Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Texans fire Bill O'Brian - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Around the NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Around-the-NFL)
+--- Thread: Texans fire Bill O'Brian (/Thread-Texans-fire-Bill-O-Brian)

Texans fire Bill O'Brian - pally - 10-05-2020

Future Bengals opponent, the Houston Texans were the first team to fire their head coach (and GM) this season. After 6 seasons Bill O'Brian was fired today.

RE: Texans fire Bill O'Brian - McC - 10-05-2020

(10-05-2020, 06:06 PM)pally Wrote: Future Bengals opponent, the Houston Texans were the first team to fire their head coach (and GM) this season.  After 6 seasons Bill O'Brian was fired today.

Let me channel your average Texans fan...It's about ***** time!!!

RE: Texans fire Bill O'Brian - CJD - 10-05-2020

If they had this little faith in him, why in the world did they allow him to trade away their franchise WR?

RE: Texans fire Bill O'Brian - Bengalholic - 10-05-2020

Who's their interim GM?

RE: Texans fire Bill O'Brian - jfkbengals - 10-05-2020

(10-05-2020, 06:49 PM)McC Wrote: Who's their interim GM?

They kept him, although I think his title is VP instead of GM

(10-05-2020, 09:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They kept him, although I think his title is VP instead of GM

So he keeps the one job but loses the other?   The GM part of him was even worse than the coach part of him.

RE: Texans fire Bill O'Brian - jfkbengals - 10-05-2020

(10-05-2020, 09:26 PM)McC Wrote: So he keeps the one job but loses the other?   The GM part of him was even worse than the coach part of him.

Not O'Brien.  He brought in a handpicked guy to be his GM, but that wasn't the title.  I believe it was VP of Football Operations, or something similar.  Nonetheless, he is still employed for now.

RE: Texans fire Bill O'Brian - George Cantstandya - 10-05-2020

(10-05-2020, 09:26 PM)McC Wrote: So he keeps the one job but loses the other?   The GM part of him was even worse than the coach part of him.

O’Brien was the coach and GM he got fired from both.  They so far have kept Jack Easterby executive V.P. of football operations.

(10-05-2020, 09:29 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: O’Brien was the coach and GM he got fired from both.  They so far have kept Jack Easterby executive V.P. of football operations.

Ah...Gotcha.  Thanks.  That's the problem with having both jobs.  You got no one to blame it on.

(10-05-2020, 09:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not O'Brien.  He brought in a handpicked guy to be his GM, but that wasn't the title.  I believe it was VP of Football Operations, or something similar.  Nonetheless, he is still employed for now.

The Hopkins trade alone should have gotten everybody involved fired on the spot.  To quote the phrase I practically wore out raising kids--You did what?!

RE: Texans fire Bill O'Brian - Bengal Dude - 10-06-2020

Somehow he'll either return to the Pats or join Saban at Alabama.

RE: Texans fire Bill O'Brian - CorpusChristiBengal - 10-08-2020

(10-06-2020, 01:18 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Somehow he'll either return to the Pats or join Saban at Alabama.

Word on the street is he's probably going to a service academy or some NE university.