Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Manziel off the Wagon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Manziel off the Wagon (/Thread-Manziel-off-the-Wagon)

Pages: 1 2

Manziel off the Wagon - pally - 10-16-2015

Manziel when pulled over for a traffic violation (speeding and using the shoulder to pass) admitted to drinking though it was determined he was not under the influence. This all stemmed from a fight with his girlfriend who was in the car.

Alcoholism is a tough disease to recover from. I hope he gets back into rehab for reinforcement of coping skills that does not include booze

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/16/pulled-over-by-police-for-domestic-argument-johnny-manziel-admits-to-drinking/

Pulled over by police for domestic argument, Johnny Manziel admits to drinking

Posted by Mike Florio on October 16, 2015, 6:26 PM EDT

Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel has shown tremendous maturity and growth this year, but he apparently is still struggling with the medical condition that arose from a series of personal choices regarding the use of alcohol.

According to newsnet5.com, Manziel was pulled over during an argument with his girlfriend, and he admitted to drinking.

The incident happened on Monday, when a witness called police after Manziel used the shoulder to pass the witness’ car at a high rate of speed. The witness said that Manziel and his girlfriend, Colleen Crowley, were arguing. Crowley, according to the witness, was trying to exit the car.

Police later stopped Manziel, and he and Crowley admitted to drinking earlier in the day. Police determined that the couple was not intoxicated.

According to the report, Crowley said Manziel had pushed her head into a window. Police reportedly noticed an abrasion on Crowley’s arm, but they later determined that the abrasion was from Manziel’s attempt to keep her from getting out of the vehicle while it was on the road.

Crowley did not want to press charges. Whether that’s enough to avoid an investigation and/or discipline from the league is a different issue. The Personal Conduct Policy as revised in 2014 disregards the decisions made by the criminal justice system, with the league conducting its own inquiry. The league’s new sensitivity to domestic violence likely means that an investigation will occur, given the allegation that Manziel pushed Crowley’s head into a window.

Apart from any potential discipline from the league is the apparent relapse with alcohol. Earlier this year, Manziel spent 10 weeks in rehab.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - Trademark - 10-16-2015

Manziel is a low life, pushing his girlfriend's head into a window is pretty low, sad thing is Goodell will probably let him stay in the league since he still let's the low life known as Ray Rice and Greg Hardy still play....I know everyone makes mistakes but a man should never put his hands on a woman....

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - West Union KennyG - 10-16-2015

The Ravens (Browns 1.0) let Rice go. It will be interesting to see what Browns 2.0 do with Johnny Alcohol.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - wildcats forever - 10-17-2015

'Never' is the time a man abuses a woman. Manziel has yet to beat his addiction problem, and now is the time for him to fully commit to doing so. No more football for him until he can function without abusing anyone. I'm sick of this crap continuing in our society.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - grampahol - 10-18-2015

Alcohol has long been the go to excuse for bad behavior. The NFL is no exception. Perhaps it's time for our society to say enough is enough with bad behavior with alcohol, but I don't see it happening. The thing is that if you're going to crucify J Football then crucify everyone who exhibits bad behavior with alcohol, men and women alike, politicians, cops, everyone and not just high profile football players.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - reuben.ahmed - 10-18-2015

So if Manziel wasn't drunk when he pushed her head into the window, what does that say when he is drunk? Browns should cut him immediately and show they have some balls. How many chances do you give someone? Disregarding his average athletic skills at the pro level.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - TSwigZ - 10-19-2015

Why wouldn't the give him the BAC (breathalyzer) test

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - reuben.ahmed - 10-19-2015

Now I hear Manziel had a few drinks, wasn't drunk (did they give him a test)? but his girlfriend was, drunk.

I don't know, this guy is 22, he's a recovering alcoholic (or something), maybe he should try going dry for a year. He doesn't seem to care. I'm surprised (not really) that the Browns still have him on the roster. Maybe we all do stupid things at his age, but how long does someone wait before saying OK this guy is an idiot. 25? This guy is a poor man's RG3 and look where RG3 is, lol.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - SunsetBengal - 10-19-2015

Someone had it right last year, when they coined him "Johnny Fartball"..

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - Nately120 - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Someone had it right last year, when they coined him "Johnny Fartball"..

That was me, but I don't see why my intentionally stupid nickname for him fits this situation.  Was he particularly flatulent during this incident?

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - reuben.ahmed - 10-20-2015

I politely tell my browns fan neighbors here in Cleveland he's Johnny Clipboard.

I have a stereotype against adults who keep their childhood nickname, hard to grow up when you're 50 and still called Johnny.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - McC - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 07:36 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I politely tell my browns fan neighbors here in Cleveland he's Johnny Clipboard.

I have a stereotype against adults who keep their childhood nickname, hard to grow up when you're 50 and still called Johnny.

It worked pretty well for Johnny Carson.  But your point is well made.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - rfaulk34 - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 08:35 AM)McC Wrote: It worked pretty well for Johnny Carson.  But your point is well made.

John Manziel sounds like an old man's name anyway.

P.S. Unitas carried it pretty well too.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - Bengal Dude - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 02:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: John Manziel sounds like an old man's name anyway.

P.S. Unitas carried it pretty well too.

Same with Johnny Cash.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - McC - 10-20-2015

He's trying to stupid himself out of the NFL. He won't be the first or last. He's probably just gotten away with too much for too long, since grade school or whenever he started being a good football player.

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - mallorian69 - 10-21-2015

(10-20-2015, 04:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Same with Johnny Cash.

And Johnny Bench

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - SteelCitySouth - 10-21-2015

(10-21-2015, 09:13 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: And Johnny Bench

Johnny Unitas

Johnny Depp

Johnny Bravo.... Confused

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - rfaulk34 - 10-21-2015

(10-21-2015, 12:42 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Johnny Unitas

Johnny Depp

Johnny Bravo.... Confused

I already said Unitas, ya damn n00b.  Cool

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - SteelCitySouth - 10-21-2015

(10-21-2015, 01:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I already said Unitas, ya damn n00b.  Cool

It ry not to read most of your post's... ThumbsUp

RE: Manziel off the Wagon - kevin - 10-21-2015

This really hurts the Browns bad because they keep drafting these quarterbacks, and they never pan out. Oh, they always get huge ESPN Draft Day coverage and you would think nobody else was picked in the draft.  Tim Couch, Charlie Frye, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Football.....Since the Browns came back after the original Browns moved to Baltimore, Cleveland has been unable to find a quarterback and they change quarterbacks about every season. You can't win that way. Plus they have changed coaches almost as often and have changed a few GMs and changed a few owners.  They just keep going around in circles, never getting anywhere. .......So, all this story means is that the Browns will be drafting a QB once again, as if they don't have other weak areas from drafting QB so much.

There really is something to be said about Andy Dalton drafted and then starting 74 straight regular season and play-off games and taking the Bengals franchise that had only had play-off seasons in back to back seasons once in their history, and guiding the inconsistent Bengals to 4 straight play-off seasons and well on their way to 5 straight with him. ....Trust me, the Browns would love to draft a QB that then starts the next 74 games and takes the Browns to 5 straight play-off seasons....Come to think of it, most teams would love to draft a QB that comes in and does that his first 5 years.