Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? (/Thread-Opinion-DeSantis-2024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Dill - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 05:21 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I am not going to fall in the trap and speak highly of Trump. Nor am I going to speak lowly of him.
If you don't think the media, academia and celebrities were against him you are blind and we need not no longer communicate.
My issue is your cowardice in finding issues where Tulsi did a 180 degree turn.
You talk about who Tulsi endorsed while she was an Independent.
You sneakily fail to talk about Liz Cheny who is a Republican, but endorsed Democrats during the mid-term.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/11/liz-cheney-just-endorsed-another-democrat/
I guess you are one of your hypocrite friends will spin this as usual. 
P.S. Here are the Democrats the Cheny the "Republican" endorsed.
Let the spin begin...

More red herrings.

Looks like you are not going to "fall into my trap" by acknowledging Trump misgovernance actually explaining why Tulsi Gabbard would support Republicans who negate the policy positions you claim she endorses while imputing Trump-level misgovernance to Biden. 

I have never disputed that "media, academia and celebrities" were against Trump, though of course that is not the issue here.
All people who recognized his incompetence, vulgarity, anti-democratic governance were "against Trump." Weak as that opposition has been, it is a sign of democratic health. They should have been against him--though unfortunately all were not, e.g., Fox News helped spread the Big Lie, even though they knew it was a lie. 

Nothing "sneaky" about failing to mention Cheney.  You don't have to "prove" that she endorsed Dems. Of course she did, knowing it meant the end of her office--because doing what was right was more important. 

Trump was breaking the law and she knew his own party needed to stand up to him, as they did to Nixon. She put country, and her own job, above party. 

The danger was clear to all who acknowledge that Trump's extreme partisanship wasn't simply limited to rally rhetoric ("locker her up,""Jail Kerry"), but drove him to select staff and cabinet members who would protect him first, and do his bidding regardless of law. And finally helped him in an attempted coup.

Gabbard, on the other hand, just endorses the new Big Lie that it is Biden who weaponizes government. If widely believed, that would put
Trump back into power, with all the lessons learned about how to get away with breaking laws. Were the facts otherwise, if Biden
really were the threat, not a resurgent Trump, then I would say that Gabbard too was putting country over party. 

Again, it comes down to the facts of Trump misgovernance, which you won't acknowledge, characterizing the recognition of fact as a "trap" you won't fall into.

So you don't address the fact of misgovernance, and you don't answer my question about Tulsi; 
instead you throw out red herrings (What about Lynn Cheney?!") while accusing me of "spin," "cowardice," and "lying," and 
threaten to stop communicating with me if I don't admit to things never disputed and not under question. 

If you decide that I can't be communicated with, while I shower you with facts of Trump governance and foreground the 
implications of Gabbard's choices, even as you ignore my questions, that can only mean that you want dearly held beliefs 
about Trump misgovernance and Gabbard's judgement protected from cross examination.  You'll call me "coward"
as you run from it.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Dill - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 05:27 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes of course, Hunter is completely Innocent.

Such difficulty keeping on point.

So far others have explained to you why it would make sense for Trump to go after Biden, even though you claimed he wasn't an "enemy" of Trump.

Hunter is under investigation right now, so no one is giving him a "free pass." 

Most of those responding to you on this thread just refuse to judge him on Fox say so. 

Refusing to judge based on innuendo is not to claim he is "completely innocent." 

If he is convicted of something, that will not negate anything I and others on this thread have said about Trump misconduct
and Gabbard's poor judgment. 

There is no red herring, false equivalence, or whattabout which can obscure the fact that Trump weaponized government to a degree never seen
before, yet Gabbard is accusing Biden of just that without anything close to equivalent evidence. 

And you are defending that misrecognition of where the danger really lies by constantly going off point.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BigPapaKain - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 04:20 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, I didn't want to waste my time on him pinpointing the number of issues on the insane comments of Biden being a pretty devout Catholic.

I grew up a Catholic and left that religion later on and went to a more conservative religion. So I know all about the Catholic religion as many members of my family are still Catholic and I join them in Mass and other Catholic activities. 

Sometimes you have to laugh or cry when some people think they know what a Catholic/Christian is and wipe your feet and walk away.

The irony here is suffocating.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BigPapaKain - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 04:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Amen.  Thank you.  There is no moral teaching of the Catholic Church from which Joe Biden does not publicly dissent.  On abortion, contraception, male/female marriage, and gender dysphoria you’ll find Joe Biden on the opposite side from the Church.

I’ll pray harder for his conversion.

Oh no - he doesn't jam his religion down people's throats.

Pretty sure that's a good thing for a politician.

You know - that whole separation of church and state that the right is trying to tear down?

Oh for what its worth - even the Pope isn't against gay marriage. I guess that guy isn't a devout Catholic either.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Arturo Bandini - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 09:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh no - he doesn't jam his religion down people's throats.

You know - that whole separation of church and state that the right is trying to tear down?

Oh for what its worth - even the Pope isn't against gay marriage. I guess that guy isn't a devout Catholic either.

What in his history catholic church has anything to do with the gospells ?

They have not a reputation of helpers, caregivers. They are judgemental, closed to their own propaganda and own more kids rapists than any other association in the world. 

Being a christian has nothing to do with being a part of a church. 

They are pharisees ... The merchants of the temple. Everytime on the wrong side of history. I'm far less a sinner than any of those hypocrites.

It's just failing fast in Europe because nobody trust them anymore. 

I don't remember a single line about being gay, abortion or contraception in the gospells and don't bring me the old testament because I don't give a damn about that book of madness. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 09:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh for what it’s worth - even the Pope isn't against gay marriage. I guess that guy isn't a devout Catholic either.

Prove it.

I know Pope Francis only supports traditional man-woman marriage.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BengalYankee - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 04:20 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, I didn't want to waste my time on him pinpointing the number of issues on the insane comments of Biden being a pretty devout Catholic.

I grew up a Catholic and left that religion later on and went to a more conservative religion. So I know all about the Catholic religion as many members of my family are still Catholic and I join them in Mass and other Catholic activities. 

Sometimes you have to laugh or cry when some people think they know what a Catholic/Christian is and wipe your feet and walk away.

(04-06-2023, 09:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The irony here is suffocating.

No. Your ignorance of Biblical Knowledge is suffocating. Whatever

Matthew 10:14 is a verse in the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament of the Bible. It is part of the Sermon on the Mount, in which Jesus gives instructions to his disciples on how to live their lives. In this verse, Jesus tells his disciples that if anyone will not welcome them or listen to their words, they should leave that home or town and shake the dust off their feet.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BengalYankee - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 09:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh no - he doesn't jam his religion down people's throats.

Duh, then you can't be a "Pretty Devout Catholic" and a politician. 

Read what I write carefully. You can be a Catholic or any Denomination of any religion and be a politician. Separation of Church and State.

The issue here and I am going slow for you. You can't be a "Devout" anything, much less "Pretty Devout"  Hilarious

But enough of what I say, let's try ChatGPt AI to settle this....

What's the difference between a Devout Catholic politician and not a Devout Catholic politician?

The difference between a devout Catholic politician and a non-devout Catholic politician is primarily in the extent to which they integrate their Catholic faith and values into their public responsibilities as an elected official.

A devout Catholic politician is someone who is deeply committed to their Catholic faith and seeks to apply Catholic teachings and values to their decision-making as a politician. They prioritize the common good and seek to promote policies and legislation that align with Catholic social teaching, such as protecting the dignity of human life, promoting social justice, and working towards peace and reconciliation.

On the other hand, a non-devout Catholic politician may still identify as Catholic, but may not actively integrate Catholic teachings and values into their political decisions or may not prioritize the common good. They may prioritize political expediency or the desires of their constituents over Catholic principles.

While both devout and non-devout Catholic politicians may share a common faith and identity, the difference lies in the degree to which they actively seek to live out their faith in their public responsibilities and prioritize the common good over their personal or political interests.

[Image: im-out-mic-drop.gif]

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Dill - 04-07-2023

(04-06-2023, 11:56 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: A devout Catholic politician is someone who is deeply committed to their Catholic faith and seeks to apply Catholic teachings and values to their decision-making as a politician. They prioritize the common good and seek to promote policies and legislation that align with Catholic social teaching, such as protecting the dignity of human life, promoting social justice, and working towards peace and reconciliation.

On the other hand, a non-devout Catholic politician may still identify as Catholic, but may not actively integrate Catholic teachings and values into their political decisions or may not prioritize the common good. They may prioritize political expediency or the desires of their constituents over Catholic principles.

While both devout and non-devout Catholic politicians may share a common faith and identity, the difference lies in the degree to which they actively seek to live out their faith in their public responsibilities and prioritize the common good over their personal or political interests.

Guess the AI still needs some work.

This definition pre-defines "the common good" in terms of Church Doctrine doesn't it? 

Anything that breaks with Church doctrine is "expediency," "personal or political interests, or merely the "desires of their constituents."

So there can never be a conflict between the common good and the "devout Catholic" applying Church teachings, at least in the devout's own mind.

But unless that "constituency" elected the devout Catholic to represent Catholic Doctrine, regardless of their
desires, there is going to be some conflict here, the kind leading to religious civil war. 

To his/her non-Catholic constituents, the devout Catholic's application of Church teachings may look a lot more like
"personal or political interests" than impartial advancement of any common good as COMMONLY defined. 

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BigPapaKain - 04-07-2023

(04-06-2023, 11:36 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: No. Your ignorance of Biblical Knowledge is suffocating. Whatever

Matthew 10:14 is a verse in the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament of the Bible. It is part of the Sermon on the Mount, in which Jesus gives instructions to his disciples on how to live their lives. In this verse, Jesus tells his disciples that if anyone will not welcome them or listen to their words, they should leave that home or town and shake the dust off their feet.

(04-06-2023, 11:56 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Duh, then you can't be a "Pretty Devout Catholic" and a politician. 

Read what I write carefully. You can be a Catholic or any Denomination of any religion and be a politician. Separation of Church and State.

The issue here and I am going slow for you. You can't be a "Devout" anything, much less "Pretty Devout"  Hilarious

What's the difference between a Devout Catholic politician and not a Devout Catholic politician?

The difference between a devout Catholic politician and a non-devout Catholic politician is primarily in the extent to which they integrate their Catholic faith and values into their public responsibilities as an elected official.

A devout Catholic politician is someone who is deeply committed to their Catholic faith and seeks to apply Catholic teachings and values to their decision-making as a politician. They prioritize the common good and seek to promote policies and legislation that align with Catholic social teaching, such as protecting the dignity of human life, promoting social justice, and working towards peace and reconciliation.

I don't need your bed time stories about a radical middle eastern liberal. Those are for you to ignore.

And your stance is so weak you had to have an AI make the argument for you (and it does a piss poor job).

You call people ignorant from a glass house, my guy. Speaking of which, isn't there something in the Bible about turning the other cheek instead of slandering or fighting back?

(04-06-2023, 10:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Prove it.

I know Pope Francis only supports traditional man-woman marriage.

Good call - I misremembered. He's okay with civil unions.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - GMDino - 04-07-2023

(04-06-2023, 11:56 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Duh, then you can't be a "Pretty Devout Catholic" and a politician. 

Are those "good catholics" the ones voting against school lunches for kids, for expanded availability for guns, against health care for all, etc?  

Things that " apply Catholic teachings and values to their decision-making as a politician. They prioritize the common good and seek to promote policies and legislation that align with Catholic social teaching"

I'd ask the AI myself but it seem you have that corner locked up rather than your own words and thoughts.  Mellow

So this is fun - I just read a poll that basically confirms what's happening here.

Conservative voters don't think Biden is religious enough, though the majority know he's a Catholic.

Progressive votes think Biden is either too religious or just religious enough, with the majority knowing he is Catholic.

The stances all suddenly make more sense, given American's tribalism and hive mind thinking.

For those interested.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - GMDino - 04-07-2023

Have to watch how this one shakes out.

https://www.rawstory.com/rebekah-jones-says-her-13-year-old-son-was-arrested-for-digital-threats-of-terrorism/

Quote:Rebekah Jones says her 13-year-old son was arrested for 'digital threats of terrorism'

Sky Palma
April 06, 2023

Rebekah Jones says her 13-year-old son was arrested for 'digital threats of terrorism'
Rebekah Jones

Former state of Florida employee, self-proclaimed "whistleblower," and Democratic congressional candidate Rebekah Jones announced on Twitter this Wednesday that her 13-year-old son had been arrested for “digital threats of terrorism.”

In a series of tweets, Jones said a warrant had been issued for her son's arrest over messages he allegedly shared in a Snapchat group.

"THIS is the reality of living in DeSantis' Florida," Jones wrote. "There is no freedom here. Only retaliatory rule by a fascist who wishes to be king."

Jones went on to say that a week "after we filed our lawsuit against the state, a kid claiming to be the cousin of one of my son's classmates joined their snapchat group. They recorded their conversations, and anonymously reported my son to police for sharing a popular internet meme."

01:05

01:30
IN OTHER NEWS: Trump judge made donations to Biden and Democrats, CNN reports

"Two weeks later, bringing us to earlier today, an officer told me the state issued a warrant for my son's arrest for 'digital threats of terrorism.' I asked on whose orders. The officer said it was the state. They aren't letting him come home tonight. They kidnapped my son," she continued.

According to the Pensacola News Journal, a spokesperson for the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office confirmed on Thursday that Jones' son had been arrested, but it was not for "sharing a popular internet meme," as Jones claimed. An incident report released by the Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office says that the 13-year-old made repeated threats to shoot up Holley Navarre Middle School and to stab students who made him angry.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I want to shoot up the school," her son allegedly wrote on social media. "If I get a gun I’m gonna shoot up hnms lol.”

“I’m getting a wrath and natural selection shirt so maybe but I don’t think many ppl know what the columbine shooters look like," another of her son's messages read.

“Okay so it’s been like 3-4 weeks since I got on my new antidepressants and they aren’t working but they’re suppose to by now so I have no hope in getting better so why not kill the losers at school.," her son wrote.

Jones was celebrated by the mainstream media as a whistleblower, but her claims of being persecuted by DeSantis in a retaliatory manner soon became disputed. In a 2021 op-ed in the National Review that criticized many of Jones' claims, conservative journalist Charles C.W. Cooke alleged that Jones' story did not match up with reality. Cooke went on to point out that the data Jones cited on her separate dashboard was identical to the government's.

"By all accounts, Rebekah Jones is a talented developer of GIS dashboards," Cooke wrote. "But that's all she is. She's not a data scientist. She's not an epidemiologist. She's not a doctor. She didn't 'build' the 'data system,' as she now claims, nor is she a 'data manager.'"

An inspector general's report later found there was no merit to her claims.

This article was updated with additional information in regards to the alleged threats made by Jones' son.

(04-07-2023, 11:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Have to watch how this one shakes out.

https://www.rawstory.com/rebekah-jones-says-her-13-year-old-son-was-arrested-for-digital-threats-of-terrorism/

I mean seems legit.

The law doesn't **** around with shit like that anymore and you can't really blame them.

IF he actually said those things.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - SunsetBengal - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 11:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Have to watch how this one shakes out.

Dino, you've mastered the 8th beatitude, pointing the finger at those who have wronged.  Congratulations!  Ninja

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BengalYankee - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 09:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: 1. Are those "good catholics" the ones voting against school lunches for kids, for expanded availability for guns, against health care for all, etc?  

2. I'd ask the AI myself but it seem you have that corner locked up rather than your own words and thoughts.  Mellow

1. No. Why are you asking such a stupid question??? Mellow

In addition, similarly, in regard to the previous Presidents.  I wrote "I can't think of a President in my lifetime who was a "True Christian"?",
before someone replied with an idiotic reply about Biden being a "Pretty Devout Catholic".  Hilarious

Thus to answer the stupid question voting against school lunches for kids, for expanded availability for guns, against health care for all is NOT what a "good Catholic" is, whatever is a "good Catholic".  Mellow

2. You must be blind. I used my own analysis and I used the AI program for backup and reference.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 02:37 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Did you read my post? "I can't think of a President in my lifetime who was a "True Christian"?"  [Image: indifferent0012.gif] 

How old are you?  I can't imagine Jimmy Carter's christianity was a big ol' façade. I always figured 1980 was when the USA decided that the only metric for someone being christian was that they were a republican.

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - BengalYankee - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How old are you?  I can't imagine Jimmy Carter's christianity was a big ol' façade.  I always figured 1980 was when the USA decided that the only metric for someone being christian was that they were a republican.

You mean 1980 when Ronald Reagan[Divorced], [font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system,]cuts to social programs, such as food stamps and housing assistance, that Reagan???[/font]
Yes, I remember that Republican and I was for Jimmy Carter back then. But Carter's Christianity took off AFTER his Presidency. If the issue was who was the Truest Christian After his Presidency then hands down it would be the peanut farmer.   

RE: Opinion: DeSantis 2024? - Nately120 - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 03:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: You mean 1980 when Ronald Reagan[Divorced], [font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system,]cuts to social programs, such as food stamps and housing assistance, that Reagan???[/font]
Yes, I remember that Republican and I was for Jimmy Carter back then. But Carter's Christianity took off AFTER his Presidency. If the issue was who was the Truest Christian After his Presidency then hands down it would be the peanut farmer.   

Interesting.  I've heard assertions that Carter either kept his own personal religion out of the office of president, or that he was less than effective because he was too Christian and that helped Regan gain ground with the "what's in it for me?" aspects of modern Christianity.