Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Trump, where do you stand on him now? (/Thread-Trump-where-do-you-stand-on-him-now)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Trump, where do you stand on him now? - GMDino - 11-13-2020

I know, I know...another Trump thread.  Smirk

But I'm just curious about something (lots of things but one thing this time):

For four years we've had people here strongly defending Trump, people who strongly disliked Trump, and people who said they didn't like Trump but only defended him because others didn't like him.  

At one point it was suggested to me to try and understand why his supporters did what they did and said what they said rather than challenge them because challenging them just made them more hardcore in their defense of Trump.

So how are you all feeling now?  Watching how he is acting after losing both the popular vote and the EC and continuing to post that he really won, that it is all a conspiracy?  The baseless lawsuits?

Are you still willing to defend him as a person let a lone as as President?

He never "grew into the job".
His "different" ways of handling things never translated to political success.
He never drained the swamp.  In fact he filled it with his own special swamp creatures.
He never ran the country like a business other than to spend wildly, steal money from one department to fund another (failing) one and drive up debt.

What did he do that you thought he would that was worth all that time defending him?

The Supreme Court?

Congrats.  You sold your souls for a couple court cases that then might get changed back later.

A tax cut?  Unless you're in the top 10% you will see your taxes slowly rise moving forward as the "middle class" part was only temporary.

Four years ago everyone knew what and who Trump was.  Some of you hitch your wagon to him and whipped that horse like it going to take you to the promised land.  Instead you barely got out of the gate and now the horse is crapping all around you and demanding you celebrate it.

He was destined to embarrass himself and he did. 

Every day since the election was called is just worse and worse.  In both what he say and what he does.

I feel bad that people were so snookered.  I don't feel bad for the people who knew but supported him anyway for couple pieces of silver in the form of three SCJ and a temporary tax break at the expense of our standing in the world and the slow erosion of the norms that make out country run.

Most of what he did can be fixed.  But I fear the people who didn't care for four years will make the same choices again in the future because they haven't learned anything.

Just my two cents.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-13-2020

This thread only exists to make you feel better and belittle people who don't think exactly the same way you do about everything. Pretty much every sentence in the OP screams this. A colossal waste of time to which I am only responding to ask the mods to delete it as useless for anything other than stoking a pointless argument.

/thread

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - BmorePat87 - 11-13-2020

He will be judged in the history books by moments like these. The economy will be viewed within the context of the recession and Obama. They’ll focus on Covid, his character, and his actions after losing.

If he continues to not do his job after his court battle is over, it’ll likely be his defining action on office: the man who quit doing his job after he lost while thousands were dying.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Mer - 11-13-2020

Keep watching. It's not over yet. But I do hope you feel better after getting that off your chest. Enjoy this fleeting moment of your "victory" because I hear the swamp gurgling and the swamp monsters of both parties are getting very nervous.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Au165 - 11-13-2020

(11-13-2020, 09:15 PM)Mer Wrote: Keep watching. It's not over yet. But I do hope you feel better after getting that off your chest. Enjoy this fleeting moment of your "victory" because I hear the swamp gurgling and the swamp monsters of both parties are getting very nervous.

Did Q tell you this?

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Mer - 11-13-2020

(11-13-2020, 09:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Did Q tell you this?

Nope. It came from a much higher power than Q.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - GMDino - 11-13-2020

(11-13-2020, 08:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This thread only exists to make you feel better and belittle people who don't think exactly the same way you do about everything.  Pretty much every sentence in the OP screams this.  A colossal waste of time to which I am only responding to ask the mods to delete it as useless for anything other than stoking a pointless argument.

/thread

This thread exists to ask people if they still will defend and support Trump given all they know and his behavior since losing the election.  

But thank you for adding absolutely nothing of substance other than to *****.  Very mature. If you don't want to partake in the thread or conversation just scroll on by.

(11-13-2020, 09:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He will be judged in the history books by moments like these. The economy will be viewed within the context of the recession and Obama. They’ll focus on Covid, his character, and his actions after losing.

If he continues to not do his job after his court battle is over, it’ll likely be his defining action on office: the man who quit doing his job after he lost while thousands were dying.

That's where this came from.  He has done nothing but complain (wait a minute...that sounds familiar) since the election.  Heck all he did was complain about how unfair everything was to him since the 2016 election.

(11-13-2020, 09:15 PM)Mer Wrote: Keep watching. It's not over yet. But I do hope you feel better after getting that off your chest. Enjoy this fleeting moment of your "victory" because I hear the swamp gurgling and the swamp monsters of both parties are getting very nervous.

It's not MY victory.  He lost the general election and is acting like a petulant child about it.  My question is will his same defenders stick up for him even as he continues to lie and resist the truth of his loss.  At least you touched on the swamp...that is still there four years in.

(11-13-2020, 09:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Did Q tell you this?

Cool

(11-13-2020, 09:28 PM)Mer Wrote: Nope. It came from a much higher power than Q.

R?

QQ?

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Yojimbo - 11-13-2020

Probably his ass or stomach. Both are pretty big, soft spots.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - BmorePat87 - 11-13-2020

Tucker Carlson? 

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - jason - 11-13-2020

(11-13-2020, 11:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Tucker Carlson? 

The Big Guy...

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Interceptor - 11-14-2020

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now?

He's a scumbag full of pettiness.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 11-14-2020

I thought that he was a double talking conman when he ruined the USFL in 1985 and haven't seen/heard anything from his mouth since to change my mind.

I slept just fine during the Trump Presidency . . . It's waking up and thinking "What did this moron say or tweet and which international ally did he insult this time". I look forward to not watching the news as much as I have been and deleting a bunch of pre-set recordings on my dvr.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Big Boss - 11-16-2020

He's a lying, corrupt, narcissistic, racist, sexist, sociopathic criminal that should have never been nominated for President of the United States to begin with. These last four years have been nothing short of deeply disturbing on so many different levels. He's undermined our democratic institutions, he's compromised our safety, and he's eroded whatever sense of character and morality we had as a nation. He willfully fanned the flames of division throughout his entire term, and now he's leaving this country more fractured and angrier than ever.

History will see him as one of the worst presidents we've ever had, and that assessment will be just. Congratulations to the only president in American history to hit the trifecta of:

1) Serving one term
2) Losing the popular vote twice
3) Being impeached

Loser.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - GMDino - 11-16-2020

(11-14-2020, 01:53 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I thought that he was a double talking conman when he ruined the USFL in 1985 and haven't seen/heard anything from his mouth since to change my mind.

I slept just fine during the Trump Presidency . . . It's waking up and thinking "What did this moron say or tweet and which international ally did he insult this time". I look forward to not watching the news as much as I have been and deleting a bunch of pre-set recordings on my dvr.

My wife was watching an old SNL online this weekend and Norm Macdonald had a joke on the news about Trump.

This was an episode from 1996.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-headlines-from-12796/2870412

It's at 2:24.

Everyone knew what Trump was...

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - CKwi88 - 11-16-2020

Post 15 and no Dennis Green gif?

For shame people.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - CJD - 11-16-2020

Trump?

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Dill - 11-16-2020

(11-13-2020, 08:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: I know, I know...another Trump thread.  Smirk

But I'm just curious about something (lots of things but one thing this time):

For four years we've had people here strongly defending Trump, people who strongly disliked Trump, and people who said they didn't like Trump but only defended him because others didn't like him.  

At one point it was suggested to me to try and understand why his supporters did what they did and said what they said rather than challenge them because challenging them just made them more hardcore in their defense of Trump.

So how are you all feeling now?  Watching how he is acting after losing both the popular vote and the EC and continuing to post that he really won, that it is all a conspiracy?  The baseless lawsuits?

Are you still willing to defend him as a person let a lone as as President?

He never "grew into the job".
His "different" ways of handling things never translated to political success.
He never drained the swamp.  In fact he filled it with his own special swamp creatures.
He never ran the country like a business other than to spend wildly, steal money from one department to fund another (failing) one and drive up debt.

What did he do that you thought he would that was worth all that time defending him?

The Supreme Court?

Congrats.  You sold your souls for a couple court cases that then might get changed back later.

A tax cut?  Unless you're in the top 10% you will see your taxes slowly rise moving forward as the "middle class" part was only temporary.

Four years ago everyone knew what and who Trump was.  Some of you hitch your wagon to him and whipped that horse like it going to take you to the promised land.  Instead you barely got out of the gate and now the horse is crapping all around you and demanding you celebrate it.

He was destined to embarrass himself and he did. 

Every day since the election was called is just worse and worse.  In both what he say and what he does.

I feel bad that people were so snookered.  I don't feel bad for the people who knew but supported him anyway for couple pieces of silver in the form of three SCJ and a temporary tax break at the expense of our standing in the world and the slow erosion of the norms that make out country run.

Most of what he did can be fixed.  But I fear the people who didn't care for four years will make the same choices again in the future because they haven't learned anything.

Just my two cents.

LOL this is closer to a nickel than 2 cents.

I want to disagree with you on one point: ALL of us didn't "know who and what he was."  

That is the most disturbing aspect of this chapter in US history.  Millions could not agree that someone who marches in four Clinton scandal women to a debate is borderline psychotic and more showman than substance. 

Trump's handling of foreign policy was very much like his handling of the pandemic--impulsive, linked to the stock market, uninformed and contemptuous of expert advice and wise counsel, and heedless of consequence. But it took his performance during the pandemic to reach those who normally ignore policy of all kinds.  

And it's not over yet, as Trump scrambles to use his remaining days in power to upend the Pentagon, installing his loyalists to push through his rushed withdrawals from Afghanistan and Iraq, and to fix oil leases on Alaskan land. Not to mention encouraging his followers to take to the street and protest the "stolen" election. 

Trump was/is the tip of a disinformation iceberg that hasn't melted much since he lost the election. This disinformation will continue to clog US politics, disrupting domestic and foreign policy, long after he has been forced out. 

Efforts to construct Trump as a normal politician continue--sometimes by casting those who object to the abnormality of his term in the name of ethical standards, respect for science and democratic norms are the ones really "over the top."

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Nately120 - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 02:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He's a lying, corrupt, narcissistic, racist, sexist, sociopathic criminal that should have never been nominated for President of the United States to begin with.  These last four years have been nothing short of deeply disturbing on so many different levels.  He's undermined our democratic institutions, he's compromised our safety, and he's eroded whatever sense of character and morality we had as a nation.  He willfully fanned the flames of division throughout his entire term, and now he's leaving this country more fractured and angrier than ever.  

History will see him as one of the worst presidents we've ever had, and that assessment will be just.  Congratulations to the only president in American history to hit the trifecta of:

1) Serving one term
2) Losing the popular vote twice
3) Being impeached

Loser.

Alas, it's so amazing to know what his followers believe though...

lying - he tells it like it is, or he's being sarcastic!
corrupt - he was draining the swamp, actually
narcissistic - he's just confident/awesome/a winner
racist - democrats are the racists
sexist - you're being too PC
sociopathic criminal - he loves America and wants America first
He willfully fanned the flames of division throughout his entire term - nope, liberals all decided from day 1 they'd hate his guts for no reason
he's leaving this country more fractured and angrier than ever - again, liberals are the ones rioting and being angry
History will see him as one of the worst presidents we've ever had - history books are written by biased liberals

1) Serving one term - fraud!
2) Losing the popular vote twice - fraud!
3) Being impeached - fraud!

Damn, this is so easy.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - Millhouse - 11-16-2020

Today Trump turned on Governor DeWine here in Ohio because DeWine said he is considering to take more measure combating Covid, but then also went on to say that Biden is the President elect.

"Who will be running for Governor of the Great State of Ohio? Will be hotly contested!” Trump tweeted. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-swipes-at-dewine-after-ohio-gov-biden

I dont know if many of you know, but I was an intern for DeWine back when he was a U.S. Senator in the mid 90s. I got to meet him, his family, spent a couple of days at his home he still lives at today. He is a genuine good guy to be honest. People may disagree with his politics, but he is the polar opposite of Trump as a human being.

Anyways, for Trump to tweet something like this because DeWine isnt backing his baseless bs claims should tell all decent Republicans that Trump is a pos.

RE: Trump, where do you stand on him now? - NATI BENGALS - 11-17-2020

(11-16-2020, 11:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Today Trump turned on Governor DeWine here in Ohio because DeWine said he is considering to take more measure combating Covid, but then also went on to say that Biden is the President elect.

"Who will be running for Governor of the Great State of Ohio? Will be hotly contested!” Trump tweeted. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-swipes-at-dewine-after-ohio-gov-biden

I dont know if many of you know, but I was an intern for DeWine back when he was a U.S. Senator in the mid 90s. I got to meet him, his family, spent a couple of days at his home he still lives at today. He is a genuine good guy to be honest. People may disagree with his politics, but he is the polar opposite of Trump as a human being.

Anyways, for Trump to tweet something like this because DeWine isnt backing his baseless bs claims should tell all decent Republicans that Trump is a pos.

“We’re sorry the number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service.”