Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coaching props and rants! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Coaching props and rants! (/Thread-Coaching-props-and-rants)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - leonardfan40 - 01-16-2022

Things that are Zac's fault: the Bengals finally winning a playoff game!

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - magikod - 01-16-2022

(01-16-2022, 12:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Things that are Zac's fault: the Bengals finally winning a playoff game!

SOO TRUE!!!

Marvin Lewis couldn't pull this off in how many freakin' years? 

Zac has the team behind him, putting in the effort each and every week you can tell.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - reuben.ahmed - 01-16-2022

(01-16-2022, 04:04 AM)magikod Wrote: SOO TRUE!!!

Marvin Lewis couldn't pull this off in how many freakin' years? 

Zac has the team behind him, putting in the effort each and every week you can tell.

marvin had andy dalton as QB though lol. dalton is probably at least 2 "tiers" below burrow.

we also had palmer of course....but even carson is probably 1 tier below burrow.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - M.W. - 01-16-2022

(01-14-2022, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: M.W. will henceforth be known as Poopy Fingers.

Can we go with stinky pinky?

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - jason - 01-16-2022

(01-14-2022, 05:21 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The hangover I'm gonna have Sunday morning is Zach's fault. Cheers

It's even worse than I expected it to be.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - LSUfaninTN - 01-16-2022

(01-15-2022, 11:08 PM)Wyche Wrote:  You're disappointed in him after our first playoff win in 30 years? LoL, wow.

I get that it’s weird, and partially I agree that it’s a weird thing for me to say, but Zac Taylor did a LOT for the Bengals to be in position to lose that game, just, the Raiders did more. That shit won’t fly again.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Soonerpeace - 01-16-2022

(01-16-2022, 02:40 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I get that it’s weird, and partially I agree that it’s a weird thing for me to say, but Zac Taylor did a LOT for the Bengals to be in position to lose that game, just, the Raiders did more. That shit won’t fly again.

It’s more than weird.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - rfaulk34 - 01-16-2022

(01-16-2022, 02:40 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I get that it’s weird, and partially I agree that it’s a weird thing for me to say, but Zac Taylor did a LOT for the Bengals to be in position to lose that game, just, the Raiders did more. That shit won’t fly again.

I just don't get this thinking...

Burrow had about the same number of passing yards by halftime, as he did in the full game @LV. The game plan was very good, Burrow was patient and they moved the ball and scored on multiple drives. Didn't covert enough in RedZone considering how bad LV is there, but that wasn't on Zac. The line pass protected much better than people thought but they weren't very good run blocking. That wasn't on Zac. Mixon went down seemingly way too easily for the type of runner he's supposed to be. That wasn't on Zac. 

He did the right thing on the last FG and i'd agree he was a little bit conservative on 1st down on the final drive. 

I didn't see one glaring instance of Zac screwing up and they got very good to solid contributions from their QB, Uzo, Chase and the D as a whole, especially after 3 key guys went down with injury. 

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - Shake n Blake - 01-16-2022

(01-16-2022, 08:30 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: marvin had andy dalton as QB though lol. dalton is probably at least 2 "tiers" below burrow.

we also had palmer of course....but even carson is probably 1 tier below burrow.

More like Dalton was stuck with Merv as his coach.

I've yet to see how Dalton would fare in the playoffs without Merv, but we saw Merv in the playoffs with 3 other QBs (0-3 record, all had 68 rating or less).

A laundry list of players disappeared in the playoffs under Merv, yet the only player people mention is Andy...who didn't even play half the playoff games. LOL

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - QueenCity - 01-16-2022

Zac Taylor earned a very long leash with me after breaking the curse. However what he did after the game going to the bars giving the game balls to the fans... nothing short of legendary.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - magikod - 01-17-2022

(01-16-2022, 04:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: More like Dalton was stuck with Merv as his coach.

I've yet to see how Dalton would fare in the playoffs without Merv, but we saw Merv in the playoffs with 3 other QBs (0-3 record, all had 68 rating or less).

A laundry list of players disappeared in the playoffs under Merv, yet the only player people mention is Andy...who didn't even play half the playoff games. LOL

Yeah, I sure do miss Marvin Lewis' crucial game changing half-time adjustments. 

Then there's: We are up buy 1 TD at halftime. Time to just run the ball and eat clock the whole second half.

Brought to you buy, Marvin Lewis: the definition of a mediocre NFL coach who has no emotions on the sidelines.

Hilarious

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - MikeJones561 - 01-17-2022

Titans fan here, question for you guys. What do you as a fan base think of Zac as a HC? I hear alot of the fan base wasnt happy with him prior to this playoff win. Whats your guys take?

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - jason - 01-18-2022

(01-17-2022, 11:36 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Titans fan here, question for you guys. What do you as a fan base think of Zac as a HC? I hear alot of the fan base wasnt happy with him prior to this playoff win. Whats your guys take?

I can only speak for myself.

I didn't know much about him when he was the hot candidate. They hired him, he talked a good game, and seemed the polar opposite of our previous coach. He struggled early on. We can make excuses all day, but it's absolutely true. I honestly still don't know what to make of him. He's a good enough coach that when you gift him with a LT, and 2 top five picks, he can have some success.

Fun fact; I actually saw you guys' head coach brat the hell outta somebody outside of a bar called Not Al's when I was in college.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - MikeJones561 - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 12:25 AM)jason Wrote: I can only speak for myself.

I didn't know much about him when he was the hot candidate. They hired him, he talked a good game, and seemed the polar opposite of our previous coach. He struggled early on. We can make excuses all day, but it's absolutely true. I honestly still don't know what to make of him. He's a good enough coach that when you gift him with a LT, and 2 top five picks, he can have some success.

Fun fact; I actually saw you guys' head coach brat the hell outta somebody outside of a bar called Not Al's when I was in college.

How is he in game? Do you trust his judgment or in game adjustments? Is he a schemer or more know for leadership? 

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - rfaulk34 - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 12:49 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: How is he in game? Do you trust his judgment or in game adjustments? Is he a schemer or more know for leadership? 

He's a schemer and an analytics guy. He's gotten better as the season has gone on with play calling. Still working on when to be aggressive and when to tone it down.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - PhilHos - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 12:49 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: How is he in game? Do you trust his judgment or in game adjustments? Is he a schemer or more know for leadership? 

Dude is EXCELLENT at making halftime adjustments. 

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - magikod - 01-18-2022

Things that are Zac's fault: Bengals fans easily forgetting about Marvin Lewis.

[Image: OhsocheapoandCoachGiggles.jpg]

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - MikeJones561 - 01-18-2022

OK so with a good core of young players you also have a coach who also is good at adjustments, an underrated aspect for a coach. Sounds like u guys are set to run the North for awhile. I like to learn about everybody's team so I know more. Nothing worse when people only listen to ESPN which only likes to focus on like 5 teams.and ignore the others.

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - magikod - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 03:39 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: OK so with a good core of young players you also have a coach who also is good at adjustments, an underrated aspect for a coach. Sounds like u guys are set to run the North for awhile. I like to learn about everybody's team so I know more. Nothing worse when people only listen to ESPN which only likes to focus on like 5 teams.and ignore the others.

What team do you root for if not the Bengals? I'm confused.  Who Dey

RE: Things that are Zac's fault - rfaulk34 - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 04:30 PM)magikod Wrote: What team do you root for if not the Bengals? I'm confused.  Who Dey

He's a Titans fan. Just stopping in for the week.