Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coaching props and rants! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Coaching props and rants! (/Thread-Coaching-props-and-rants)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Big_Ern - 12-26-2021

All those needless hits on Burrow and Mixon late in today's game. Really foolish

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - OUatown - 12-26-2021

(12-26-2021, 06:29 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: All those needless hits on Burrow and Mixon late in today's game. Really foolish

Agree…….. What was the point of all that?

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - bfine32 - 12-26-2021

Making Baltimore our bytch

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - M.W. - 12-27-2021

(12-26-2021, 06:29 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: All those needless hits on Burrow and Mixon late in today's game.   Really foolish

That was exactly what I was thinking. If you aren't chasing records why risk your best players late in a blow out?

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Interceptor - 12-27-2021

Imma just make it simple and blame Zac for everything this season from the putrid losses against 3rd stringers to the *****-slappin' wins over teams that got away with bullshit in the past.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - basballguy - 01-02-2022

(12-20-2021, 03:06 AM)basballguy Wrote: i probably put myself in the top 5% of pessimistic and cynical Bengals fans....with that said, I do enjoy seeing adjustments being made at halftime....something I hadn't experienced in decades.

I'm quoting myself here......28 points in first half...3 points in the second half.  I know it takes more than just ZT to make adjustments but i'm very appreciative of the difference here today.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - rfaulk34 - 01-02-2022

AFC North Champs. 

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - J24 - 01-02-2022

Winning the AFC North!

RE: A little coaching props... - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-02-2022

From 2-14 to division champs in two seasons. Clinch the division over the best team in the conference. This rag tag staff went toe to toe with a couple of the best in Andy Reid and Spags.....and won. I'd say we can officially give these guys their just props. The lack of penalties carried throughout the season.

RE: A little coaching props... - LSUfaninTN - 01-02-2022

Meh. That game was won by Burrow and Chase.

Reminds me of how those guys made Joe Brady and Ed Orgeron look like geniuses. Most of us wanted to give a lifetime contract to coach O and then he was exposed when he lost Burrow and Chase and Jefferson. Orgeron had no idea what he’s doing.

I’m not saying Taylor is as clueless as Orgeron but I can’t give him props for this game. That was won solely by Burrow and Chase’s chemistry and Chase pulling catches out of his ass.

(01-02-2022, 07:35 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Meh. That game was won by Burrow and Chase.

Reminds me of how those guys made Joe Brady and Ed Orgeron look like geniuses. Most of us wanted to give a lifetime contract to coach O and then he was exposed when he lost Burrow and Chase and Jefferson. Orgeron had no idea what he’s doing.

I’m not saying Taylor is as clueless as Orgeron but I can’t give him props for this game. That was won solely by Burrow and Chase’s chemistry and Chase pulling catches out of his ass.

This thread was started weeks ago. It's not just about this game in particular. 

Joe and Chase didn't shutdown the Lamar Jackson show a few weeks ago. They haven't taken this team from heavily penalized to least penalized in the league. When they were off, the staff turned to Joe Mixon, and it worked.

You're forgetting that someone had to dial up the aggressive playcalls to even be in the game with KC. He's certainly better than Orgeron, who was "exposed" when he lost some players *and* staff.

RE: A little coaching props... - LSUfaninTN - 01-02-2022

(01-02-2022, 07:43 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: This thread was started weeks ago. It's not just about this game in particular. 

Joe and Chase didn't shutdown the Lamar Jackson show a few weeks ago. They haven't taken this team from heavily penalized to least penalized in the league. When they were off, the staff turned to Joe Mixon, and it worked.

You're forgetting that someone had to dial up the aggressive playcalls to even be in the game with KC. He's certainly better than Orgeron, who was "exposed" when he lost some players *and* staff.

Arghhhhh.. my bad you guys! I didn’t know. And to be honest these threads are super long compared to what I’m used to at TD.com.

My bad!!

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - LSUfaninTN - 01-02-2022

(12-20-2021, 01:24 AM)OUatown Wrote: He isn’t the reason they won today! Glad they did.

He is slightly more competent than Orgeron. This season reminds me of that season so much but the stakes are higher and the competition is more fierce. Several games he was bailed out by Burrow and Chase having magnificent chemistry. Sad thing is he will be around for a while. Need a good offensive line. Y’all can win in spite of his inadequacy.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - NotBigzo - 01-02-2022

I can't find my car keys.

**** you Zac

RE: A little coaching props... - bengalfan74 - 01-02-2022

I've got to eat some Zac Taylor crow.

Back in the preseason I was hoping for 9 wins but figured that was a pipe dream. I figured 6-7 would be flying and really thought 4-5 wasn't out of the question.

But he's swept the Steelers, swept the Ravens, took the Packers down to the wire and just beat the Chiefs. If you're gonna blame him for the loses you have to give him credit for the wins.

The Jets game pissed me off as did the Bears but hey every good team in the NFL has laid a couple eggs or more this year. We probably have a good chance at 49ers game if butterfingers wasn't punt returner.

At any rate I'll take a serving of crow.

RE: A little coaching props... - rfaulk34 - 01-02-2022

(01-02-2022, 09:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've got to eat some Zac Taylor crow.

Back in the preseason I was hoping for 9 wins but figured that was a pipe dream. I figured 6-7 would be flying and really thought 4-5 wasn't out of the question.

But he's swept the Steelers, swept the Ravens, took the Packers down to the wire and just beat the Chiefs. If you're gonna blame him for the loses you have to give him credit for the wins.

The Jets game pissed me off as did the Bears but hey every good team in the NFL has laid a couple eggs or more this year. We probably have a good chance at 49ers game if butterfingers wasn't punt returner.

I just wish i could find that thread where 'holic asked how we saw the season ending. Did complete w/l for all the remaining games. I'm pretty sure i predicted "the other 3" would all finish around .500

RE: A little coaching props... - TecmoBengals - 01-02-2022

You must be my Bengals soulmate because I had the same preseason thoughts--I probably liked some of your posts expressing your skepticism. Anyhow, here I am in the same situation as you. Give me a big 'ole serving of crow!

RE: A little coaching props... - bengalfan74 - 01-02-2022

(01-02-2022, 09:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just wish i could find that thread where 'holic asked how we saw the season ending. Did complete w/l for all the remaining games. I'm pretty sure i predicted "the other 3" would all finish around .500

I figured the Ravens would be much better than they've been but I'm not surprised much by Steelers/Browns. Hayfield just isn't that good and I figured PIg Ben was finished.

(01-02-2022, 08:18 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Arghhhhh.. my bad you guys! I didn’t know. And to be honest these threads are super long compared to what I’m used to at TD.com.

My bad!!

No prob my man, welcome to the board. This is a "sticky" thread, along with one on Ja'Marr, and one blaming Zac for everything, lol. I created this thread to counter all of the negativity surrounding the staff at the time, and the mods made it a sticky.

I think the three straight INTs cost us the Bears game. The NYJ game was definitely a WTF moment regarding the coaches. Butterfingers cost us SF, and coming out flat against LA was likely on the staff. 

Hey, we're all eating crow. I felt like 7 wins was a pretty good bet, with 9 wins being the absolute ceiling coming into the season. I didn't think they'd do worse than 7 or 8 wins, but kinda felt like that was their potential.

Then I started noticing things....like games with zero penalties, better tackling fundamentals (most games), run contain, disciplined gap integrity on defense, and other small things that largely go unnoticed. That's around the time I created this thread. Wink