Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Congrats Geno! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Congrats Geno! (/Thread-Congrats-Geno--25738)

Congrats Geno! - Hoofhearted - 11-18-2020

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHvrsawgCbK/?igshid=1ev2r7isttlqa

Geno's "personal reasons" - pally - 11-18-2020

Monday the 9th of November, Geno and his wife welcomed Isla Elise Atkins into the world. She came in about 5 weeks early and had to spend time in the NICU. The baby is home now and doing well according to Geno's IG.

May she have a beautiful life

RE: Congrats Geno! - Rubekahn29 - 11-18-2020

So this explains him not playing Sunday. Good for him and congrats to him and his family! 

RE: Congrats Geno! - reuben.ahmed - 11-18-2020

congratulations, if you're reading this! But you're not.

RE: Congrats Geno! - bfine32 - 11-18-2020

Got to assume this is the end of the season for Geno.

RE: Congrats Geno! - Murdock2420 - 11-18-2020

Awesome news and good for Geno.

RE: Congrats Geno! - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-18-2020

Good news! Congrats!

RE: Congrats Geno! - Mike M (the other one) - 11-18-2020

Grats big guy!

RE: Congrats Geno! - TheLeonardLeap - 11-18-2020

Congrats!

Now get that shoulder fixed and go spend the rest of the season quarantining, guy. Making sure your child is safe is more important than a 2-6-1 season. (Making sure you're 100% for 2021 is a good extra benefit, too.)

RE: Congrats Geno! - leonardfan40 - 11-18-2020

That explains a lot. Definitely a good move for him and his family to isolate as long as possible...hopefully people will remember explanations like this are possible next time someone misses a game for an unknown reason before they start bashing the guy

RE: Congrats Geno! - jason - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 09:15 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That explains a lot. Definitely a good move for him and his family to isolate as long as possible...hopefully people will remember explanations like this are possible next time someone misses a game for an unknown reason before they start bashing the guy

Agreed... But we're on the internet, and that ain't happenin'.

RE: Congrats Geno! - Sled21 - 11-19-2020

(11-18-2020, 07:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got to assume this is the end of the season for Geno.

Why would you assume that. I would assume that maybe now that his baby is home, his mind will be clearer and he will be able to focus more on his game. (And yes, I know it's his shoulder hindering him)

RE: Congrats Geno! - jason - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would you assume that. I would assume that maybe now that his baby is home, his mind will be clearer and he will be able to focus more on his game. (And yes, I know it's his shoulder hindering him)

His shoulder, premature newborn baby, and the as promised spike in cases of the Rona may play a part in his decision making... Just speculating. Maybe none of that is on his mind.

RE: Congrats Geno! - bfine32 - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would you assume that. I would assume that maybe now that his baby is home, his mind will be clearer and he will be able to focus more on his game. (And yes, I know it's his shoulder hindering him)

I'd assume the immunity of a premature newborn is quite undeveloped.

Now if he's willing to stay away from his family the rest of the season, then that's a separate story.

I heard that the Penn State HC is keeping himself separated from his family the entire season. Of course he's also keeping himself separated from wins as well. 

RE: Congrats Geno! - 3wt - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 02:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd assume the immunity of a premature newborn is quite undeveloped.

Now if he's willing to stay away from his family the rest of the season, then that's a separate story.

I heard that the Penn State HC is keeping himself separated from his family the entire season. Of course he's also keeping himself separated from wins as well. 

I think if the mother is breast feeding she passes along her antibodies in the breast milk.  Not sure of this, but I think it's true.  My daughter in law gave birth in March.  She works as a nurse in home care - and she got COVID in August.   Baby never got it!

RE: Congrats Geno! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-19-2020

Congratulations! Rock On