Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Would you trade Burrow for Watson (/Thread-Would-you-trade-Burrow-for-Watson)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - PDub80 - 02-06-2021

(02-05-2021, 03:17 PM)jason Wrote: Weren't the Texans up 24 - 0 against the Chiefs in the playoffs lady year? The Texans have been mediocre at best for years, and Watson had them in the hunt. The dude's pretty good.

Yeah, but then they lost.

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - bfine32 - 02-06-2021

(02-05-2021, 03:17 PM)jason Wrote: Weren't the Texans up 24 - 0 against the Chiefs in the playoffs lady year? The Texans have been mediocre at best for years, and Watson had them in the hunt. The dude's pretty good.

Yep.

Mr "Low Ceiling" passed for 388 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs. He also ran for another TD.

It is possible to be happy with JB, while also realizing there are other QBs out there that might be better. 

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - jason - 02-06-2021

(02-06-2021, 10:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep.

Mr "Low Ceiling" passed for 388 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs. He also ran for another TD.

It is possible to be happy with JB, while also realizing there are other QBs out there that might be better. 

Maybe the ceiling just seems low.... Because the floor is so high?

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Headless Horseman - 02-09-2021

(02-05-2021, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Watson just had a near MVP season at age 25.  I think you may be downplaying how good he is. 

Low ceiling on Watson?  Are you the GM of the Chicago Bears, by chance?

He won 4 games. Four. That isn't even close to an MVP season. Again, he is the new Tony Romo, he puts up top 10 numbers while losing games. 

If I were GM of the Bears they would be in the SB as I would have drafted Mahommes, not Trubisky or DeShaun Romo. 

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Nicomo Cosca - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 10:45 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: He won 4 games. Four. That isn't even close to an MVP season. Again, he is the new Tony Romo, he puts up top 10 numbers while losing games. 

If I were GM of the Bears they would be in the SB as I would have drafted Mahommes, not Trubisky or DeShaun Romo. 

Props to you if you knew what Mahomes was going to be. Not many did. I would have taken Watson.

(02-06-2021, 11:21 AM)jason Wrote: Maybe the ceiling just seems low.... Because the floor is so high?

Now keep in mind Toasty used to run around saying Palmer was better than Tom Brady, so....

Anyways, neither DeShaun Romos floor or ceiling are very high. He is a media creation..

(02-09-2021, 10:48 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: Now keep in mind Toasty used to run around saying Palmer was better than Tom Brady, so....

Anyways, neither DeShaun Romos floor or ceiling are very high. He is a media creation..

This is a really bad take. Dude is probably the 2nd best QB in the league right now. The ceiling only gets one level higher than that...

(02-09-2021, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Props to you if you knew what Mahomes was going to be. Not many did. I would have taken Watson.

Not that I knew but more so his tape was off the charts. At full potential you were getting Peyton Manning bred with Big Ben, if he fell to his floor you were getting Palmer or Philip Rivers.

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - KillerGoose - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 10:45 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: He won 4 games. Four. That isn't even close to an MVP season. Again, he is the new Tony Romo, he puts up top 10 numbers while losing games. 

Watson has led the Texans to two divisional titles and won a playoff game in his four years there. The Texans fell apart this season due to Clowney and Hopkins being shipped out along with their defense being complete garbage. That really isn’t on Watson.

(02-09-2021, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is a really bad take. Dude is probably the 2nd best QB in the league right now. The ceiling only gets one level higher than that...

Dudes nowhere close to being in the top 5 much less top two. Putting aside the media bullshit you have to ask. 

Does he command his team? No. 

Does he make those around him better? No. 

Is he a game changer? Nope, as we seen. 

Can he carry an offense? Again nope, he had to be carried his one good season, before he shit the bed in the playoffs. 

Skills wise he is great at padding his stats and great at protecting his stats. Like Tony Romo. 

He is also a malcontent and me first diva. 

No one in the NFL is taking Watson over Brady or Mahommes or Allen or LaMar, Wilson, Murray or even Mayfield. 

(02-09-2021, 10:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Watson has led the Texans to two divisional titles and won a playoff game in his four years there. The Texans fell apart this season due to Clowney and Hopkins being shipped out along with their defense being complete garbage. That really isn’t on Watson.

Watson was carried by the Defense. Sucks for all his nutriders but facts are facts. The Defense went bye bye and he needed to step up and carry the Texans. Instead he shit the bed and won 4 games.

(02-09-2021, 10:55 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: Dudes nowhere close to being in the top 5 much less top two. Putting aside the media bullshit you have to ask. 

Can he carry an offense? Again nope, he had to be carried his one good season, before he shit the bed in the playoffs. 

Skills wise he is great at padding his stats and great at protecting his stats. Like Tony Romo. 

No one in the NFL is taking Watson over Brady or Mahommes or Allen or LaMar, Wilson, Murray or even Mayfield. 

Ok

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - jason - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Props to you if you knew what Mahomes was going to be. Not many did. I would have taken Watson.

I drafted Mahomes in my fantasy league prior to his second season (first as a starter). That's gotta count for something. I got him late too. I'd seen him in preseason the year before, and was impressed. Still didn't know he was gonna be what he is though.

(02-09-2021, 10:55 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: Dudes nowhere close to being in the top 5 much less top two. Putting aside the media bullshit you have to ask. 

Lol at the idea of Brady playin' for the 2020 Texans. Cleveland would trade Baker, Beckham, and at least a 1st for Watson right now.

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - KillerGoose - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 10:56 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: Watson was carried by the Defense. Sucks for all his nutriders but facts are facts. The Defense went bye bye and he needed to step up and carry the Texans. Instead he shit the bed and won 4 games.

The Texans had the 19th ranked defense, gave up the 4th most touchdown passes, 8th most rushing yards and gave up the 6th worst YPC. If you think that is being carried by the defense, then okay.

(02-09-2021, 11:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Texans had the 19th ranked defense, gave up the 4th most touchdown passes, 8th most rushing yards and gave up the 6th worst YPC. If you think that is being carried by the defense, then okay.

They haven't been very good on defense since Watson's been a starter.

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - bengalfan74 - 02-10-2021

(02-09-2021, 10:55 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: No one in the NFL is taking Watson over Brady or Mahommes or Allen or LaMar, Wilson, Murray or even Mayfield. 

HUH ?

No way I'd take Mayfield over Watson. No way I'd take Jackson over Watson. 43 year old Brady over over Watson ? nope. 

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Nicomo Cosca - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 01:20 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: HUH ?

No way I'd take Mayfield over Watson. No way I'd take Jackson over Watson. 43 year old Brady over over Watson ? nope. 

Yeah, that was definitely one of the spicier takes I’ve seen on here in a while.

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Nately120 - 02-10-2021

(02-09-2021, 10:45 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: He won 4 games. Four. That isn't even close to an MVP season. Again, he is the new Tony Romo, he puts up top 10 numbers while losing games. 

Yes he played out of his mind and won 4 games.  That's why he wants out of Houston.  Also, Burrow won 2 games.  You'd rather have Trubisky or Tua than Burrow?

RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Headless Horseman - 02-10-2021

(02-09-2021, 11:12 PM)jason Wrote: Lol at the idea of Brady playin' for the 2020 Texans. Cleveland would trade Baker, Beckham, and at least a 1st for Watson right now.

LOL right, oh shit wait, Brady just won a Super Bowl. #7. Yeah, definitely taking a mediocre 4 win QB over Mr. Superbowl Sunday. 

Meanwhile Mayfield elevated his team to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years and won their first playoff game since 1994 but yeah, Cleveland would trade the **** out of him for a mediocre 4 win QB with a shit  attitude. 

Meanwhile, back in the real World......