Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Fun Little What If - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Fun Little What If (/Thread-Fun-Little-What-If)

Fun Little What If - PhilHos - 09-24-2020

Okay, here's the situation. Something's happened and neither Trump nor Biden are eligible to be president. A special vote is held to determine who will be the replacement candidates. This being 2020 the rules have been changed.

Republicans can only vote for the new Democratic candidate but they can choose who it is but their choices are limited to only those who were a part of any of the Democrat debates that Biden participated in this past election cycle.

Democrats can only vote for the new Republican candidate but they can choose who it is but their choices are limited to only the Republicans in the Senate.

Independents can vote for either the new Republican or Democratic candidate but their choices are limited to only those in the House of Representatives.

So who would get your vote in this scenario?

For me, I'd probably vote for Tulsi Gabbard. I think she was the most centric and levelheaded Democrat and, honestly, if she had somehow won the nomination, I'd consider voting for her over Trump.

RE: Fun Little What If - Big Boss - 09-24-2020

Only Republican I can see the Dems nominating is Mitt Romney maybe?

RE: Fun Little What If - bfine32 - 09-24-2020

Klobachar

RE: Fun Little What If - Nately120 - 09-24-2020

(09-24-2020, 11:25 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Only Republican I can see the Dems nominating is Mitt Romney maybe?

I don't know a whole lot about him (I'm in PA) but John Kasich seems pretty popular with democrats.

RE: Fun Little What If - BmorePat87 - 09-24-2020

Lisa Murkowski has the highest score of any GOP Senator from the Human Rights Campaign with a 55%, which is pathetic. Even then, she didn't support ending conversion therapy or discrimination against the LGBT community in education, housing, credit, or jury selection.

If forced to select, though, I would pick her.

RE: Fun Little What If - BmorePat87 - 09-24-2020

(09-24-2020, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know a whole lot about him (I'm in PA) but John Kasich seems pretty popular with democrats.

He's a former governor, not a senator, so he's out. 

I'd prefer picking from any former Republican governor as I tend to value the executive experience over legislative. Gary Johnson 2020.

RE: Fun Little What If - Goalpost - 09-24-2020

I suppose Gabbard. But if I could pick someone who wasn't in the debates, I'd say Val Demings. Biden should have picked her. She gets points for me being an ex police officer.

RE: Fun Little What If - Nately120 - 09-24-2020

(09-24-2020, 11:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's a former governor, not a senator, so he's out. 

I'd prefer picking from any former Republican governor as I tend to value the executive experience over legislative. Gary Johnson 2020.

Well, I voted for Johnson twice but he doesn't count as a republican anymore, does he?  Anyways, I'm registered LN so voting party line on this one wouldn't be in the spirit of the actual hypothetical.

I'll just write in Jesse Ventura.

RE: Fun Little What If - masonbengals fan - 09-24-2020

I'll go with Thomas Massie. The 3rd rate grandstander from Kentucky. LOL

RE: Fun Little What If - GMDino - 09-24-2020

I thought about voting for McConnell...if he's out of the Senate maybe things will get done and I truly believe he was completely incompetent enough to just quit after a year.

Then I thought about Lindsey Graham just to see who he'd pick for First Lady duties.

But outside of that I'd probably say Marco Rubio.  He's probably not going to do anything of note.

RE: Fun Little What If - BigPapaKain - 09-24-2020

I'd nominate and vote for anyone who can stop the constant screeching I keep hearing from either side on a daily basis for the last 6 years.

RE: Fun Little What If - PhilHos - 09-24-2020

(09-24-2020, 12:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'd nominate and vote for anyone who can stop the constant screeching I keep hearing from either side on a daily basis for the last 6 years.

Sorry, I wanted this hypothetical to have at least SOME portion of it based in reality.  Ninja

RE: Fun Little What If - Yojimbo - 09-24-2020

As an independent selecting from only The House, I’d probably go with Katie Porter. I’m a big fan of facts and whiteboards. Maybe Barbra Lee for her anti-war views.

RE: Fun Little What If - Vas Deferens - 09-24-2020

Good thread starter Guts.

I think I’d go Tim Scott.

RE: Fun Little What If - fredtoast - 09-24-2020

Not in Senate but if forced to vote for a republican I would say Kasich or Jon Huntsman.

RE: Fun Little What If - fredtoast - 09-24-2020

(09-24-2020, 11:37 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I suppose Gabbard.  But if I could pick someone who wasn't in the debates, I'd say Val Demings.  Biden should have picked her.  She gets points for me being an ex police officer.

Demmings would have been my choice for VP also.

RE: Fun Little What If - PhilHos - 09-25-2020

(09-24-2020, 01:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Good thread starter Guts.

LOL

RE: Fun Little What If - BengalHawk62 - 09-25-2020

I’ll write in Joe Rogan.

RE: Fun Little What If - PhilHos - 09-25-2020

(09-25-2020, 12:31 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’ll write in Joe Rogan.

Oooooooooh, I'd vote for him.