Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow - Wow - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow - Wow (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-Wow)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Joe Burrow - Wow - Wire22Wire - 10-25-2020

Start 7 of his career.

35 of 47

406 Yards passing, 36 Yards rushing

4 Total Tds

75% Completion

112 Rating

84 QBR

We need to draft defense in the first 3 rounds, and buy 2 high end OL in FA

He is the best QB the franchise has ever had, and it is not even close.

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - RunKijanaRun - 10-25-2020

There are so many positions on this team that blow. But you have to protect Joe first and foremost.

OL, OL, OL then LB/DL/CB

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - samhain - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:18 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: 35 of 47

406 Yards passing, 36 Yards  rushing

4 Total Tds

75% Completion

112 Rating

84 QBR

Yeah.  He's the guy, zero doubt.  

I'm generally not fun to be around after losses like the one we saw today.  When my wife commented that I seemed calm considering what we just watched and asked why, I said "Because we have that guy.".  

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - ElkValleyBengal - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:18 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: 35 of 47

406 Yards passing, 36 Yards  rushing

4 Total Tds

75% Completion

112 Rating

84 QBR

Might want to pump the brakes there.  I hope you're right, but way too soon to even think that way.  

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - Wire22Wire - 10-25-2020

He has put them in a position to win against the Chargers, Eagles, Jags, Colts and Browns (2nd game)

And they are 1-3-1 in these games

It's not going to get better until they gut the coaching staff and bring in NFl ready talent again next year

They will have to overpay, but thats what happens when you're a joke franchise

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:22 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote:    

Might want to pump the brakes there.  I hope you're right, but way too soon to even think that way.  

Sorry, I know everyone loves Ken (and rightfully-so) and yes the game has become signinificantly-more passing-based, but Burrow is just doing things that Ken never could do, either conceptually or athletically.

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - Nicomo Cosca - 10-25-2020

Hyperbolic statements aside, the kid is indeed a stud. Every bit as good as advertised. The “one year wonder” crowd didn’t have to wait very long be proven wrong.

Put even an average OL in front of him, draft some pass rushers, and give him some better coaches, he’ll win us a ton of games.

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - Bengalstripes9 - 10-25-2020

It's painfully obvious we need pass rush help. It's also painfully obvious we need help on the oline. Would be nice to add some depth at corner too.

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - jfkbengals - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, I know everyone loves Ken (and rightfully-so) and yes the game has become signinificantly-more passing-based, but Burrow is just doing things that Ken never could do, either conceptually or athletically.

Ken?

Greg was the man...

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ken?

Greg was the man...

He never had a chance though; 1 season and that's it.

Ken has actually proven his worth.

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - GreenCornBengal - 10-25-2020

That run on 3rd late in the game. Nutzzz

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - QueenCity - 10-25-2020

Penei Sewell is our reincarnation of Anthony Munoz.... trade whatever you can to get down for this pick.

I promise you Burrow won't be touched for the next decade

(10-25-2020, 08:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He never had a chance though; 1 season and that's it.

Ken has actually proven his worth.

Bill Walsh coached Young, Montana, Anderson, Cook, and others.

All the way to his death, he stated that Cook was the best of them all.

(10-25-2020, 08:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Penei Sewell is our reincarnation of Anthony Munoz.... trade whatever you can to get down for this pick.

I promise you Burrow won't be touched for the next decade

At this rate we won't need to make a trade.

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - bengalfan74 - 10-25-2020

Joe is the real deal for sure. We need a lot of help in the trenches there no doubt. And IMHO that should be their focus this offseason. Both thru draft and free agency. If we can get a decent pass rush a lot of the secondary problems will go away.

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - QueenCity - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: At this rate we won't need to make a trade.

We will dead bounce a couple wins at the end of the year. I think we likely end up in the 6-10 range.

Washington, Giants, Dolphins ,Cowboys, and Texans are all winnable games left. We win 2 of those at least

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - ElkValleyBengal - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, I know everyone loves Ken (and rightfully-so) and yes the game has become signinificantly-more passing-based, but Burrow is just doing things that Ken never could do, either conceptually or athletically.

Athletically, you're wrong.  Anderson was plenty athletic.  But you have to consider that if Anderson or any of the QBs of the past were playing today they'd be even more so, since there truly is no offseason anymore for players.  Conceptually, Anderson was mentored by Brown and Walsh.  I think he could hold his own with anyone today.

And Boomer was better than either physically. Someone mentioned Cook, who may have been the best of all.

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - TecmoBengals - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There are so many positions on this team that blow. But you have to protect Joe first and foremost.

OL, OL, OL then LB/DL/CB

I'm with you. This rebuild is daunting because there are man needs, but start with the OL.

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hyperbolic statements aside, the kid is indeed a stud. Every bit as good as advertised. The “one year wonder” crowd didn’t have to wait very long be proven wrong.

Put even an average OL in front of him, draft some pass rushers, and give him some better coaches, he’ll win us a ton of games.

Do you seriously think the coaches and Front Office will do any of these things?

RE: Joe Burrow - Wow - schroomytunes - 10-25-2020

He's off to a great start no doubt, and yes we need to upgrade the o-line, but I also think that the D-line needs some help too!! I think the offensive future looks good for us, defense is cloudy for 2021:

TE- Sample- starting to emerge
LT- Williams- basically a rookie
WR- Boyd- Pro Bowl
WR- Higgins- Solid #2 already
QB- Burrow- Solid QB, future pro bowler
RB- Mixon- Pro Bowler
C- Hopkins- Servicable

-I See us definitely having to upgrade:

LG, RG,RT

WR- need to draft Greens replacement 3/4 rd guy

Defense:

RE- Hubbard- steady lunch pail guy
NT- Reader- solid
CB- Waynes- solid if healthy
SS- Bell- serviceable
FS- Bates- cusp of pro bowl
LB- Wilson- starting to emerge
LB- Pratt- servicable

-I see us again having to upgrade some areas of concern

DE- someone has to be able to rush the QB (draft)
DT- Atkins is old, need to draft replacement (draft)
CB- 3 free agents need to replaced ( FA, draft)
Slot Cb- I'd bring back Alexander. (FA)

So for me, reading into the future I would obviously try to trade Dunlop, Price, Ross, w/o a doubt. My draft would maybe look like this in priority needs:

1) DE
2) OG/OT
3) DT
4) OG/OT
5) CB
6) WR
7) TE/ CB