Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? (/Thread-Sewell-or-trade-with-QB-needy-teams)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Nicomo Cosca - 12-19-2020

(12-19-2020, 10:02 PM)Skans Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase.

Yeah, he’d be my pick. The deep ball is the one thing Burrow is missing right now. Grab Chase, and bring in the best guards we can in FA. Maybe EDGE or DT in the 2nd.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - bfine32 - 12-19-2020

(12-19-2020, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So who we taking if JAX grabs Sewell and no one wants to trade up with us for any of the QB’s?

Gregory Rousseau

(12-19-2020, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gregory Rousseau

To me that kind of seems like a reach for need. How many teams do you think will have him ahead of Chase on their boards?

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Goalpost - 12-19-2020

It's not an easy year to evaluate with teams playing reduced schedules and players opting out. The combine will be a good watch this/next year.

(12-19-2020, 11:15 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It's not an easy year to evaluate with teams playing reduced schedules and players opting out. The combine will be a good watch this/next year.

Maybe Rousseau will blow them away at the combine and shoot up draft boards. If he’s worth taking that high I’ll be for it. I just don’t want a guy at #3 that most have going much later. We really can’t afford to get this pick wrong (Ross, Price, etc).

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - bfine32 - 12-19-2020

(12-19-2020, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To me that kind of seems like a reach for need. How many teams do you think will have him ahead of Chase on their boards?

Teams that are 31st in the league in sacks with 15. 

If it's a need and the player is a top 10 overall prospect it's not a reach. Chase seems more like a luxury pick and crappy teams need to fill weaknesses more than luxury. 

Ask yourself this: What do you have a better chance of getting at #35: #3 WR or #1 Edge

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - Nicomo Cosca - 12-20-2020

(12-19-2020, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Teams that are 31st in the league in sacks with 15. 

If it's a need and the player is a top 10 overall prospect it's not a reach. Chase seems more like a luxury pick and crappy teams need to fill weaknesses more than luxury. 

Ask yourself this: What do you have a better chance of getting at #35: #3 WR or #1 Edge

I just think you’re a little too focused on need. Give me the BPA. It’s it close between a few guys, then by all means lean towards need.

As far as finding a good pass rusher in the 2nd? That’s where we got the guy that we’re looking to replace. Chase otoh would be replacing a guy we took at #4OA.

Hopefully Sewell is there at 3 and it’s moot anyway.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - bfine32 - 12-20-2020

(12-20-2020, 12:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just think you’re a little too focused on need. Give me the BPA. It’s it close between a few guys, then by all means lean towards need.

As far as finding a good pass rusher in the 2nd? That’s where we got the guy that we’re looking to replace. Chase otoh would be replacing a guy we took at #4OA.

And I think you're a little too focused on BPA. We've won 4 games in 2 years and one of our strengths is WR. Rousseau is a top 10 overall prospect at our weakest position. Personally I'd be unhappy if we went WR at #3OA. Of course I remember when the Lions went Roy Williams over Big Ben.

Chase Young was the BPA in last year's draft, but we took Joe because we needed a QB. 

(12-20-2020, 12:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And I think you're a little too focused on BPA. We've won 4 games in 2 years and one of our strengths is WR. Rousseau is a top 10 overall prospect at our weakest position. Personally I'd be unhappy if we went WR at #3OA. Of course I remember when the Lions went Roy Williams over Big Ben.

Chase Young was the BPA in last year's draft, but we took Joe because we needed a QB. 

There’s no such thing as being too focused on BPA when you’re as bad as us. We have holes all over. You act like pass rush is our only problem. How were we at stretching the field with big plays? How were we in the red zone? WR is not a strength. We have 2 good ones, but neither is a true deep threat. Our CB’s are terrible outside of WJ3, and who knows if we even re-sign him. Our LBers are still terrible, and I think people are overrating Logan Wilson a bit. He might become a solid player, but we’ll still be searching for a truly elite LB, which has been a problem as long as I can remember. Etc, etc, etc.

If they have a much higher grade on Chase, Surtain, or Parsons, than they do Rousseau, then any one of them would make sense.

Also, Young might have been the BPA, but it was close. Burrow had the best college season ever and beat him out for the Heisman.

Like I said, if it’s close, fine. Just don’t take a guy you have at 13 on your board because you really need a pass rusher. You aren’t fixing this mess in one draft anyway.

(12-20-2020, 12:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s no such thing as being too focused on BPA when you’re as bad as us. We have holes all over. You act like pass rush is our only problem. How were we at stretching the field with big plays? How were we in the red zone? WR is not a strength. We have 2 good ones, but neither is a true deep threat. Our CB’s are terrible outside of WJ3, and who knows if we even re-sign him. Our LBers are still terrible, and I think people are overrating Logan Wilson a bit. He might become a solid player, but we’ll still be searching for a truly elite LB, which has been a problem as long as I can remember. Etc, etc, etc.

If they have a much higher grade on Chase, Surtain, or Parsons, than they do Rousseau, then any one of them would make sense.

I guess we'll just disagree. On THIS team WR is a strength. And personally I'd consider drafting a 3rd WR with the #3 OA pick in the draft to be a luxury this team cannot afford. 

I do agree we have holes all over and I think we should look to fill them instead of strengthening a position that is among our best and youngest.  

(12-20-2020, 01:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess we'll just disagree. On THIS team WR is a strength. And personally I'd consider drafting a 3rd WR with the #3 OA pick in the draft to be a luxury this team cannot afford. 

I do agree we have holes all over and I think we should look to fill them instead of strengthening a position that is among our best and youngest.  

We would not be drafting a WR3 at #3. We would be drafting a WR1. Nobody knows what will happen at the next level, but Chase is a far better prospect than Boyd or Tee. He would be AJ’s replacement, and push the other two guys down a spot. Chase and Tee on the outside, with Boyd in the slot? Yes please.

(12-20-2020, 01:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We would not be drafting a WR3 at #3. We would be drafting a WR1. Nobody knows what will happen at the next level, but Chase is a far better prospect than Boyd or Tee. He would be AJ’s replacement, and push the other two guys down a spot. Chase and Tee on the outside, with Boyd in the slot? Yes please.

So best case scenario: We use the 3 OA to move Tee Higgins down to our #3 WR. Pass (pun intended) 

How many times do you want Joe to throw per game? 

(12-20-2020, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So best case scenario: We use the 3 OA to move Tee Higgins down to our #3 WR. Pass (pun intended) 

How many times do you want Joe to throw per game? 

He wouldn’t have to throw as much if we could actually stretch the field.

Bfine, would you take Rousseau even over Sewell?

(12-20-2020, 01:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bfine, would you take Rousseau even over Sewell?

nope

But players I would take over Chase:

Parsons
Rousseau
Pitts
Farley
Surtain
Slater (maybe)

Pitts is an interesting one. I would absolutely love to give Burrow a weapon like that, but is it crazy to take a TE at 3? I think some would argue it is. Especially in ZT’s offense. Still, if Sewell goes to JAX and we call Pitts name my initial reaction would probably be excitement.

RE: Sewell or trade with QB needy teams? - J24 - 12-20-2020

(12-19-2020, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So who we taking if JAX grabs Sewell and no one wants to trade up with us for any of the QB’s?

Daviyon Nixon