Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Mixon out again? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Mixon out again? (/Thread-Joe-Mixon-out-again)

Pages: 1 2

Joe Mixon out again? - No-huddle Joe - 11-19-2020

Tried to find out if Mixon is out yet again, but couldn't find anything. Any word or web links on what is going on with him? Odd that all these Bengals have "lingering injuries" here lately.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - Wes Mantooth - 11-19-2020

I just checked his injury report. He didn't practice yesterday, but Taylor described him as day-to-day.

Fwiw, I wouldn't put a lot of stock into Taylor's description if you're looking for a sign he'll suit up Sunday. He may very well be day-to-day, but that doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of playing immediately in game.

They should have an update for him later today. If he doesn't get a limited practice in and I'd look for him to be out. I would assume they'll want a full practice either today or tommorrow to get him out there this weekened. And with him signing a new deal, and us being 2-6-1, I wouldn't look for them to go out of their way to risk it.

PS I still hate this extension (shocker).

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - ochocincos - 11-19-2020

If Mixon misses another game, it will be his 4th game missed on the season. Yet another key member missing a good amount of games due to injury.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - JSR18 - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 01:24 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Tried to find out if Mixon is out yet again, but couldn't find anything.  Any word or  web links on what is going on with him?  Odd that all these Bengals have "lingering injuries" here lately.

WhoDey2 I know right? It seems these guys are looking at the record, looking at the the positional coaching and over-all coaching along with the rest of the schedule and saying "hard pass"...

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - Joelist - 11-19-2020

So far a characteristic of the ZT era has been having loads of players miss lots of playing time. Granted Marvin got hit hard a lot too which brings up the question - what is it with the Bengals that every season they get wrecked with injuries? To have it happen in one season is just luck - when it happens more than once you have to start questioning strength, conditioning and practice habits.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - Gdale_Bengal - 11-19-2020

I mean Zac Taylor said AJ was day to day all year

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - Wes Mantooth - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 03:07 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I mean Zac Taylor said AJ was day to day all year

I wish Zac Taylor's job was day-to-day.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - RiverRat13 - 11-19-2020

Never pay a running back.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - CKwi88 - 11-19-2020

Just extended him and its a lost season, no sense risking it. Meh.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - Sled21 - 11-19-2020

He's a running back with a hurt foot, and you guys make it out to be some kind of disgruntled player type thing... simply amazing.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - Hoofhearted - 11-19-2020

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - Whatever - 11-19-2020

Cut the man some slack. I heard he just got that new PS5. He's just burning a few sick days.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - pally - 11-19-2020

Mixon was not seen at the open practice

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - jj22 - 11-19-2020

They deserve to lose Spain off the practice squad for mismanaging the roster and not understanding the new IR rules.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 04:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: They deserve to lose Spain off the practice squad for mismanaging the roster and not understanding the new IR rules.

???

I mean they did send him back out after the injury kinda like they did Burrow. Is Burrow really healed? We are about to see.

(11-19-2020, 04:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ???

Did Spain sign to the active roster? Maybe I missed the news.

If not sending him back and forth and now being unable to protect him can come back to bite him.

Maybe I missed the news they've signed him to the active roster tho. If so my bad.

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - WhodeyRay - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 03:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: So far a characteristic of the ZT era has been having loads of players miss lots of playing time. Granted Marvin got hit hard a lot too which brings up the question - what is it with the Bengals that every season they get wrecked with injuries? To have it happen in one season is just luck - when it happens more than once you have to start questioning strength, conditioning and practice habits.

:andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:

RE: Joe Mixon out again? - pally - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 04:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: They deserve to lose Spain off the practice squad for mismanaging the roster and not understanding the new IR rules.

Spain is one of their protected players each week.  There is no need to put someone on IR if their roster spot isn't needed for another player,  not with the ability to bring guys up from the PS on game day especially since a player off the street won't be able to play immediately.  

They aren't protected all week. They can be signed Monday-Wednesday I believe.