Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) (/Thread-The-Bengals-blue-pill-red-pill-meme-going-around-vote)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Geno_Can_Dunk - 12-05-2020

If you haven't seen it, here's a little meme going around on twitter tonight. I'll make it into a poll so we can vote and discuss (not that these haven't been hashed out to death on boards like this for years, but still).

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - KillerGoose - 12-05-2020

I really wonder how a SB victory would've changed the direction of this franchise. Maybe Wyche doesn't get fired by Mike three years later and the Bengals see some success in the 90s. Shula wouldn't have been hired. It has to be that. For me, it is the red pill, easily.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Interceptor - 12-05-2020

The clear pill: Paul Brown hires Bill Walsh as head coach.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 08:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I really wonder how a SB victory would've changed the direction of this franchise. Maybe Wyche doesn't get fired by Mike three years later and the Bengals see some success in the 90s. Shula wouldn't have been hired. It has to be that. For me, it is the red pill, easily.

Same! Having a Lombardi Trophy would ease the sting of the 1990s and everything since January 9, 2016 with 1:56 left in the game.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Frank Booth - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 08:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I really wonder how a SB victory would've changed the direction of this franchise. Maybe Wyche doesn't get fired by Mike three years later and the Bengals see some success in the 90s. Shula wouldn't have been hired. It has to be that. For me, it is the red pill, easily.

Super Bowls have done no good for the bucs or even raiders for that matter. For real, look how bad those teams have been since 2003

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Nicomo Cosca - 12-05-2020

The Hill fumble was much more devastating to me personally, as I was like 6 years old for that Super Bowl loss, but I still went red pill. It would have meant so much to the franchise, the city, my dad & uncles, etc to have won that one.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Geno_Can_Dunk - 12-05-2020

I meant to vote for the blue pill, though the site says I apparently voted purple on accident. So just know that it's between red and blue, not purple. Answers so far at least.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Nicomo Cosca - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 08:47 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I meant to vote for the blue pill, though the site says I apparently voted purple on accident. So just know that it's between red and blue, not purple. Answers so far at least.

There’s an undo vote option. At least on mobile there is.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Wes Mantooth - 12-05-2020

Superbowl win 100 out of 100 times.

Not sure there's a close 2nd.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - GreenCornBengal - 12-05-2020

I chose blue pill but only because I became a fan in 2003. Obvious choice is red pill IMO

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - psychdoctor - 12-05-2020

Red pill all the way, win that SB.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Destro - 12-05-2020

Red pill.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - SunsetBengal - 12-05-2020

Please don't bring facebook shit onto the boards..

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - BFritz21 - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Please don't bring facebook shit onto the boards..

Looks like its' from Instagram, but Facebook is where I saw it too.

I picked Hill not fumbling just because I remember how I felt when Burfict got the interception and it was one of the happiest feelings of my life.  This franchise has been a laughing stock of pro sports for most of my life and it felt like we were on top of the world, even if just for a few minutes.

I was only 5 or so for that Super Bowl so I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it.

As for the draft picks, they might have improved us, but we'd still have Mike Brown as an owner and he probably would have found a way to **** it up.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - SunsetBengal - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 10:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Looks like its' from Instagram, but Facebook is where I saw it too.

I picked Hill not fumbling just because I remember how I felt when Burfict got the interception and it was one of the happiest feelings of my life.  This franchise has been a laughing stock of pro sports for most of my life and it felt like we were on top of the world, even if just for a few minutes.

I was only 5 or so for that Super Bowl so I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it.

As for the draft picks, they might have improved us, but we'd still have Mike Brown as an owner and he probably would have found a way to **** it up.

Brad, I've seen this all over the Bengals FB groups.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - SladeX - 12-05-2020

Red pill.

Don't go straw man sunset. It's an interesting question, no matter the origins of it.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - KillerGoose - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 08:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Super Bowls have done no good for the bucs or even raiders for that matter. For real, look how bad those teams have been since 2003

Oh I agree, don’t get me wrong. I just think it might have given Wyche a longer leash with MB and maybe he wouldn’t have been fired in 91, which led to the hiring of Shula. The 90’s could have turned out different, which could have changed the trajectory of the franchise. Just a fun possibility to think about amidst a pretty depressing season.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - BengalsRocker - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 10:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oh I agree, don’t get me wrong. I just think it might have given Wyche a longer leash with MB and maybe he wouldn’t have been fired in 91, which led to the hiring of Shula. The 90’s could have turned out different, which could have changed the trajectory of the franchise. Just a fun possibility to think about amidst a pretty depressing season.

The Bengals played what is now considered a legendary dynasty in the 49ers.

Beat them in that Super Bowl and it legitimizes our team as the greatness that they were.

Plus ownership beats Walsh.

That means so much more than most Super Bowls historically.

Huge for the team's legacy.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - Clark W Griswold - 12-05-2020

Gotta be the red pill
It’s the only one that guarantees that the Bengals win a Super Bowl.

RE: The Bengals blue pill/red pill meme going around (vote) - BigPapaKain - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Hill fumble was much more devastating to me personally, as I was like 6 years old for that Super Bowl loss, but I still went red pill. It would have meant so much to the franchise, the city, my dad & uncles, etc to have won that one.

Basically this, except i was 3.