Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics (/Thread-Election-Challenges-Protests-Conspiracy-Theories-and-Moral-Panics)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Au165 - 12-23-2020

Next round of Pardons include a couple more convicted Trump campaign members in Manafort and stone along with Kushner’s dad. Yep, sure drained that swamp lol. Fun fact, of the 65 pardons granted so far 60 have personal connections or were tied to his campaign somehow.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - GMDino - 12-23-2020

(12-23-2020, 09:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Next round of Pardons include a couple more convicted Trump campaign members in Manafort and stone along with Kushner’s dad. Yep, sure drained that swamp lol. Fun fact, of the 65 pardons granted so far 60 have personal connections or were tied to his campaign somehow.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Big Boss - 12-24-2020

Not a cult.

[Image: qc9v0v7112761.png]

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - BmorePat87 - 12-24-2020

(12-24-2020, 10:51 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Not a cult.

[Image: qc9v0v7112761.png]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12718936]

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - BengalHawk62 - 12-24-2020

Breaking News:

Trump to pardon Hans Gruber.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - BmorePat87 - 12-28-2020

After spending a tough 7 weeks not doing his job and complaining about losing, Trump golfed 3 times this weekend, allowing unemployment benefits to lapse for Americans struggling. He did not reach out to the mayor of Nashville after the RV explosion. Must have conflicted with his tee time.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - GMDino - 12-29-2020

I do love my friends on FB but I also do worry about their ability to tell reality from fantasy.

One shared this.  

[Image: 133976744_10220987098581006_787076773802...e=6010C56C]

Someone asked the original poster which newspaper.  He replied "A European one".

I give up... 

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - BmorePat87 - 12-29-2020

(12-29-2020, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: I do love my friends on FB but I also do worry about their ability to tell reality from fantasy.

One shared this.  

[Image: 133976744_10220987098581006_787076773802...e=6010C56C]

Someone asked the original poster which newspaper.  He replied "A European one".

I give up... 

We live in a world with deep fake technology but all it takes is an incredibly pixelated, poorly photoshopped image to trick people lol

We’re ******

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - GMDino - 12-30-2020

Nothing says "don't mess with Texas" like whining like a baby and lying when you get called out.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/john-fetterman-dan-patrick-voter-fraud-bounty-225701481.html

Quote:Mon, December 28, 2020, 5:57 PM EST·3 min read

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, a Democrat, has an ongoing demand for his Republican counterpart in Texas: Where’s my money?

Last month, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick offered a $1 million to “incentivize, encourage and reward” people for reports of voter fraud in Texas.

Although President Donald Trump triumphed in Texas in the November election, Patrick’s offer apparently aimed to buttress baseless and false claims by Trump and his allies of mass voter fraud in other key states that Democrat Joe Biden carried in winning the White House.

In one of those states ― Pennsylvania ― a high-profile case emerged in which a man admitted to illegally casting a ballot for Trump in the name of his dead mother. The suspect also registered his dead mother-in-law to vote, with the intention of casting another ballot for the president. A similar case surfaced in the state in which a man sought to vote for Trump through his deceased mom.

Fetterman has been pressing his assertion that these cases should qualify him for Patrick’s jackpot. He’s been trolling Patrick on Twitter asking for the loot, saying he would donate it to food banks in his state.
He really threw out all of the stops on Monday, going after Patrick in a bitter Twitter thread that included lots of “Family Guy” references.

Fetterman told The Houston Chronicle his trolling campaign against Patrick is partly meant to discredit the unfounded contentions that the election was rigged, claims that court after court across the nation have rejected.
He also admitted that he has been amused by the Pennsylvania voter fraud cases that involved Trump supporters.

“While it’s undoubtedly and undeniably hilarious these cases involved Trump voters and their dead mothers, it’s irrelevant because it documents how truly rare voter fraud is and how impossible it is to truly pull it off,” Fetterman told the newspaper.

HuffPost reached out to Patrick’s office for a comment about the reward money, but no one immediately responded.

A Patrick spokesperson did get back to MSNBC.com.

“It is not clear why Lt. Gov. Fetterman continues on this topic since Democrats don’t believe in voter fraud — unless it’s the Russians,” the spokesperson told the outlet. The latter part of the comment apparently refers to documented interference by the Russians in the 2016 election that plagued Trump during much of his term.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Au165 - 12-30-2020

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - BmorePat87 - 12-30-2020

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - GMDino - 12-30-2020

What do you guys think about just doing internet popularity polls instead of the way we vote now?

Trump might win then...right?

[Image: EqfR-u0XMAErpg9?format=jpg&name=large]

Of course then Obama would have been President the last four years too.  

Honestly now that he's lost and can't help them I get why his supporters around here have been so quiet.  Much harder to defend "just words" when the words are like this.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 01:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly now that he's lost and can't help them I get why his supporters around here have been so quiet.  Much harder to defend "just words" when the words are like this.

I don't really know of any consistent poster who regularly supported Trump.  As to why anyone even slightly conservative no longer posts here, you need only look in a mirror for your answer.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Nately120 - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't really know of any consistent poster who regularly supported Trump.  As to why anyone even slightly conservative no longer posts here, you need only look in a mirror for your answer.

Conservatism is a bit busy with in fighting and a lack of identity at the moment.  We currently have a Republican president attacking democrats, Republicans and his own Supreme Court picks.  What can even be said at the moment?

As soon as Republicans purge Trump we'll start hearing how senile kid sniffing commie skeleton Biden is going down.

(12-30-2020, 02:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Conservatism is a bit busy with in fighting and a lack of identity at the moment.  We currently have a Republican president attacking democrats, Republicans and his own Supreme Court picks.  What can even be said at the moment?

As soon as Republicans purge Trump we'll start hearing how senile kid sniffing commie skeleton Biden is going down.

You certainly have the Trump part of the party willing to do anything to sound just like him...probably for that 2024 run but also because they still fear his tweets.

Honestly though so many times over the past four years people have jumped to Trump's defense because posters were not "giving him a chance" or "he didn't say that" or whatever that it is phenomenal that as soon as as he was losing power it stopped almost immediately.  Maybe they finally recognized him for what the rest of us already knew him to be?  Maybe they are embarrassed?  Either way it like a switch went off.

Meanwhile Trump hasn't done anything different:  He tweets, lies and golfs and grifts.  Which makes the lack of defense OR speaking out against him all the more interesting.  At least to me.  I mean no one HAS to post about any particular topic but to see the change so suddenly beginning right after the last election was noticeable.

It's good to see all of that just fading into background noise but there are still plenty of his disciples out there to carry the torch for him and we'll need to people to stand up to them also in the future.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - BmorePat87 - 12-30-2020

Senator Hawley will join House Republicans in objecting to electors.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/30/politics/josh-hawley-force-votes-electoral-college-results/index.html

Objections require one member of each chamber and will prompt each chamber to meet separately to vote on these objections. All objections are poised to fail, and even if one passed the Senate, the law breaks disagreements between the two chambers by deferring to the slate of electors certified by the state’s governor.

All this does is waste time.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 04:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Senator Hawley will join House Republicans in objecting to electors.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/30/politics/josh-hawley-force-votes-electoral-college-results/index.html

Objections require one member of each chamber and will prompt each chamber to meet separately to vote on these objections. All objections are poised to fail, and even if one passed the Senate, the law breaks disagreements between the two chambers by deferring to the slate of electors certified by the state’s governor.

Certainly.  It also further casts Biden's presidency as illegitimate for those inclined to believe this is the case, which I think is really the goal at this point.

(12-30-2020, 04:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Senator Hawley will join House Republicans in objecting to electors.

He cites Democrats objecting twice.  I had read about the Gore one not the other.

But Hawley is just another Trump sycophant looking to ride his coattails.

It is indeed a waste of time and it continues to further divide and distract citizens...something Trump has supported and participated in for much longer than his time in office.

It's sad stuff.

RE: Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics - fredtoast - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  As to why anyone even slightly conservative no longer posts here, you need only look in a mirror for your answer.

The whole point of political forum is to debate with people who disagree with you.  And this forum has always had posters from both sides.  I don't remember any liberals running away when we were accused of having a mental disorder just for criticizing Trump.

The only reason conservatives have stopped posting as much is because they are embarrassed or sore losers.