Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coaching props and rants! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Coaching props and rants! (/Thread-Coaching-props-and-rants)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: A little coaching props... - rfaulk34 - 11-06-2021

(11-06-2021, 07:10 AM)Watersider Wrote: I'd say doing something repeatedly that the opposing team can't stop is a bit of a blue print, particularly when there's already precedent for it in earlier games. Glad you're confident but I'd like to see the next few games before I start feeling so sure. 

I'm still getting used to the idea of us maybe being good, not necessarily expecting things will magically get solved. In fact, I'm still scarred by years of TEs being open down the middle and still can't believe we're actually defending TEs quite well.

That's the key. I don't think it was something the Bengals couldn't stop. I just think they had a bad plan, never really adjusted, weren't focused and were really bad at tackling. Also, Sled posted the numbers for teams playing their 3rd road game in a row. Those numbers are not good. 

It was the perfect storm. The Bengals coming off a huge win in Baltimore, the Jets coming off an embarrassing loss to New England, playing at home against a team in their 3rd consecutive road game. 

Half way through the season and short of the Jets and Bears, the defense has played very well. I just don't see the need for negativity and doubt as healthy as they are and what they've shown so far this year. 

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-06-2021

(11-06-2021, 09:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's the key. I don't think it was something the Bengals couldn't stop. I just think they had a bad plan, never really adjusted, weren't focused and were really bad at tackling. Also, Sled posted the numbers for teams playing their 3rd road game in a row. Those numbers are not good. 

It was the perfect storm. The Bengals coming off a huge win in Baltimore, the Jets coming off an embarrassing loss to New England, playing at home against a team in their 3rd consecutive road game. 

Half way through the season and short of the Jets and Bears, the defense has played very well. I just don't see the need for negativity and doubt as healthy as they are and what they've shown so far this year. 

After finally watching every down today.....the tackling was absolutely pathetic. There was a blown/bad coverage here and there, but the tackling REALLY caused the defense most of its problems. They just couldn't get off the field, and it was usually a missed tackle for 1st downs.

Also, Joe needs to clean up those 4th qtr INTs. 

RE: A little coaching props... - M.W. - 11-07-2021

(11-05-2021, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, it’s very unlikely they’ll have 15 missed tackles every week. Logan Wilson in particular had the worst game of his career. He’ll bounce back.

They played over confidently.  It was disgusting to watch but yes, Logan Wilson (and the entire D) is better than that.

RE: A little coaching props... - jason - 11-07-2021

(11-06-2021, 08:31 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: After finally watching every down today.....the tackling was absolutely pathetic. There was a blown/bad coverage here and there, but the tackling REALLY caused the defense most of its problems. They just couldn't get off the field, and it was usually a missed tackle for 1st downs.

Also, Joe needs to clean up those 4th qtr INTs. 

The bad tackling continued in week 9, and is now a trend. They got off the field today though... Because Cleveland marched down the field on 1st and 2nd downs all damn day. The D line isn't disruptive anymore. Logan Wilson is MIA. Awuzie looks like just the guy he was in Dallas (inconsistent at best). The players played like poo today, and the coaching staff didn't do em any favors. 5-2 is starting to feel like smoke and mirrors. Hopefully they're looking in the mirror over the bye week.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-08-2021

(11-07-2021, 11:15 PM)jason Wrote: The bad tackling continued in week 9, and is now a trend. They got off the field today though... Because Cleveland marched down the field on 1st and 2nd downs all damn day. The D line isn't disruptive anymore. Logan Wilson is MIA. Awuzie looks like just the guy he was in Dallas (inconsistent at best). The players played like poo today, and the coaching staff didn't do em any favors. 5-2 is starting to feel like smoke and mirrors. Hopefully they're looking in the mirror over the bye week.

I noticed the LBs got torched yesterday more than anything. Also, Burrow was not very good yesterday. The picks were bad, but you're telling me Tyler Boyd wasn't open until the 4th quarter? He's fixated on the big play too much. They gave us the underneath and 9 didn't take it. Also, Chase was terrible yesterday. If that's Andy Dalton out there yesterday, we aren't blaming offensive coaches, not that you were, but I've seen it elsewhere. Cleveland is too good to turn it over three times against. Their Dline is better than our oline, and our Dline against their oline is about a push.

RE: A little coaching props... - Murdock2420 - 11-09-2021

(11-08-2021, 08:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: I noticed the LBs got torched yesterday more than anything. Also, Burrow was not very good yesterday. The picks were bad, but you're telling me Tyler Boyd wasn't open until the 4th quarter? He's fixated on the big play too much. They gave us the underneath and 9 didn't take it. Also, Chase was terrible yesterday. If that's Andy Dalton out there yesterday, we aren't blaming offensive coaches, not that you were, but I've seen it elsewhere. Cleveland is too good to turn it over three times against. Their Dline is better than our oline, and our Dline against their oline is about a push.

Honestly, outside of some hard running from Mixon there is very little that was a good look from the Cleveland game. Burrow was inaccurate, Chase with multiple drops and a fumble, Higgins with a bad TD drop and a second contested catch he should make, Boyd not being used, defense not tackling, just an ugly look all around.

Do have a reason to finally give Drew Sample some love though, since he caught a few balls but most of all he was one of only 3 guys making an effort to stop the 99 yard pick six. Had Burrow, a member of the OL and then Sample running like hell to try and catch him from behind.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-10-2021

(11-09-2021, 04:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Honestly, outside of some hard running from Mixon there is very little that was a good look from the Cleveland game. Burrow was inaccurate, Chase with multiple drops and a fumble, Higgins with a bad TD drop and a second contested catch he should make, Boyd not being used, defense not tackling, just an ugly look all around.

Do have a reason to finally give Drew Sample some love though, since he caught a few balls but most of all he was one of only 3 guys making an effort to stop the 99 yard pick six. Had Burrow, a member of the OL and then Sample running like hell to try and catch him from behind.

You ain't wrong.....

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - bfine32 - 11-10-2021

Calling a good thing a good thing

Inflation

Yellowstone being on Peacock instead of Netflix

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Awful Llama - 11-10-2021

Every time this happens:

[Image: DOG-DRAGGING-HIS-BUTT.gif]

RE: A little coaching props... - Nicomo Cosca - 11-22-2021

Credit when it’s due.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-23-2021

(11-22-2021, 04:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Credit when it’s due.

It really has been a recurring theme. I think it's two fold.....some coaching, as well as the type of cerebral players they have intentionally sought to fill this roster with.

RE: A little coaching props... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-24-2021

(11-22-2021, 04:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Credit when it’s due.

(11-23-2021, 02:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: It really has been a recurring theme. I think it's two fold.....some coaching, as well as the type of cerebral players they have intentionally sought to fill this roster with.

No doubt need to give props to the coaches for this. Bad Penalties can lose you games and we aren't shooting ourselves 
in the foot like we used to.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - jason - 11-28-2021

His family of 6 leaves a big carbon footprint.

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-29-2021

Welp, the Stoolers tried to goad us into a couple of personal foul penalties, but this disciplined version of the Fighting Who Deys would have none of it. Big credit to Awuzie for stopping Phillips after the trash move by Claypool. These guys don't care about that baggage.

RE: A little coaching props... - Essex Johnson - 11-29-2021

Taylor is totally trending for an extension, what he is doing this year in the Conference 3-1 with sweep of Pittsburgh and away win at Baltimore, if he can finish 5-1 to 4-2 in the division that will pretty much lead to extension .

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Awful Llama - 11-29-2021

Pig Ben having this look all day yesterday:

[Image: AFC-North-Changes-of-Guard-Cincinnati-Be...1296&ssl=1]

RE: A little coaching props... - jason - 11-29-2021

(11-22-2021, 04:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Credit when it’s due.

Not having Bobby Hart and Redmond false starting all over the place helps a lot. Trey Hill has been a problem child in the penalty department, but luckily he's seen minimal snaps.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - rfaulk34 - 11-29-2021

Plate tectonics.

(11-29-2021, 02:34 PM)jason Wrote: Not having Bobby Hart and Redmond false starting all over the place helps a lot. Trey Hill has been a problem child in the penalty department, but luckily he's seen minimal snaps.

For sure....or DreK back there getting PI after PI, or guys getting silly after the whistle stuff. It seems targeting team captains is better than getting reclamation head cases off the scrap pile. Who knew? Ninja

(11-29-2021, 02:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Taylor is totally trending for an extension, what he is doing this year in the Conference 3-1 with sweep of Pittsburgh and away win at Baltimore, if he can finish 5-1 to 4-2 in the division that will pretty much lead to extension .

5-1 definitely wins this division, 4-2 might.