Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? (/Thread-Opinion-DeSantis-2024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Stewy - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 12:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure equal and free medical treatment for all will be real popular in this country.  Ninja

But to bring this back to the main point, why is DeSantis ok with his voter-base dying off?  It just doesn't make sense. 

As long as they keep believing his lies and voting for him, why should he care if they die?

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - treee - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 03:09 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Do you know what a breakthrough case is? It's when a vaccinated person gets covid, which is currently happening at a very rapid rate. We all know the vaccines help fight off severe symptoms, no one is disputing that at this point, but there are a lot more treatments for covid beyond the vaccines that can save lives, and the raw data coming out every single day is proving that natural immunity is far more effective than vaccine immunity. 

But the important thing is that we should all have choices to either get vaccinated or not. No one "needs" vaccinated if there are treatments that can save their lives and natural immunity is better. Choices are good to have, except for people who like to force things on others of course. They may not want people to have choices, but I am not one of them. We should be using everything we have to save lives whether its vaccines or treatments for active cases. Either way if it saves lives it good, and its good to have choices. 

Now I know some folks in my personal life are so hell bent on everyone being vaccinated that they want it forced on people, and they close their minds off to other options and wont even listen. I would never want to be like them. I cant imagine what would make a person that way honestly.  

A person who is vaccinated but still gets Covid will be spewing less viral particles than if that same person had Covid and was not vaccinated, ergo it makes them less infectious. 

I disagree about requirements. There are lots of situations where vaccine requirements make sense, like people who work around immunocompromised people. 

Again, the reason I originally quoted you is your factually incorrect statement and I am telling you to stop spreading misinformation. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - bengaloo - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 03:21 PM)treee Wrote: A person who is vaccinated but still gets Covid will be spewing less viral particles than if that same person had Covid and was not vaccinated, ergo it makes them less infectious. 

I disagree about requirements. There are lots of situations where vaccine requirements make sense, like people who work around immunocompromised people. 

Again, the reason I originally quoted you is your factually incorrect statement and I am telling you to stop spreading misinformation. 

What misinformation? There is no evidence that suggests that vaccinated people are less contageous than people who have natural immunity. None. In fact, once you have natural immunity, you will most likely never get covid again, including mutations, which is why unvaccinated people who have already had covid arent getting delta hardly at all. Nothing beats natural immunity. Evolution is an amazing thing. At this point, the evidence is starting to point at the vaccines being a bigger cause of mutations. The inventor of the Mrna technology himself has admitted this.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BmorePat87 - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 02:34 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Vaccines dont stop the spread, or prevent people from getting covid, as we are seeing every single day everywhere. The CDC even admits this. If anything, they help it not develop into severe illness and that is about it. Now we are learning that the protection they do offer wanes over a few months, or doesnt cover protection in mutations, and natural immunity seems far superior in a big way. So lets help people recover and get the far superior natural immunity. Vaccines are a personal decision.  

Are they 100% effective? No, but vaccines do stop the spread and do prevent people from getting covid.

When you have high rates of community vaccination paired with other mitigation efforts, you both slow the spread and reduce the risk to those who do get sick.

Variants will pop up, and continuing mitigation efforts helps to reduce the impact of them.

(09-07-2021, 03:37 PM)bengaloo Wrote: What misinformation? There is no evidence that suggests that vaccinated people are less contageous than people who have natural immunity. None. 

https://spiral.imperial.ac.uk/bitstream/10044/1/90800/2/react1_r13_final_preprint_final.pdf

Quote:We analysed Ct values associated with positive results among vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals as a measure of viral load and as a proxy for infectiousness. For all positives in round 13, at ages 18 to 64 years, median Ct value was higher for vaccinated participants at 27.6 (25.5, 29.7) compared with unvaccinated at 23.1 (20.3, 25.8) (positive defined as N gene Ct <37 or both N gene and E gene positive, Methods) (Table 7, Figure 3). The higher Ct values among vaccinated people indicate lower infectiousness, consistent with transmission studies conducted when the Alpha variant was dominant, in which vaccinated individuals were at substantially lower risk of passing on infection

Stop posting misinformation.

(09-07-2021, 03:57 PM)treee Wrote: https://spiral.imperial.ac.uk/bitstream/10044/1/90800/2/react1_r13_final_preprint_final.pdf

Stop posting misinformation.

Um.... but this says nothing about people who have previously recovered from covid and have natural immunity, which is what I am talking about. For the uninfected yet, yes, they should all consider the vaccines. Not disputing that at all, however, with more treatments for covid coming out that can save lives, my guess is that there will be some people who choose to go the treatment route rather than the vaccine. Its their choice. As long as we can save more lives, thats all that matters to me. 

(09-07-2021, 03:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are they 100% effective? No, but vaccines do stop the spread and do prevent people from getting covid.

When you have high rates of community vaccination paired with other mitigation efforts, you both slow the spread and reduce the risk to those who do get sick.

Variants will pop up, and continuing mitigation efforts helps to reduce the impact of them.

With the vaccines, monoclonal antibody treatments, and the various other drugs that have shown to be effective, then we can save more lives. The answer to all of this in my mind is "D. All of the above" 

By all means that we can save lives, we should. Whether its vaccines or treatments, or both. Remember, we are still talking about a virus with a very high survival rate. Going from 99.7 to 99.9% survival rate should be the common goal for us all. Obviously we cant sav everyone. People die from the common cold every year, but those folks are dying anyway whether they get it or not, sadly. I wish we could all live forever, but we cant... 

(09-07-2021, 04:18 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Not disputing that at all, however, with more treatments for covid coming out that can save lives, my guess is that there will be some people who choose to go the treatment route rather than the vaccine. Its their choice. As long as we can save more lives, thats all that matters to me. 

And what of the people who go the "treatment route" and get an asymptomatic case of Covid? They could then become super spreaders if they're around lots of people, directly leading to the loss of life. What saves the most lives is being vaccinated. 

(09-07-2021, 04:32 PM)treee Wrote: And what of the people who go the "treatment route" and get an asymptomatic case of Covid? They could then become super spreaders if they're around lots of people, directly leading to the loss of life. What saves the most lives is being vaccinated. 

Well if they have an asymptomatic case of covid then they dont know if they have covid or not and obviously will beat it with no treatment and achieve natural immunity. For the people who are scared of that, get vaccinated, social distance, wash your hands, dont touch your face until you do. What is the issue with that? 

I live in a college town, and right now we are seing the same spike of cases rise that we did last year when students cam back. Since most of them dont hang out around older people, it will probably not become an issue, just like last year when it didnt. Over 90% of cases in my county are college kids, many who have been vaccinated. 

And for the record, who in the fk would seek treatment for something they dont know they have lol? Just curious. Asymptomatic mean they have no symptoms. But thats good because they will get natural immunity which is better and longer lasting than vaccine induced immunity.

(09-07-2021, 04:37 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Well if they have an asymptomatic case of covid then they dont know if they have covid or not and obviously will beat it with no treatment and achieve natural immunity.

That is not relevant to my point. My point is that unvaccinated people are spreading the virus at a substantially higher amount.

Quote: For the people who are scared of that, get vaccinated, social distance, wash your hands, dont touch your face until you do. What is the issue with that? 

To frame people who do not want covid as scared is disingenuous. It is perfectly reasonable to not want the virus. No amount you attempt to downplay it will change that fact.

Quote:I live in a college town, and right now we are seing the same spike of cases rise that we did last year when students cam back. Since most of them dont hang out around older people, it will probably not become an issue

All covid spread is an issue. We should be doing everything we reasonably can to reduce the spread.

Quote:And for the record, who in the fk would seek treatment for something they dont know they have lol? Just curious. 

I never implied someone who is asymptomatic would seek treat, so that is not relevant.

Quote:Asymptomatic mean they have no symptoms. But thats good because they will get natural immunity which is better and longer lasting than vaccine induced immunity.

You're right in that it is definitely better to be asymptomatic than having severe symptoms that threaten your live. That however does not change my overarching point.

My point remains simple. Stop posting misinformation.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 03:10 PM)Stewy Wrote: As long as they keep believing his lies and voting for him, why should he care if they die?

Because dead people only vote Democrat?

(09-07-2021, 04:53 PM)treee Wrote: That is not relevant to my point. My point is that unvaccinated people are spreading the virus at a substantially higher amount.

To frame people who do not want covid as scared is disingenuous. It is perfectly reasonable to not want the virus. No amount you attempt to downplay it will change that fact.

All covid spread is an issue. We should be doing everything we reasonably can to reduce the spread.

I never implied someone who is asymptomatic would seek treat, so that is not relevant.

You're right in that it is definitely better to be asymptomatic than having severe symptoms that threaten your live. That however does not change my overarching point.

My point remains simple. Stop posting misinformation.

I'll post what I want as long as it follows board rules. Appreciate the attitude though. Thanks for not getting the point Wink  

(09-07-2021, 05:31 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I'll post what I want as long as it follows board rules. Appreciate the attitude though. Thanks for not getting the point Wink  

The point is that you can try to minimize the severity of covid all you'd like but that does not change the reality of how viruses or vaccines work. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 05:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because dead people only vote Democrat?

Underrated comment.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BmorePat87 - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 04:23 PM)bengaloo Wrote: With the vaccines, monoclonal antibody treatments, and the various other drugs that have shown to be effective, then we can save more lives. The answer to all of this in my mind is "D. All of the above" 

By all means that we can save lives, we should. Whether its vaccines or treatments, or both. Remember, we are still talking about a virus with a very high survival rate. Going from 99.7 to 99.9% survival rate should be the common goal for us all. Obviously we cant sav everyone. People die from the common cold every year, but those folks are dying anyway whether they get it or not, sadly. I wish we could all live forever, but we cant... 

I am 100% for "all the above".

With regards to the survival rate, it's closer to 98%. The 99.7% is from taking total deaths relative to the US population, but survival rate would be confirmed cases that don't result in a death.

1.5% or so may not seem like a big difference, but we're talking 1 out of every 50 people who contracts it dies versus 1 out of every 300 or so. That number goes up when we adopt a laissez faire attitude towards it, though. 650k dead Americans is with us trying to stop it from spreading. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Stewy - 09-07-2021

If he admits he was wrong then his big lie gets exposed.  If he keeps telling his lies, then the people keep believing his BS until enough people die to break the foundation of the lies.  Either way he has to keep lying to stay in political power.  The ship has sailed too far away to turn back now.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BigPapaKain - 09-07-2021

Most evidence to the contrary.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 07:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Most evidence to the contrary.

Hmm, now that you mention it this guy does look like a republican.

[Image: Di0B7QgP_400x400.jpg]

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BmorePat87 - 09-15-2021

https://thehill.com/policy/572205-desantis-calls-for-end-to-standardized-testing-in-florida

This is actually a good idea (with the exception of eliminating common core)

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - GMDino - 09-15-2021

(09-15-2021, 07:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://thehill.com/policy/572205-desantis-calls-for-end-to-standardized-testing-in-florida

This is actually a good idea (with the exception of eliminating common core)

I'm good with less emphasis on standardized testing.  I also don't trust DeSantis and the FLAGOP to not use this as a way to control teachers.

Maybe it's paranoia but they haven't been shown to care anything about actual education as much as caring about making sure they can control what is taught.