Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media (/Thread-Zack-Taylor-getting-destroyed-in-the-media)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - WhoDey - 11-24-2020

(11-23-2020, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same guys were praising Burrow's rookie records and his ability to keep us in close games.

Neither one of those would have happened if Taylor did not let him throw the ball so much.

I agree, the media acts like they were screaming from the rafters that Taylor had him dropping back too much before the injury

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-24-2020

(11-23-2020, 02:17 PM)Tony Wrote: I honestly can't believe people are backing this POS Taylor lol.. 4 wins in 2 years.. He's garbage and just destroyed our franchise QB. He's not gonna be the same and I was hoping this final stretch of game would have gelled us as a competitive team. It's over now. You will be lucky to see him in 2021 and We have seen this before. He will never be the same. I guarantee he won't step into a throw in the pocket like he did yesterday.

You can't blame Zac Taylor for Mike Brown being an idiot. He's never valued offensive linemen in 30 years, why would he start now? No one is really defending Taylor, but this isn't his fault. My only gripe is I wish he would call out Son of Paul's folly by getting after the line.

(11-24-2020, 03:02 AM)WhoDey Wrote: I agree, the media acts like they were screaming from the rafters that Taylor had him dropping back too much before the injury

....they were, in fact, actually praising all of that. LOL, **** the sports media.

"I'm actually trying to help you out here, as you've chosen a profession that's one step above prostitution."

-Bob Knight to a reporter

(11-23-2020, 02:20 PM)Jonescincy Wrote: Yeah this is why I stopped reading these things years ago. Some people making sense and the same old homers defending the team. The OLine SUCKS. Manning or Brady getting injured is a freak injury because those teams always protected their franchise player. JoeyB getting hurt wasn’t freak guys it was inevitable and will be again. The organization proved once again how they always fail their best players. Burrow is legit, he was not protected plain and simple. Trying to win games sure but what’s more important winning in a QBs rookie year or making sure he’s playing to gain experience for the future. Anyone not blaming the team for this injury is the reason why this team is still run like a mom and pop general store. It was inevitable that once again the hopes we had for the future of the team are put into doubt. Burrow will be back and I think he will be as good but he’s also destined for another major injury because this organization will fail him again and again.

Manning got his teeth kicked in initially, same as Burrow. The Colts were awful before he got there, were 3-13 his first season, had hired Jim Mora to rebuild, and were gifted Manning. That's revisionist history of the highest magnitude....lol. 

Otherwise, yeah, Son of Paul sucks.

(11-23-2020, 02:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They have to pass to set up the run. In an offense where they want play action it should be tge other way around.

But look at the offensive line, no push off the ball and there best run blocker costs thus team at least 2 dead drives a game. It’s garbage and has held the  team back the entire year. They spent money in the wrong places and it cost this team dearly.

It's held the team back for FOUR years, but yes, you are exactly correct. Archuletta even alluded to it. Dedes and Arch should know, they cover us damn near every game....lol.

(11-23-2020, 04:27 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm pretty sure Carson Wentz was running the ball when it happened. Not sure about the other two but that's a little different. Jimmy's was too I believe and likely RG3s

My God! Why were those coaches letting those QBs run! Doug Pederson should be fired!

See how logical that sounds?

(11-23-2020, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which formation did Burrow say he was most comfortable in???? Oh yeah, empty sets. Spain played where we needed him. We had no right tackle when he played right tackle. Redmond was dealing with a biceps injury yesterday. We could have kept Spain at LG, but who would have played the other positions? If Spain was on the left, the weakness would have just transferrred to the right with whoever played beside Adenijii

Don't go applying facts and common sense now....we can't have that shit in here....lol.

(11-23-2020, 04:38 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: I largely agree with this.  In the offseason, there were too many roster holes to be filled.  So, there were tough decisions to be made, and the FO chose to focus on the defense in free agency instead of the O-Line.  Had they done the opposite; the fan base would be saying “how could they trot out that same garbage defense again”.  Same goes for the draft.  A lot of fans were wanting Josh Jones, which means we either don’t have T. Higgins or L. Wilson on the team right now.  With limited draft capital and cap space every player/prospect selected means missing out on another.  

There are 2 front office faults I see though:

1.      Not getting Bill Callahan in the offseason and letting him go to Cleveland instead.  I believe he could have gotten more out of our limited O-line talent than Turner  So, the whole o-line is greater than the sum of its parts.

2.      At the 2019 trade deadline, not doing a fire sale of contract year and aging talent.  The message at the time was “we’re not in the business of making other teams better”.  Reportedly, there were offers for AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Geno and others.  They’ve done little to help the Bengals win since then, but having those few extra draft picks in the 2020 draft could have gone a long way in helping to fill the numerous holes on the roster.    

This, so much this. Best post I've read in months....spot on.

(11-23-2020, 05:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I would think total hits are more important than sacks alone, as far as keeping an NFL QB healthy.  Afterall, yesterday's injury was the result of a "hit" and not a "sack".

I heard an intersting stat yesterday. Joe Burrow tied an NFL record over the last 20 years for times being hit over their first 9 games.  The total was 72 times he was hit.  Him and Daniel Jones are the only two QB's that have taken that many hits over that timespan.

What's even more concerning about this is the fact the league has done more and more to keep the QB safe over these last 20 years.  Defenders are less likely to hit a QB late than they were even 10 years ago, and especially 20 years ago.  Yet Burrow, in 2020, took more hits than them all.

Jones and Burrow have one thing in common....they play behind bad lines that chased the incumbent veterans from the lineup. Who you think will fix that faster, the Maras or Son of Paul? LMAO

(11-23-2020, 05:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: And if you're a legit NFL head coach you take one look at the blocking and overrule him - this OL is not good enough to run empty sets. As to RG, you put Price at C and Hopkins at RG and keep Spain at LG. Jordan is the worst Guard in football and should NEVER be out there. Price has already showed he can do the job and Hopkins has played RG before. Plus we traded Dunlap in part for a lineman - put him out there at one of the spots if needed. This is how bad Jordan is. 

Billy Price scored an 18 in a game! An eight- ***** -teen!!!!! And you want him out there?  Price hasn't proven anything, other than being a COLLOSAL bust.  LMAO

Man, y'all on another level after this... LMAO

Seriously, there is PLENTY to criticize ZT over, but leaving the steaming hot pile that is Billy "The Draft Bust" Price on the bench at all costs is not one of those things.

(11-23-2020, 11:57 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: These idiots bought a ferrari and put nexxus tires and liability insurance on it. This team infuriates me!

Why are you surprised? They let it happen to Palmer, they let it happen to Dalton. God forbid you'd build a line, then actually keep developing it over and over, never missing much of a beat. It's almost like we don't have a team in our division that does exactly that. Oh......wait.......

We stumbled upon two good lines in Mike's 30 years. He let the fall apart, and the 2nd time around their plan to replenish was Ced O, Fisher, and Billy Price.... LMFAO.

(11-24-2020, 01:11 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I dont have a problem with Burrow coming out this season letting it fly. However once it became obvious the Oline was trash, like we all knew it would be, Taylor should have dialed it down some. And once it was obvious this season was over, it just became insane to have the kid out there throwing 60+ times a game. I know it was a freak accident that got him injured but it could have just as well happened on any of the record amount of sacks he’s taken. The odds that it happened the way it did and not on a sack is freaky enough.

It’s so much easier to look back and cherry pick examples to support your argument. I am pissed about the play calling. Burrow completed more passes in the first half yesterday than any QB has in the first half all season yet we only managed to get 9 damn points out of it. I’m sure we were just taking what the D gave us, but the risk/reward is just not there in a lost season to keep pushing it behind that line.

At the end of the day if anyone was shocked by yesterday’s events, well you must be new to this franchise. It was never a matter of when but how bad will it be.

Now this franchise needs to man the f up and rebuild both lines on this team.

Exactly right.

(11-24-2020, 02:14 AM)Tony Wrote: Right Burrow was making all the calls on how much to use it in game? Gtfoh... You are clueless as Zack.. He 100% is to blame for Burrows injury. Everyone knows it but 2 or 3 people here. That's good enough for me. You are the one who is clueless..

If you read the Bengals beat writers, and the team's media, you'd know that what he said is actually correct. They are running alignment and sets that Joe wanted them to run. It helps him with the pre snap reads being a rookie.

You can't listen to these idiots in the national media that think our players still get arrested every week. Seriously, they're lazy at best with their reporting on teams like Cincy....just plain ignorant of the details is more like it.

You realize you can just tell the truth, and that's not defending Taylor, right? Fred has been on his ass since midway through last year. 

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - TheBengalsMind - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 04:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: Manning got his teeth kicked in initially, same as Burrow. The Colts were awful before he got there, were 3-13 his first season, had hired Jim Mora to rebuild, and were gifted Manning. That's revisionist history of the highest magnitude....lol. 

Otherwise, yeah, Son of Paul sucks.

It's true that Peyton Manning had a learning curve, but he wasn't hit much or often.

Burrow was getting sacked 7.3 percent of the time and Peyton his rookie year was getting sacked 3.7 percent of his passes.

In fact of all qualifying QB's I believe he has the lowest sacked percentage in NFL History. He might be tied with Dan Marino, if I'm remembering correctly.

(11-24-2020, 05:40 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: It's true that Peyton Manning had a learning curve, but he wasn't hit much or often.

Burrow was getting sacked 7.3 percent of the time and Peyton his rookie year was getting sacked 3.7 percent of his passes.

In fact of all qualifying QB's I believe he has the lowest sacked percentage in NFL History. He might be tied with Dan Marino, if I'm remembering correctly.

Interesting. I knew he didn't get sacked a lot during his prime, but I remembered him getting beat up a lot more in his rookie campaign than those numbers indicate. That was a long time ago though. Still, the Colts were a bad football team when he arrived.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Big_Ern - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 04:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: My God! Why were those coaches letting those QBs run! Doug Pederson should be fired!

See how logical that sounds?

None of those qbs have been the same have they?

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - TecmoBengals - 11-24-2020

Is the local media still soft on the Bengals because they fear getting cut out of covering the team by Mikey?

I wish the national media would spend more time ripping Zac apart, he's a terrible coach as evident by his record. I get it, the national media would be foolish to overly cover anything Bengals.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - Mike M (the other one) - 11-24-2020

(11-23-2020, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: QBs get injured all the time.  Unless Zac was playing Joe with a pre-existing injury it had nothing to do with the Bengals failing Joe Burrow.

Even Tom Brady missed a season under Bill Belichick.  Shit happens when you play football.

I have to agree with Fred here, it's not like the score was 50-0, we were in the game and playing Joe gives us the best chance to win. It was just a freak bam-bam play and resulted in Joe getting injured. Besides, if ZT wasn't playing Joe, then you'd all be crying that he isn't letting his Future QB take his lumps and get his experience in. Most times, just can't win with some of you, you all get the benefit of hindsight. 

I look forward now to that top 3 Draft Pick and Sewell, and anyone that thinks we won't draft him at no 3 (if he's there) is out of their mind, he's a major need and would be awesome to have BOTH OT's and QB on rookie contracts for a few more years, keeps that window open and frees up that money for a few more marquee defensive players. This isn't the way any of us wanted it to go, but it's there for the taking so take.

RE: Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media - masonbengals fan - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 11:22 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I have to agree with Fred here, it's not like the score was 50-0, we were in the game and playing Joe gives us the best chance to win. It was just a freak bam-bam play and resulted in Joe getting injured. Besides, if ZT wasn't playing Joe, then you'd all be crying that he isn't letting his Future QB take his lumps and get his experience in. Most times, just can't win with some of you, you all get the benefit of hindsight. 

I look forward now to that top 3 Draft Pick and Sewell, and anyone that thinks we won't draft him at no 3 (if he's there) is out of their mind, he's a major need and would be awesome to have BOTH OT's and QB on rookie contracts for a few more years, keeps that window open and frees up that money for a few more marquee defensive players. This isn't the way any of us wanted it to go, but it's there for the taking so take.

Joe

(11-24-2020, 08:34 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: None of those qbs have been the same have they?

Watson has, surprisingly to be honest. The common thread is, these teams have bad lines. Pederson is a MUCH better coach than ours, no question, but even he is struggling in Philly.