Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2020 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2020-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** (/Thread-Week-7-GameDay-Thread-Browns-Bengals--25420)

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Tony - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sorry, no game is "fantastic" or anything above a disaster when the Bengals lose. No moral victories.

The only victory is if we see Lou get fired.. This has to be it..

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-25-2020

The offensive line made up of Johnson, Jordan, Price, Redmond, and Adeniji did better than the starting personnel.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 10-25-2020

We should look back and ran that 4th and inches for first down, run out clock and score TD. It's hard to say because every other team would take TD over that play, but we knew defense was going to do this. we KNEW it! It still somehow surprises us.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Bengalholic - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Williams, Phillips, Atkins, and Williams were ALL in there on the last drive. They did NOTHING. All that shit talk, and nothing with the game on the line.

Just sad. I don't want to hear Zac's stupid excuses after the game, and don't want to hear Dunlap's b-tching anymore. Send them both packing, along with Lou.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:32 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I think you missed the sarcasm. Think he was referencing Hunt playing over Geno.

Hunt made some decent plays today.

But zero pass rush. Dunlap & Geno should be playing more.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Cicero - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, even for us, that was a spectacular collapse.

I was leaning towards FG, then lose in OT.

Coin toss decides the game then. Burrow was on fire and our "defense" was non existent. At least we would have had a 50/50 chance there.  

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - WhodeyRay - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The offensive line made up of Johnson, Jordan, Price, Redmond, and Adeniji did better than the starting personnel.

they did look pretty damn good!

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:35 PM)Cicero Wrote: Coin toss decides the game then. Burrow was on fire and our "defense" was non existent. At least we would have had a 50/50 chance there.  

That could be all it is. If we don't have ball at end of game, it's a loss for sure.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:34 PM)Tony Wrote: The only victory is if we see Lou get fired.. This has to be it..

This was our shot to win a division game.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:35 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: they did look pretty damn good!

I wouldn’t go that far. They were still below average.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Whatever - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just sad. I don't want to hear Zac's stupid excuses after the game, and don't want to hear Dunlap's b-tching anymore. Send them both packing, along with Lou.

Hard to blame Zac for this one.  Not much more he could have done.  

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Cicero - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That could be all it is. If we don't have ball at end of game, it's a loss for sure.

Yep. I wonder what kind of salary Wade Phillips would want. 

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Tony - 10-25-2020

I knew they scores too fast. This team should be 4-3 at worst...

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - rfaulk34 - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:18 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude he’s been bad all year

Sims has been an embarrassment

Phillips minus that pick hasn’t made a play in coverage all year and his only good play happened because Baker threw a dumbass pass short

He was right on the receiver on the last 2 passes! They were both ridiculous catches. WTF?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Minimal effort like when he spun out of a tackle and ran for a 1st down at a pivotal moment in the game?

One play. And I gave him props for it. He’s just not doing the things he used to do though (high point balls, actually get separation, etc).

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - iowahwky4cincy - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:30 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Our Quarterback plays his heart out, behind this horrific offensive line, week in and week out only to be a part of this bullshit defensive scheme.  I'm glad Dunlop is calling out Lou and his depth chart.

Have to believe that, going forward, the o-line should be Johnson (LT), Jordan or Hakeem (LG), Price ©, Hopkins (RG), and Williams (RT). It won't be the worst line in the league anymore. 

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I agree. And with LA it was literally Burrow's first game haha. Our offense is playing well, it's just our defense, especially in the last two minutes of each half. I bet we're breaking records in points allowed to close out the half. 

It would not be shocking. They're awful, especially on crucial series or drives.

As for the o, we're seeing more Sample, Joe's getting the ball out quicker, AJ starting to show some serious life, Gio had a nice game today, line playing a tad better, Higgins emerging. The offense has actually looked dare I say.... exciting. 

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - TheLeonardLeap - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hard to blame Zac for this one.  Not much more he could have done.  

Choose a better DC.
Get better in the Red Zone.
Stop losing.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Whatever - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:34 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Hunt made some decent plays today.

But zero pass rush. Dunlap & Geno should be playing more.

All either of them did today was Carlos taking a neutral zone infraction to bail the Browns out on 3rd down.  Geno is still hurt, but still.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Bengalitis - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 05:37 PM)Tony Wrote: I knew they scores too fast.  This team should be 4-3 at worst...

Nah.. this team is where it is....for a reason.

The talent to win is there, the coaching is not.