Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Surgery Successful - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Surgery Successful (/Thread-Surgery-Successful)

Pages: 1 2 3

Surgery Successful - pally - 12-03-2020

RE: Surgery Successful - BengalBacker71 - 12-03-2020

That is good to hear

Formerly QueenCitySouth 1,799 posts

RE: Surgery Successful - BFritz21 - 12-03-2020

Definitely good to hear but any notes from the surgery? How did everything look and what are the expectations on his return?

Last I heard, they said he'd probably miss all offseason but would be ready by week 1. Is that still the case?

RE: Surgery Successful - pally - 12-03-2020

(12-03-2020, 07:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Definitely good to hear but any notes from the surgery?  How did everything look and what are the expectations on his return?  

Last I heard, they said he'd probably miss all offseason but would be ready by week 1.  Is that still the case?

If I had to hazard a guess this is the last bit of information we will hear for some time

RE: Surgery Successful - BFritz21 - 12-03-2020

(12-03-2020, 07:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Definitely good to hear but any notes from the surgery?  How did everything look and what are the expectations on his return?  

Last I heard, they said he'd probably miss all offseason but would be ready by week 1.  Is that still the case?

Decided to look into it and found this:

Quote:Bengals QB Joe Burrow underwent successful knee surgery Wednesday, the team announced. He is recovering from a torn ACL and other knee damage that occurred in the Bengals’ Week 11 loss at Washington. 

“Joe Burrow underwent successful surgery yesterday. The procedure went as planned and he is expected to make a complete recovery,” the team said in a press release. “Joe will begin the recovery process, and we look forward to his return.”
The team did not announce a timeframe for Burrow’s recovery. Going into the surgery, the Bengals reportedly believed it would be a nine-month recovery and he’d be ready for the 2021 NFL season.
However, ESPN’s Adam Schefter added that Burrow’s timeline was anywhere from 9-12 months, which would mean he’s no lock to even be ready for the first month of next season.
Whatever the case may be, all that matters is Burrow gets back to 100%, which everyone seems to believe he’ll get to eventually.

The team expects him to be ready but I don't really trust our medical staff.

Burrow is young, so let's just hope that he recovers quickly and fully and we get him a line so he can take us to a division title next year!

RE: Surgery Successful - jj22 - 12-03-2020

I was hoping the'd find it was only a sprain after all. But Wes ain't put that in the dream offseason thread, so it sounds like the dream lives on.

RE: Surgery Successful - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-04-2020

(12-03-2020, 07:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Decided to look into it and found this:

Burrow is young, so let's just hope that he recovers quickly and fully and we get him a line so he can take us to a division title next year!

What did they say?

RE: Surgery Successful - BFritz21 - 12-04-2020

(12-04-2020, 03:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What did they say?

I quoted it in my post  ThumbsUp

RE: Surgery Successful - Trademark - 12-04-2020

(12-03-2020, 06:12 PM)BengalBacker71 Wrote: That is good to hear

Formerly QueenCitySouth 1,799 posts

in other news what happened to the QueenCitySouth account?

RE: Surgery Successful - thompson19osu - 12-04-2020

(12-03-2020, 07:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Decided to look into it and found this:

If Bengals say 9 months and others say 9-12 months then I would put him at 9 months. Burrow is young and hungry to “ball”. He will do everything in his power to get back on time. He would not be one to slack off in the recovery process.

RE: Surgery Successful - BFritz21 - 12-04-2020

(12-04-2020, 09:48 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: If Bengals say 9 months and others say 9-12 months then I would put him at 9 months. Burrow is young and hungry to “ball”. He will do everything in his power to get back on time. He would not be one to slack off in the recovery process.

Why do you say 9?  Usually, it would be the other way around in who is to believe because the Bengals will be less-objective, due to attempts to keep the fanbase's hopes alive, especially since they weren't a part of the actual surgery.

I know he won't slack off but there's hope and then there's reality.

Let's just hope that we go all-out to give him the best line possible to keep this from happening again.

RE: Surgery Successful - Truck_1_0_1_ - 12-04-2020

(12-04-2020, 09:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why do you say 9?  Usually, it would be the other way around in who is to believe because the Bengals will be less-objective, due to attempts to keep the fanbase's hopes alive, especially since they weren't a part of the actual surgery.

I know he won't slack off but there's hope and then there's reality.

Let's just hope that we go all-out to give him the best line possible to keep this from happening again.

Healing times for non-diabetics at 25 years of age or younger, is quite fast.

I started off after the injury, saying 8 months and I'll stick by it; he's back for August next year.

RE: Surgery Successful - Hoofhearted - 12-04-2020

Reds team doctor said something along the lines of a it's not very likely that he starts the season. I hope he does, and maybe the Doc is just setting expectation higher than need be so there isn't people complaining about the timeline. I'll stick with that and say he probably won't be ready for the first month, but of course I really hope he is.

RE: Surgery Successful - RiverRat13 - 12-04-2020

(12-04-2020, 10:53 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I believe his doctor said something along the lines of a it's not very likely that he starts the season. I hope he does, and maybe the Doc is just setting expectation higher than need be so there isn't people complaining about the timeline. I'll stick with that and say he probably won't be ready for the first month, but of course I really hope he is.

Link?

(12-04-2020, 10:56 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Link?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Surgery Successful - RiverRat13 - 12-04-2020

(12-04-2020, 11:01 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks.  Kremcheck is the Reds team doctor so he knows his stuff.  But he's not Burrow's doctor.

(12-04-2020, 11:09 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Thanks.  Kremcheck is the Reds team doctor so he knows his stuff.  But he's not Burrow's doctor.

Whoops, that was my bad. My apologies 

RE: Surgery Successful - LebanonFan - 12-04-2020

(12-04-2020, 11:01 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That’s Kremcheck, not Burrow’s doctor. He’s probably just erring on the most conservative timeline since he is being interviewed about an injury to someone who’s not his patient.

The 9 month timeline is conservative. Many athletes can heal in 6-8. The 9 is more of a benchmark within the last few years before clearing to return to contact. I’d rather see the Bengals try to protect Joe from himself a bit and if he does miss the first couple of games, no big deal in the big picture

Joe will have to meet physical strength and range of motion as well as psychological measurable benchmarks that will dictate his return. Recent studies show a direct link between mental toughness and rehab time, so I think Joe will have that on his side

(12-04-2020, 11:23 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: That’s Kremcheck, not Burrow’s doctor.  He’s probably just erring on the most conservative timeline since he is being interviewed about an injury to someone who’s not his patient.

The 9 month timeline is conservative.  Many athletes can heal in 6-8.  The 9 is more of a benchmark within the last few years before clearing to return to contact.  I’d rather see the Bengals try to protect Joe from himself a bit and if he does miss the first couple of games, no big deal in the big picture

Joe will have to meet physical strength and range of motion as well as psychological measurable benchmarks that will dictate his return.  Recent studies show a direct link between mental toughness and rehab time, so I think Joe will have that on his side

Right, that's what I got out of it as well. I have high hopes he's back by 9 months, but I don't want to be let down at the beginning of the season if he's not ready to play and they're taking it slow (rightfully so).

RE: Surgery Successful - bengalfan74 - 12-04-2020

There's no rush to get him back.

Thing I'm hoping for the most is him coming back to a competent coaching staff.