Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The play that hasn't been talked about... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The play that hasn't been talked about... (/Thread-The-play-that-hasn-t-been-talked-about)

Pages: 1 2

The play that hasn't been talked about... - jfkbengals - 10-25-2020

... when Joe fumbled and Cleveland recovered.

It was clear on the replay that Tyler Boyd signaled time out, but no one blew the whistle.

Meanwhile, Cleveland went on to score on their possession.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 09:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: ... when Joe fumbled and Cleveland recovered.

It was clear on the replay that Tyler Boyd signaled time out, but no one blew the whistle.

Or when Dunlap was called for the bs NZI (Which I know you caught).
Or when Billy Price, "Over-powered," (to quote Hochuli) his man when he threw him to the ground and he was called for holding (I see this almost weekly against us and it has NEVER been called).
Or the phantom block in the back called on Higgins, when he wasn't even blocking the guy.

Ton of BS today.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - J24 - 10-25-2020

The Bengals interception in the Redzone and Fumble was a 10 point swing. That is how you lose close games in the NFL.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - Rubekahn29 - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 10:36 PM)J24 Wrote: The Bengals interception in the Redzone and Fumble was a 10 point swing. That is how you lose close games in the NFL.

Or when your defense is just so God awful my grandma could pick them apart, and she's no longer on this earth. 

(10-25-2020, 10:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Or when your defense is just so God awful my grandma could pick them apart, and she's no longer on this earth. 

Yeah that doesn't help either

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - GreenCornBengal - 10-25-2020

Joe has still made a few rookie mistakes. As he cleans those up he is going to be really really good. Did Huber even punt today???

(10-25-2020, 11:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Joe has still made a few rookie mistakes. As he cleans those up he is going to be really really good. Did Huber even punt today???

No we didn't infact it's the first loss by a team in the Superbowl era that had at least 33 points with zero Punts. Others were 55-0. We also tied the franchise record for most Redzone appearances.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - rfaulk34 - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 11:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Joe has still made a few rookie mistakes. As he cleans those up he is going to be really really good. Did Huber even punt today???

No.

Saw a tweet where teams that score at least 33 points and didn't punt, were 55-0 in the Super Bowl era. 

Now it's 55-1

Just another in a long line of records broken in futility. Except for one guy who keeps setting good records. One.Guy.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - WhodeyRay - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 10:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Or when your defense is just so God awful my grandma could pick them apart, and she's no longer on this earth. 

Sign her up. We have signed worse. God rest her soul.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - SHRacerX - 10-26-2020

(10-25-2020, 10:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Or when Dunlap was called for the bs NZI (Which I know you caught).
Or when Billy Price, "Over-powered," (to quote Hochuli) his man when he threw him to the ground and he was called for holding (I see this almost weekly against us and it has NEVER been called).
Or the phantom block in the back called on Higgins, when he wasn't even blocking the guy.

Ton of BS today.

The officiating is BS everyday for teams like the Bengals.  

I laughed so hard at that play by Price.  He looked like he just gently tugged him and the guy looked like it was a body slam.  It was BS of course, and they don't call Lawson getting doggy-styled on numerous plays, because it is all a matter of narrative, not fair game.  

The block in the back on Higgins pissed me off, though.  That was such a huge play and Higgins must have used "the force" because he didn't even touch him.  Good to know the force is strong with the new kid.  

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - SunsetBengal - 10-26-2020

(10-25-2020, 10:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Or when Dunlap was called for the bs NZI (Which I know you caught).

Ton of BS today.

What's ironic is that when I watch and see those calls, I'm outraged.  Then I think for a moment and rationalize that "hey, we're the Bengals, and those are just the calls we learn to live with".  Sad

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - Wire22Wire - 10-26-2020

I have noticed all of you clown on Baker/Browns and act like they are a joke

Baker vs Cincy

5 wins 1 loss

18 Total Tds. 111 career passer Rating vs Cincy

If the browns are such a bad franchise, why are they and their 'joke' quarterback dominating us poor bungles? What does that say about our franchise???

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - sloSTI - 10-26-2020

Wasn't there a guy for Cincinnati right there around mayfield on the last drive, but didn't finish the sack? That's a play that would have ended the game, if I remember right

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - CJD - 10-26-2020

I noticed it too. I think the rule in the NFL is that if the ball is snapped right at the timeout signal, the timeout doesn't count.

I imagine this was done because of icing situations where a player could "call a timeout" right before the ball is snapped and then decide if they actually called a time out based on how the play occurred (or didn't occur).

It's a shame that it happened, but I think allowing time out to be called right before a snap no matter the circumstance would cause problems for the aforementioned reason.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - Cicero - 10-26-2020

There were a ton of bad calls that went mostly against us. The way to overcome that is to give yourself some margin for error. We don't have the defensive scheme to allow for that. If we don't score on every drive we lose. Lost in this is that we have a very outstanding offense beginning to emerge. Just a modicum of good defensive play and this team has 3-4 wins right now. It's really frustrating to watch.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - higgy100 - 10-26-2020

(10-25-2020, 09:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: ... when Joe fumbled and Cleveland recovered.

But did an official see it? It was a last-second TO call or motion but an official has to see it or hear it.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 10-27-2020

Biggest plays:

1. Burrow goal line INT/ZT soft call.
2. Strip sack of Burrow.
3. Browns drop INT
4. ADG fails to tackle Mayfield on blitz late.

Seriously, is it me, or does or D miss more sack chances than any team in the league? We never get there, and when we do, we miss the tackle.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - Earendil - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 02:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Biggest plays:

1. Burrow goal line INT/ZT soft call.
2. Strip sack of Burrow.
3. Browns drop INT
4. ADG fails to tackle Mayfield on blitz late.

Seriously, is it me, or does or D miss more sack chances than any team in the league? We never get there, and when we do, we miss the tackle.

I think QBs these days are better at getting away from people than they used to be.

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - Essex Johnson - 10-27-2020

We held them I believe to a FG... Burrow had a great game after two miscues but they did add up to anywhere from 6 to 10 point swing which had a impact on the game.. 

RE: The play that hasn't been talked about... - Dean_Gilberry95 - 10-27-2020

Lawson lining up in neutral zone on 3rd and short. I think they scored that drive would’ve punted.

This is a reach but when they burned their last time out. They Still gave up the TD and could’ve saved it. After Gio’s return they could’ve had 11 seconds and a timeout to tie.

Doesn’t matter, by the time they fix the D they won’t have any WRs. When they fix that, something else will fall apart. They can never piece together a winning team. Been this way for the 30 years I’ve wasted following this team.