nd in the NFL rated pass rush, I am all but certain ZT and his band of pinheads will have long, slow-developing routes and have Burrow throw the ball 70 times because 61 wasn't enough.

What I am hoping happens instead is that you line up with an extra linemen and smash them with Mixon. I don't care if he only nets 3 YPC early, you will set up play-action, protect your QB, and allow for more manageable 3rd downs.

While I am still fantasising about an actual logical game plan, I want to see John Ross on some misdirection screen passes. Make their defense chase and cover every inch of the field.

Lastly, since our defense couldn't stop my daughter on a draw play (she is pretty quick in all fairness), I hope ZT will go for it more on fourth down. FGs won't help you with this defense, and you might sustain longer drives and keep said sieve off the field.

RE: Eagles game plan - CorpusChristiBengal - 09-23-2020

Have you seen the iggles? They look like us last year, I'm actually feeling pretty confident. Their pass rush isn't obviously helping them, considering they lost to the WFT's trash offense. Their OL is way worse than ours and have no playmakers outside of McLaurin, and Haskins might not even be that good, although he isn't given the greatest situation because of that and having a defensive HC.

RE: Eagles game plan - J24 - 09-23-2020

I would attack the Middle of the field with Boyd, Mixon, and Sample on Sunday when we have the ball. The key will be throwing on early downs and getting into third and short.

On defense its going to be important to stop both Ertz and Dallas at Tight End. I would start Wilson and Gaither this game at LB. Also the Edge players have to play discipline on Sunday and keep Wentz into the pocket.

RE: Eagles game plan - BengalChris - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 12:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, after listening to the Locked On Bengals podcast about the Eagles, and their 2nd in the NFL rated pass rush, I am all but certain ZT and his band of pinheads will have long, slow-developing routes and have Burrow throw the ball 70 times because 61 wasn't enough.

What I am hoping happens instead is that you line up with an extra linemen and smash them with Mixon.  I don't care if he only nets 3 YPC early, you will set up play-action, protect your QB, and allow for more manageable 3rd downs.  

While I am still fantasising about an actual logical game plan, I want to see John Ross on some misdirection screen passes.  Make their defense chase and cover every inch of the field.  

Lastly, since our defense couldn't stop my daughter on a draw play (she is pretty quick in all fairness), I hope ZT will go for it more on fourth down.  FGs won't help you with this defense, and you might sustain longer drives and keep said sieve off the field.

I keep hoping that they'll actually run the ball - effectively. But so far they've just not bothered to block well. If the Bengals can start run blocking, everything will change for the offense.

My feeling about John Ross are summed up in this video. We could throw to him, but the boy is going to need to catch the damn thing.

RE: Eagles game plan - uticabengalfan - 09-23-2020

Keep Burrow from leaving in a body bag. Be a good place to start

RE: Eagles game plan - impactplaya - 09-23-2020

I.know its a foriegn concept to Callhan and ZT but opening play I send Ross in motion one direction
Put the ball in Mixons belly pull.it out and hit Ross what we used to call a banana route l. Let him catch with his momentum going foward. Maybe he can make a guy miss and YAC. And Im pulling the RG out to get a lead
Block on the edge.
Ross needs to get to involved early so he doesnt mentally check out of. The game.
I run no huddle scripted 1st 4 5 plays. And I dont settle for FG either. You punch it and give
The defense a actual 7 pt lead which does wonders for the mindset for a struggling unit.

RE: Eagles game plan - lone bengal - 09-23-2020

On defense we need to do everything possible to stop the run. Philadelphia’s line has been awful pass blocking but it won’t matter if we can’t stop the run, because then Wentz can use play action pass. Philadelphia has been bad but bad teams seem to find there cure when they play the Bengals defense. If we can keep it low scoring I like our chances. Stop the run early and don’t let the tight ends beat you. Philadelphia’s receivers aren’t good , Jackson is a shell of himself , Jeffery is hurt and they have a rookie.

I can see DJax doing a stop go route on WJ3 and blowing past him on a 45 yd catch.

RE: Eagles game plan - Sled21 - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 12:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I.know its a foriegn concept to Callhan and ZT but opening play I send Ross in motion one direction
Put the ball in Mixons belly pull.it out  and hit Ross what we used to call a banana route l. Let him catch with his momentum going foward. Maybe he can make a guy miss and YAC. And Im pulling the RG out to get a lead
Block on the edge.
Ross needs to get to involved early so he doesnt mentally check out of. The game.
I run no huddle scripted 1st  4 5 plays. And I dont settle for FG either. You punch it and give
The defense a actual 7 pt lead which does wonders for the mindset for a struggling unit.

Ross doesn't need to be anywhere but on the bench. You can design all the plays you want, he cannot catch the damn ball......

(09-23-2020, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ross doesn't need to be anywhere but on the bench. You can design all the plays you want, he cannot catch the damn ball......

Heres the thing though. Burrow is 1 of 12 on completions throws downfield.so teams are easily giving up.the 
Underneath stuff inside stuff. Burrow needs to ball into the hands of those WRs that can take a 7 yd catch and turn it into a 50'yd gain.
Has Ross dropped the ball. Yes he has. So.has Green and Boyd.
Im.just saying get the ball.early in.his hands so he can get integrated in the flow.
Right now none of the WRs have shown the ability to.get YAC. 
Its disturbing

RE: Eagles game plan - pally - 09-23-2020

Don't count on Geno...still not practicing. Officially "day by day"

RE: Eagles game plan - Gdale_Bengal - 09-23-2020

Literally the only reason why John has a job over the other receivers is his speed. They have to get away from giving him meaningful snaps and give them to other receivers

RE: Eagles game plan - SHRacerX - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 12:07 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Have you seen the iggles? They look like us last year, I'm actually feeling pretty confident. Their pass rush isn't obviously helping them, considering they lost to the WFT's trash offense. Their OL is way worse than ours and have no playmakers outside of McLaurin, and Haskins might not even be that good, although he isn't given the greatest situation because of that and having a defensive HC.

I saw them give up 8 sacks week 1, and none in week 2.  I saw the Bengals suck both weeks.  

(09-23-2020, 12:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I keep hoping that they'll actually run the ball - effectively. But so far they've just not bothered to block well. If the Bengals can start run blocking, everything will change for the offense.

My feeling about John Ross are summed up in this video. We could throw to him, but the boy is going to need to catch the damn thing.

Those are some bad drops.  All 5 of them.  Many were played more than once.  One of those balls bounced before it got to Ross, but that doesn't fit the narrative.  So, 4 bad drops, in two seasons (because he didn't play year 1).  And he had another one week 1.  The guy needs to be targeted on SCREENS and let him use his elusiveness in the open field.  Have you ever realized what happens when he DOES catch the ball?  A TD every 5 receptions.  In both college and pro.  

The guy drives me crazy, too, but not using him is dumber than not running the ball (and that is fricking stupid as hell).  

(09-23-2020, 03:16 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Literally the only reason why John has a job over the other receivers is his speed. They have to get away from giving him meaningful snaps and give them to other receivers

I guess it wouldn't make a difference if you don't target the X receiver.  

(09-23-2020, 04:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Those are some bad drops.  All 5 of them.  Many were played more than once.  One of those balls bounced before it got to Ross, but that doesn't fit the narrative.  So, 4 bad drops, in two seasons (because he didn't play year 1).  And he had another one week 1.  The guy needs to be targeted on SCREENS and let him use his elusiveness in the open field.  Have you ever realized what happens when he DOES catch the ball?  A TD every 5 receptions.  In both college and pro.  

The guy drives me crazy, too, but not using him is dumber than not running the ball (and that is fricking stupid as hell).  

Actually, he did play year 1, he just didn't catch anything in games. He did manage to somehow fumble it with no catches though.

All joking and fun aside, and I am just pulling your chain, I just don't see Ross as the savior for the Bengals. People kept saying Marvin didn't know how to use him and he'll flourish under Taylor. Yet Marvin got more meaningful production out of Ross.

For me, a more realistic solution in the near term is to challenge the manhood of the OL and get them to open some holes for Mixon. If successful, this shortens the game, helps the defense and will create some breathing room for Burrow. It might also open up something for Ross.

(09-23-2020, 05:04 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Actually, he did play year 1, he just didn't catch anything in games. He did manage to somehow fumble it with no catches though.

All joking and fun aside, and I am just pulling your chain, I just don't see Ross as the savior for the Bengals. People kept saying Marvin didn't know how to use him and he'll flourish under Taylor. Yet Marvin got more meaningful production out of Ross.

For me, a more realistic solution in the near term is to challenge the manhood of the OL and get them to open some holes for Mixon. If successful, this shortens the game, helps the defense and will create some breathing room for Burrow. It might also open up something for Ross.

I don't think so???

(09-23-2020, 05:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think so???

Most of those TDs came under Marvin. 7 versus 3.

RE: Eagles game plan - ochocincos - 09-23-2020

The Eagles are not a good team right now.
They have a bad run game (29th in yards) and their passing game isn't great.
I would expect WJ3 on DJax and Phillips on Reagor.
The key will be to prevent/limit Goedert and Ertz in the middle of the field.

While Jason Peters had been a stalwart LT for over a decade, he's arguably their worst starter on OL so far this year.
I would say the Bengals need to look to rush through the left side of their OL between Peters and Pryor (their LG).

The Bengals offense needs to make sure to punch the ball in the end zone when they get close, as the Eagles defense has allowed an average of 32 points a game but doing well at limiting yards (344 ypg allowed).

RE: Eagles game plan - WestCoastBengalsFan - 09-23-2020

I'm just hoping this is an actual game plan. First two games have looked like the same stuff. As much as I don't personally like Bellicheat the guy at least has a specific game plan for every time he plays another team to try and exploit their weaknesses. I don't think Zac learned anything like that from McVay.