Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coaching props and rants! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Coaching props and rants! (/Thread-Coaching-props-and-rants)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: A little coaching props... - BengalChris - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 11:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Way to go out on a limb this week Chris!  Hilarious

Yeah ... well ... losing to the worst team in the league sorta does that.

I almost posted a thread last week that I was wrong about wanting Taylor gone after last season's debacle and the extra year really did make a huge difference in him becoming a real coach. But, I decided I didn't want to jinks them so wanted to wait until after the Browns' game. Ya know, just to make sure I didn't go out too far on that limb.

Of course, they go and overlook the lowly Jets. Probably the one game that everyone back at the beginning of the season had as the most sure win for the Bengals this year.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - TecmoBengals - 11-02-2021

(10-31-2021, 12:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Zac keeps winning, we might have to be rid of this thread?

It's Zac's fault I made this post.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - PhilHos - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 03:31 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I know you were.  I just personally found it in bad taste.  It's all good bro.

Let's just blame the situation on Zac Taylor. LOL

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Tiger Teeth - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 06:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's just blame the situation on Zac Taylor. LOL

[Image: laughing-laugh.gif]

RE: A little coaching props... - SladeX - 11-02-2021

Clipboards! Crucial coaching prop. Do ours use them? I could be onto something....

Headphones!

RE: A little coaching props... - jason - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 11:29 PM)SladeX Wrote: Clipboards! Crucial coaching prop. Do ours use them? I could be onto something....

Headphones!

I dunno... But I've seen Taylor in a visor before. Pretty snazzy prop.

RE: A little coaching props... - jason - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 04:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah ... well ... losing to the worst team in the league sorta does that.

I almost posted a thread last week that I was wrong about wanting Taylor gone after last season's debacle and the extra year really did make a huge difference in him becoming a real coach. But, I decided I didn't want to jinks them so wanted to wait until after the Browns' game. Ya know, just to make sure I didn't go out too far on that limb.

Of course, they go and overlook the lowly Jets. Probably the one game that everyone back at the beginning of the season had as the most sure win for the Bengals this year.

Honestly this guy didn't fall outta the sky in 2017 or 2018. He's had a career, and the results have mostly been blah at best. Outside of knowing Sean McVey, I really don't know how he got this job. He talks a good game and all, but the results haven't been there. Nobody wanted to make him a coordinator. I've just shut up about him this year because they've been competitive, but I find it hard to believe that this guy figured it out after X amount of years... We'll see.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-03-2021

(11-02-2021, 04:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah ... well ... losing to the worst team in the league sorta does that.

I agree. Losing to the Jets was brutal .....and certainly not a good look. I'm far from sold on these guys, but the intent of this thread initially was to point out some things I see that have improved. I also like some of what I see on offense, but I think he should give up the playcalling. I also like how the team plays together, and a few other things, but losing to the Jets kinda puts a kabash on those. They better beat the Browns, or it could potentially undo the good.

RE: A little coaching props... - BengalChris - 11-03-2021

(11-03-2021, 12:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree. Losing to the Jets was brutal .....and certainly not a good look. I'm far from sold on these guys, but the intent of this thread initially was to point out some things I see that have improved. I also like some of what I see on offense, but I think he should give up the playcalling. I also like how the team plays together, and a few other things, but losing to the Jets kinda puts a kabash on those. They better beat the Browns, or it could potentially undo the good.

Things have definitely improved with the coaching staff. There's really no doubt about that.

Having a winning record and beating the Ravens are two accomplishments Zac and his boys hadn't done before. So that has to be acknowledged.

RE: A little coaching props... - SladeX - 11-03-2021

(11-02-2021, 11:40 PM)jason Wrote: I dunno... But I've seen Taylor in a visor before. Pretty snazzy prop.

These things are critical if you're going to play a coach on TV...

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-03-2021

(11-03-2021, 02:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Things have definitely improved with the coaching staff. There's really no doubt about that.

Having a winning record and beating the Ravens are two accomplishments Zac and his boys hadn't done before. So that has to be acknowledged.

Yessir, but they gotta finish, and hold all of that together. Sunday honestly looked like a team that was looking ahead, and maybe read their own press. Defensive scheme was vanilla, and they didn't adjust, but 15 missed tackles is absurd. Offense really needed to get the run game going. It did not. It should have against the 1-5 Jets. We'll see how they respond, but Sunday was just not very good.

RE: A little coaching props... - SladeX - 11-03-2021

In all seriousness, watching the replay, ADG looked in over his head in the 4th quarter,. Also, seems like they could have jammed the receivers... .

RE: A little coaching props... - HarleyDog - 11-03-2021

(11-03-2021, 07:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yessir, but they gotta finish, and hold all of that together. Sunday honestly looked like a team that was looking ahead, and maybe read their own press. Defensive scheme was vanilla, and they didn't adjust, but 15 missed tackles is absurd. Offense really needed to get the run game going. It did not. It should have against the 1-5 Jets. We'll see how they respond, but Sunday was just not very good.

Sunday was very disappointing to watch. How they respond will tell us how they're doing. Good post Wyche.

RE: A little coaching props... - PhilHos - 11-04-2021

(11-03-2021, 08:11 PM)SladeX Wrote: In all seriousness, watching the replay, ADG looked in over his head in the 4th quarter,. Also, seems like they could have jammed the receivers... .

Unless you work for the Bengals, why on God's green Earth did you re-watch the game?

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-04-2021

(11-03-2021, 08:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sunday was very disappointing to watch. How they respond will tell us how they're doing. Good post Wyche.

Thanks Harley....and the response is key here. I think it'll be good, at least I hope. I'm not a ZT homer at all, but I try to look at things objectively. They have done some really good things this season, especially cleaning up penalties. So, while I'll give em props on some things, I'm not gonna overlook the bad either. Sunday had some good points, they just didn't outweigh the bad. I did like Zac's response though....he said sometimes a unit just has a bad day, and it's up to the other two to carry them and make up for it. He plainly said the offense didn't do enough to cover the shortcomings, and said the defense had bailed out the offense a couple of times already. 

RE: A little coaching props... - SladeX - 11-05-2021

(11-04-2021, 09:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Unless you work for the Bengals, why on God's green Earth did you re-watch the game?

I didn't get to see the game live. It was on, I was curious what went wrong. Tuned in at the end of the 3rd quarter.  Had to leave before "the call"...

RE: A little coaching props... - Watersider - 11-05-2021

The big test will be how they handle other teams' offense now that the Jets have given teams a blue print of how to do it with fast short passing game. Bears were also having success with that before Dalton got injured.

I think Taylor and the offense are still figuring things out and can improve, I think all of that is put under increased pressure if the defense can't maintain their excellent performances.

RE: A little coaching props... - rfaulk34 - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 06:20 AM)Watersider Wrote: The big test will be how they handle other teams' offense now that the Jets have given teams a blue print of how to do it with fast short passing game. Bears were also having success with that before Dalton got injured.

I think Taylor and the offense are still figuring things out and can improve, I think all of that is put under increased pressure if the defense can't maintain their excellent performances.

That's like the 10th time i've seen that this week. 

There was no "blueprint" that the Jets showed. They simply kept throwing the ball short and getting YAC, plus the Bengals were horrific at tackling. They're not going to come out and do the same thing 2 weeks in a row. 

RE: A little coaching props... - Nicomo Cosca - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 09:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's like the 10th time i've seen that this week. 

There was no "blueprint" that the Jets showed. They simply kept throwing the ball short and getting YAC, plus the Bengals were horrific at tackling. They're not going to come out and do the same thing 2 weeks in a row. 

Yeah, it’s very unlikely they’ll have 15 missed tackles every week. Logan Wilson in particular had the worst game of his career. He’ll bounce back.

RE: A little coaching props... - Watersider - 11-06-2021

(11-05-2021, 09:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's like the 10th time i've seen that this week. 

I'd say doing something repeatedly that the opposing team can't stop is a bit of a blue print, particularly when there's already precedent for it in earlier games. Glad you're confident but I'd like to see the next few games before I start feeling so sure. 

I'm still getting used to the idea of us maybe being good, not necessarily expecting things will magically get solved. In fact, I'm still scarred by years of TEs being open down the middle and still can't believe we're actually defending TEs quite well.