Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick (/Thread-Margus-Hunt-very-under-the-radar-pick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - impactplaya - 12-22-2020

Not alot is being talked about Margus Hunt.
Seems like at least once a game he is batting
Down a pass or at least making the QB pat the ball a
Few more times. I think going into 2021 he is a player
You can at least think about bringing back and he wont
Cost a bundle. He makes the most of his snaps and
Hes not taking plays off.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - ochocincos - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 12:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Not alot is being talked about Margus Hunt.

He seems to be playing better in this stint with Bengals compared to last.
Maybe he improved from his time in IND and NO, or maybe he's just a better fit in Anarumo's defense.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He seems to be playing better in this stint with Bengals compared to last.
Maybe he improved from his time in IND and NO, or maybe he's just a better fit in Anarumo's defense.

He's made some nice plays in the run game. I think he'll be a nice rotational piece if they decide to keep him.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - Wire22Wire - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 12:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Not alot is being talked about Margus Hunt.

Is this post in haiku format?

Margus Hunt Stinks - he is the last thing we need, legacy sh.it players, clogging up roster spots

Cincy fans love to overvalue and be nostalgic, even over scrubs like Margus Hunt 

Get over it 

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - impactplaya - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 01:01 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Is this post in haiku format?

Margus Hunt Stinks - he is the last thing we need, legacy sh.it players, clogging up roster spots

Cincy fans love to overvalue and be nostalgic, even over scrubs like Margus Hunt 

Get over it 

To each his own 
Rewatch the film when he is on the field hes making plays

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - XenoMorph - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 01:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: To each his own 
Rewatch the film when he is on the field hes making plays

he is definately playing better than when first here...

Now that is probly just do to experience. as when we drafted him he had very little football experience he came to the states as a track and field guy and that program got canceled at his college.  and the football coach found him lol... So he just started in college where most of these guys been playing since peewee

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - Yojimbo - 12-22-2020

How’s his pass rush?

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - ochocincos - 12-22-2020

Get over it 

Most Cincy fans actually thought Margus Hunt was terrible FYI.
They wanted him gone before he actually left.
He was only brought back because of injuries, but he seems better now in spot duty than he was the last time he was a Bengal.

(12-22-2020, 01:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Most Cincy fans actually thought Margus Hunt was terrible FYI.
They wanted him gone before he actually left.
He was only brought back because of injuries, but he seems better now in spot duty than he was the last time he was a Bengal.

This. Damn, no one crowned him All Pro, just noted that he's improved some, and made a play here and there. Beat the Stoolers, and people are still griping...lol.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - Wire22Wire - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 01:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: This. Damn, no one crowned him All Pro, just noted that he's improved some, and made a play here and there. Beat the Stoolers, and people are still griping...lol.

He has played in 102 NFL games with 26 starts, and has 8.5 Sacks. 

Lol

If it weren't for our clown organization, he would be out of football right now

(12-22-2020, 01:19 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: He has played in 102 NFL games with 26 starts, and has 8.5 Sacks. 

Lol

If it weren't for our clown organization, he would be out of football right now

He's "a guy". A dude you use to spell a starter here and there. He stuck with Indy a while, Saints picked him up then waived him, we really had no one to turn to at the time. He's gone from awful to "a guy". He's playing interior d line, and "a guy" isn't going to grab a ton of sacks anyway, especially at that position. We are currently fielding "guys" on the interior line due to injury and Covid opt out. He's made some nice plays in the run game here and there, had another one last night on the edge, and blocked a couple passes. You can't ask for much more from a roster filler.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - wildcatnku24 - 12-22-2020

He made a fantastic TFL on a critical third down, I believe. I think as others have mentioned, he was drafted with little football experience but all the physical attributes and more that COULD translate really well. I think what we're seeing now out of him, while not elite or anything, is him not thinking and just playing the game he's now learned. And he's playing it well, all things considered. I hope we keep him on the cheap as a rotational piece.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 12-22-2020

Hunt has been a pleasant surprise. Solid depth piece in my view. Positional versatility. He's flashed more than, say, Kareem.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-22-2020

Get over it 

Go watch the game again. I did and every defensive snap, I watched both DTs.

Margus Hunt played almost every one of his snaps as a DT and he had lots of successful bull rushes preventing Ben from stepping up into the pocket. If you can't accept that he's better than he was last time he was here, then it is you that will need to get over it. He's not going to earn a starters spot but he's not a scrub anymore. He's a veteran that will have a job somewhere next year even if Cincy decides to move on from him when Reader comes back.

I really like Mike Daniels. He wasn't pushed around at all. Looks like a leader before and after the whistle. He's not a cheerleader but he does inspire confidence in his team mates and seems to communicate well with them.
Covington proved he's an NFL DT. Lots of consistent effort and he doesn't get moved off of the ball very easily.
Hunt was a beast. He's not in there on rushing downs very much. Not saying he's our new Wallace Gilberry moving inside on passing downs but he's not far off.
Williams was hit and miss. He provided the pressure to force Ben to throw into coverage on Phillips' second INT drop and made other plays but he got moved around a bit. Lots of effort and energy.
Bledsoe did almost nothing. Unless he improves in the off-season or gets bigger and stronger, he'll be a camp cut next year.

And for the record, all of impactplaya's posts look like he's trying to write in haiku, but doesn't understand the rules.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - hoosierbengal - 12-22-2020

I said before in a thread he seems better now than he used to be. We played him on the outside a lot when he was here. I always felt he was more of a inside guy. We have been using him at DT and he seems ok in that spot. He doesn’t move as well laterally like you need from a defensive end with contain assignments and he is toast in space. Inside is where he can be affective. Glad to see him being used that way. That’s how the Colts used him. He is a big man to move. I think he is a serviceable rotational player on a good Defensive line.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - kalibengal - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 01:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he is definately playing better than when first here...

Now that is probly just do to experience. as when we drafted him he had very little football experience he came to the states as a track and field guy and that program got canceled at his college.  and the football coach found him lol... So he just started in college where most of these guys been playing since peewee

The main difference I noticed is he is being placed more inside DT rather than a DE as prior. This seems to agree with his strengths better and he does seem to pop out every game with a few plays. He also fills that pass batted down role that Dunlap was good at. 

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - WhodeyRay - 12-22-2020

Hunt looks good but Covington is the guy that really impresses me. Not a full time starter but a great rotational guy. Reminds me of Frosty. (Rucker not the snowman)

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - XenoMorph - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 02:34 PM)kalibengal Wrote: The main difference I noticed is he is being placed more inside DT rather than a DE as prior. This seems to agree with his strengths better and he does seem to pop out every game with a few plays. He also fills that pass batted down role that Dunlap was good at. 

i thought we had used him as a DT here too.... i dont think he ever fully got up to speed while here and we ran out of development time.

I remember when he came out we talked about how he would be a good fit for a DT or a DE (in a 3-4) scheme. due to his size.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - fredtoast - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 03:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I remember when he came out we talked about how he would be a good fit for a DT or a DE (in a 3-4) scheme. due to his size.

This.  I always thought Hunt would be a good fit for a 3-4 DE.  

In 2018 he had 5 sacks and 13 TFL for the Colts, but I think he was a 4-3 DE there also.

Do I want him starting for us next year? No.

Would I mind keeping him to play in a rotation?  No.

RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - J24 - 12-22-2020

Let him compete for a spot on the roster come training camp but hopefully we draft a couple of D-Lineman this off-season.