Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings (/Thread-What-exactly-is-Joe-Biden-supposed-to-have-done-wrong-in-business-dealings)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - fredtoast - 10-29-2020

Everyone on the right seems to be losing their mind over Joe Biden getting away with something, but I can't figure out what they are talking about.

I know there is nothing to the Ukraine story because when Biden forced Shokin out of his job that was just official US policy working in conjunction with The World Bank and most of the European Union. everyone giving any aid to the Ukrain wanted him removed from his position, so it had nothing to do with Hunter Biden and Buresma.

Then there is an alleged deal to make money in China in 2017 after Biden was no longer vice-president. But again I don't know what he was supposed to have done that was wrong or illegal. Lots of people do business with China. even president Trump's business has investments in China.

So what exactly is Joe Biden supposed to be hiding? What did he do wrong?

I asked this same question in the "Laptop" thread, but never got an answer. Please don't get this one locked before someone can answer my question.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - bfine32 - 10-29-2020

We don't know. Seems there's a movement to not share the data or dismiss it as fake.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - fredtoast - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We don't know. Seems there's a movement to not share the data or dismiss it as fake.

So FoxNews and Tony B are refusing to tell us what he did wrong?

That does not make any sense.  They are the ones pushing the story the hardest.  Seems they could at least tell us what he did wrong.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - bfine32 - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So FoxNews and Tony B are refusing to tell us what he did wrong?

That does not make any sense.  They are the ones pushing the story the hardest.  Seems they could at least tell us what he did wrong.

So by "pushing hardest" you mean pushing at all.

But as for me: I'd bet that Joe used his name and influence to get his son on the Beresma Board among other foreign business dealings. I'd just like to know to what degree, if he's getting ready to assume the most powerful job in the free world.

I don't believe him when he says "I know nothing..." But that could be just because I'm a blind Conservative.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - Belsnickel - 10-29-2020

According to Republican-led Senate investigations into the Burisma thing: nothing.

According to the actual news on the topic where that one guy even admitted that Joe wasn't in on the business dealing: nothing.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - fredtoast - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But as for me: I'd bet that Joe used his name and influence to get his son on the Beresma Board among other foreign business dealings.

I don't believe him when he says "I know nothing..." But that could be just because I'm a blind Conservative.

Bingo.

CNN is doing wrong by not running stories on what conservatives choose to believe in their heads.

So far, despite all the squealing from the right I have yet to see any claim that Joe Biden did anything wrong.  Yet they are saying the "mainstream media" is destroying the future of our country by not reporting on what they believe in their conservative heads.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So by "pushing hardest" you mean pushing at all.

But as for me: I'd bet that Joe used his name and influence to get his son on the Beresma Board among other foreign business dealings. I'd just like to know to what degree, if he's getting ready to assume the most powerful job in the free world.

Ah, nepotism.

Since daddy got Donald, Donald, Jr., Eric, Ivanka, and Jared their jobs, why is nepotism suddenly a big deal?

If Hunter Biden is the reprobate you say he is and his daddy got him a lucrative job overseas, sounds like his daddy is an incredible businessman who understands the art of the deal so to speak. Sounds like the kinda deal maker who could win an easily winnable trade war with China or make Mexico pay for a wall.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - BigPapaKain - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But as for me: I'd bet that Joe used his name and influence to get his son on the Beresma Board among other foreign business dealings. I'd just like to know to what degree, if he's getting ready to assume the most powerful job in the free world.

Isn't it rather difficult bashing nepotism when the president has his son, daughter, and son in law working for him in the highest office of the land?

Or is this one of those 'it's only bad if the other side does it' deals we see in politics so often?

(10-29-2020, 03:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Ah, nepotism.

Since daddy got Donald, Donald, Jr., Eric, Ivanka, and Jared their jobs, why is nepotism suddenly a big deal?

If Hunter Biden is the reprobate you say he is and his daddy got him a lucrative job overseas, sounds like his daddy is an incredible businessman who understands the art of the deal so to speak. Sounds like the kinda deal maker who could win an easily winnable trade war with China or make Mexico pay for a wall.

(10-29-2020, 03:27 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Isn't it rather difficult bashing nepotism when the president has his son, daughter, and son in law working for him in the highest office of the land?

Or is this one of those 'it's only bad if the other side does it' deals we see in politics so often?

I usually don't do this sort of thing, but since the other thread got locked lets step away from just attacking the hypocrisy of the right on this issue..

Instead I really want to see what they claim Biden has done wrong.

I saw the Carlson/Tony B interview where Tuck's jaw dropped in amazement when Tony B claimed Jim Biden (Joe's brother) used the term "plausible denial" but I just could not figure out why they never said what he was supposed to be denying.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - michaelsean - 10-29-2020

I guess it would be that if he did have business dealings he lied about it, and then the question would be why lie? That's just off the top of my head because I really haven't cared enough to pay that much attention, but I think he did deny it.

Maybe we can go back to electing younger people who have have adult children.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 03:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess it would be that if he did have business dealings he lied about it, and then the question would be why lie? That's just off the top of my head because I really haven't cared enough to pay that much attention, but I think he did deny it.

Maybe we can go back to electing younger people who have have adult children.

Maybe we’ll find out Biden has a secret bank account in China and paid more in income taxes to China than to the US?

How embarrassing would that be?

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - Mickeypoo - 10-29-2020

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ups-confirms-mystery-tucker-carlson-package-disappeared-in-its-system

It appears Tucker was not lying about the package he sent.  What is really in it, who knows?

I only post this because of all the people, not necessarily here, saying he lied and it was all fake and he never sent a package.

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - Mickeypoo - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 03:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Maybe we’ll find out Biden has a secret bank account in China and paid more in income taxes to China than to the US?

How embarrassing would that be?

Can you please help me understand why paying more taxes in China than in the USA is a problem unless something was done illegally?

(10-29-2020, 03:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess it would be that if he did have business dealings he lied about it, and then the question would be why lie?  That's just off the top of my head because I really haven't cared enough to pay that much attention, but I think he did deny it.

No one wants to say "My son could not accomplish anything without my help."

When talking about how rich people have it easier than poor and middle class I always make a big point of the fact that MANY people get jobs based on who they know.  Some of the best, hardest-working attorneys I know got their foot in the door based on family connections.  Yet none of them will admit that they had any benefit.  Instead they see themselves as nothing but the product of their own hard work.  I don't begrudge them any of the success they have earned through hard work, but I still think they should admit that they started the race ahead of a lot of other hard working attorneys that just did not come from wealth. 

Or maybe Hunter Biden has been involved in some shady deals and Joe wants to make it clear he was not involved in any of that stuff.  But I have not yet seen any proof that either Joe or Hunter did anything wrong.  And even if Hunter was shady that does not mean Joe was involved.  

So I still don't see what the big deal is.  Tony B seemed to be saying that the deals HE WAS INVOLVED WITH were some how crooked or illegal.  So why isn't Tucker throwing him under the bus.

(10-29-2020, 04:04 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Can you please help me understand why paying more taxes in China than in the USA is a problem unless something was done illegally?

It just flies in the face of "America First".

Why would Trump even do business in China if he was all about "America First".  shouldn't he be investing all his money in the United States if he really believes in "America First".

Trump even threatened huge tariffs on any US company that created jobs overseas at the exact same time that his company was investing money to create jobs in China.

His payment of more taxes in China is evidence that he is nothing but a bullshitting hypocrite who criticizes other people for doing exactly what he is doing.

Understand now?

RE: What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings - Big Boss - 10-29-2020

I thought conservatives were all about having lower taxes. Lord knows my family complains about them enough.

But we're all totally fine with Trump only paying $750.00? Really?? Further still, we're OK with him contributing more money to a foreign government that he's supposed to be "tough" on?

(10-29-2020, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It just flies in the face of "America First".

Why would Trump even do business in China if he was all about "America First".  shouldn't he be investing all his money in the United States if he really believes in "America First".

Trump even threatened huge tariffs on any US company that created jobs overseas at the exact same time that his company was investing money to create jobs in China.

His payment of more taxes in China is evidence that he is nothing but a bullshitting hypocrite who criticizes other people for doing exactly what he is doing.

Understand now?

I guess it depends on the business.  Is it a hotel?  Or golf course?  Owning a hotel or golf course in China is not taking away American jobs.  If he owned a factory in China that produces his products that are then sold in the USA I could see your point.  I don't know what businesses or types of businesses he owns in China.

(10-29-2020, 04:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I thought conservatives were all about having lower taxes.  Lord knows my family complains about them enough.

But we're all totally fine with Trump only paying $750.00?  Really??  Further still, we're OK with him contributing more money to a foreign government that he's supposed to be "tough" on?

I am fine with anyone from poor to ultra rich paying the least amount of taxes allowed by law.

People need to be complaining about the tax laws and stop complaining about what the rich pay in taxes as long as it's all legal.

People are also allowed to own businesses in foreign countries and they also have to follow those countries tax laws.

(10-29-2020, 04:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I guess it depends on the business.

No it doesn't.

We need to keep investments in America to create jobs in America.  There are lots of places he could build hotels or resorts to create jobs here in America.  And if not then he should invest his money in something other than hotels or resorts if he really cares about AMERICA FIRST.

(10-29-2020, 04:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am fine with anyone from poor to ultra rich paying the least amount of taxes allowed by law.

How can you "be fine" with this but be opposed to American companies moving all their production and jobs over seas to take advantage of lower wages.

Both are legal.  So does that mean you are fine with both?