Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 04-05-2016

(04-04-2016, 11:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 5 minutes of Neagan and I'm already bored with his look at me I'm a charismatic psychopath that you all will think is awesome because I'm only the thousandth incarnation of the same character.  

And Rick, you should have attacked the first ambush.  You had that one.  At worst you retreat, scout, then ambush.

Negan has a lot of personality beyond that. Give it time.

I thought the same thing regarding attacking the first group,  but I have a feeling there were more in the woods.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-05-2016

I watched the end again because I happened not to delete the recording.

Unless they were sloppy or misleading editing (ENTIRELY possible)...You can see the shadow move on Rick's face - Negan definitely picks someone to his right (Rick's left).

Sasha and Aaron are to Rick's immediate left. Then there's Carl. Negan points to [his] right to Carl with his little "cut his eye out speech". That leaves Sasha and Aaron. Read someone else say the song has 20 syllables, so starting with Rick that lands you immediately to his right [Sasha].

But Negan is almost pointing straight at Carl, and I don't think Negan kills a hot POA....that would mean Aaron. Maybe Negan is going to give us a 2-fer and next season will open with the teaser that "it's only Aaron, those assholes....OH NO!!!!"

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 04-05-2016

(04-04-2016, 06:22 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, confirming what we already knew [from the producer]

----------------

On whether fans can find legit clues as to who Negan whacked by studying the final sequence |
 “I believe there’s no way. There are a couple of things in there that might help people possibly limit the amount of people who are vulnerable, [but] I truly don’t think there’s a way to puzzle it out definitively.”

Except the person who slowed down the audio and made it pretty clear it was probably Glenn

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 12:45 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I watched the end again because I happened not to delete the recording.

Unless they were sloppy or misleading editing (ENTIRELY possible)...You can see the shadow move on Rick's face - Negan definitely picks someone to his right (Rick's left).

Sasha and Aaron are to Rick's immediate left.  Then there's Carl.  Negan points to [his] right to Carl with his little "cut his eye out speech".  That leaves Sasha and Aaron.  Read someone else say the song has 20 syllables, so starting with Rick that lands you immediately to his right [Sasha].

But Negan is almost pointing straight at Carl, and I don't think Negan kills a hot POA....that would mean Aaron.  Maybe Negan is going to give us a 2-fer and next season will open with the teaser that "it's only Aaron, those assholes....OH NO!!!!"

If they kill someone besides Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, or Glenn then there was no point. They must end a character the audience is way too used to

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - rfaulk34 - 04-05-2016

(04-04-2016, 02:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So...  basically surviving a zombie apocalypse and using tactics to combat other people goes right out of the window?

Why do you suppose Rick and his group of idiots blindly jump into one vehicle and go for a ride?

That right there was some stupid shit.

They acted like a bunch of rookies.

So why all of a sudden does Morgan shoot to kill after all of his incessant whining of "circle of life"?

Just more out of character moves that I'm sure will get excused away by supposed character development.

Not so much rookie as overconfident. The way they acted at the Hilltop--making like they could dispatch Negan and his people easily--not bothering to find out how many people he actually had; they think that there's nothing out there to rival them after all they've been through. Negan's quote, "Sucks don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit.", was a reality check. 

(04-04-2016, 04:37 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: True, but the cliffhanger wasn't really necessary - most people assume it was Glenn, or from what I'm seeing most don't seem to really care and aren't going to lose any sleep over it.

My suspicion is it gave them time to decide if it will be Glenn or Daryl.  Norman Reedus has other projects and appears to be making the leap to the big screen.  His days on the show are definitely numbered, and if not now then they'll have to create a similarly impactful death for a character not in the comics.

On the other hand, since Daryl isn't in the comics it's a chance for a truly surprising and shocking death.  But they ruined that dramatic moment if they open next season and it's "look, there's Daryl laying on the ground".

Just saying, it seems most people's reaction is it was more "gotchya!" than dramatic.  The writers claim they will do it justice, but my expectation is the reveal will be totally anti-climactic, ESPECIALLY if it is Glenn.  Seems like the hard-core fans are comic readers, and if they try to re-ignite the drama only to reveal Glenn, I think it will piss-off a lot of diehard fans.  

Hmmmm, I think I just made a strong case that it's not Glenn.  Except I've been wrong before giving the writers too much credit, and no reason to think that will change now.

I just don't get the outrage (from all) about the cliffhanger. The whole point about dragging out the last few episodes is that it was leading to the introduction of Negan. Especially the finale. I was sitting there thinking...'this is unnecessary. take a road, it's blocked by Negan's people. Take another road...it's blocke by Negan's people. Take another road...it's...yep, you guessed it...blocked by Negan's people.' But the whole point was to show their strength. They started off with a completely non-threatening group of a few guys. Then...more...then...even more. It was a build up to show the strength of their group; as i said in the previous post, Rick and his group were overconfident and they were slowly, emotionally broken down to the point they were at when they were on their knees. 

That's Negan's whole thing. He's a sociopath. He likes ***** with people for his own pleasure. Sometimes he'll roll with force and sometimes he'll toy with people/groups. But he's intelligent so he doesn't go rushing into things like Rick does without knowing what he's doing. That's why he keeps his people separated and does things like having drops at a satellite location. Tactical, calculated. 

People are too focused on who it is that dies and what has been done leading up to it. It's going to be Glenn, Darryl or Abraham, partly for shock value (what little is left) and mostly to shake Rick's confidence, to break him and make him fall into line. From there is where the story telling comes in; how he's able to overcome that and *************SPOILER ALERT***************organize the surrounding communities to overthrow him, regaining his confidence and leadership. *************END SPOILER***************

I'm not going to lie. My feelings about this thread mirror a lot of people's feelings about the show lately. Focusing on the micro and bitching about what a terrible pile of shit it's become because the focus is misguided. But i'm a sucker for punishment, so i keep making an effort to try and get people to focus more on the macro. Not necessarily the big picture, but at least the current arc (the one it's currently leading into). 

If people don't like the writing, it's more likely because they've read the comics and it's not quite living up to their expectations. But it rarely does because with the comics--as with books--you get the benefit of your imagination to enhance the plot/drama/characters. In some cases, it's because it is bad writing. But my opinion is, in most cases, it's because there are too many wanna-be writers/film snobs that want to get their opinion out there about how they could do it much better. 

In any event, with all that said, this thread sucks now because so much of the focus is on talking about how terrible this or that is, so i'll just say "**** it" and throw up some rants on how film snobs are ruining the world. 

P.S. In regards to your opening, i get your point but i don't think the writers can assume that a majority of people watching the show are familiar with the comics. It is somewhat insulting to people in the know, but to the average fan that just watches the show, it's dramatic effect (that's been used millions of times before of course) that gives fans something to debate about over the summer.

(04-04-2016, 06:22 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, confirming what we already knew [from the producer]

----------------

On whether fans can find legit clues as to who Negan whacked by studying the final sequence |
 “I believe there’s no way. There are a couple of things in there that might help people possibly limit the amount of people who are vulnerable, [but] I truly don’t think there’s a way to puzzle it out definitively.”

Yep. They bounced back and forth, from Rick's left to his right while Negan was  eeny meeny miny moeing, just to keep it from being obvious. As well as nothing from any of the characters, verball, during the beating and nothing but trees behind Negan. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BengalsRocker - 04-05-2016

This show lost all credibility when they failed to cast Andrew Dice Clay as Negan.

"Hoooo taking it like a champ!!"

The whole Eenie Meenie Miney Mo part could have been a nice rendition of the Hickory Dickory Dock bit.

I'm sure ADC has a leather jacket somewhere in his wardrobe collection.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - basballguy - 04-06-2016

glenn is dead...that's the only way that can do it....if they want to make up for the dumpster armor and be true to the comic....glenn is dead. That's the only ending I'll accept....

Gimple is a ***** for the cliffhanger.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 04-06-2016

(04-06-2016, 01:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: glenn is dead...that's the only way that can do it....if they want to make up for the dumpster armor and be true to the comic....glenn is dead.  That's the only ending I'll accept....

Gimple is a ***** for the cliffhanger.

I just started catching up on the comics.  I'm only up to issue 81.

But in one I read recently Glenn was already talking about feeling like he would die before the walkers broke through the Alexandria wall.  And they show walkers grabbing his backpack trying to pull him off a rope. 

So the comic toyed with him dying long before he really did too.

I think most people knew a cliffhanger was coming...no surprise.  The more tense part, for me, was the REST of the episode.  yeah it takes awhile to get to the point, but the point is we don't know what will happen as they deviate from the comics a good bit.  Hell, Carol is dead and Andrea is the bad ass in the comics.

Judith is dead and there was never even a Beth or Daryl.

I guess, again for me, it's just that I can let go of "reality" and enjoy it for what it is.  Does it always thrill me?  No.  Do I enjoy it more often than not?  Damn skippy.

I can't wait for October!

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 04-06-2016

I suggested to a friend on facebook that Carol takes Michonne's role in terms of romancing Ezekiel. Given the outfits of those who found Morgan and Carol, that may be true.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BengalsRocker - 04-07-2016

Have any of you guys seen the teaser photo of the mannequin that Norman Reedus posted on Instagram?

He's just toying with TWD fans... that bastard! LOL

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 04-08-2016

well I believe its glenn now... sometimes they just gotta follow the comics

http://www.goliath.com/tv/watch-recut-ending-for-the-walking-dead-season-finale-is-so-much-better-than-the-one-that-aired/

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 12:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well I believe its glenn now... sometimes they just gotta follow the comics

http://www.goliath.com/tv/watch-recut-ending-for-the-walking-dead-season-finale-is-so-much-better-than-the-one-that-aired/

Unless I'm missing something, all the redditor did was switch around a few scenes to make it LOOK like it was Glenn.

I stand by the shadow on Rick's face clearly indicates Negan picks someone to Rick's left.  That doesn't rule out a jump cut.  The whole rhyme gives you Aaron, which is consistent with what it appeared we saw. Negan also subtly points at Carl, almost straight in front of him, when he says "if anyone moves, cut the boy's other eye out"...which also points to Aaron.

But as the director has promised us something more impactful than Sasha or Aaron would be, I think the real showstopper is a second person meeting Lucille to start next season....Because Rick killed "A LOT" of Negan's people, and that calls for a second beating.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Penn - 04-09-2016

As far as the episode itself, I agree that it could have been cut down to one hour by not having so much of the driving around and shortening the Morgan and Carol arc. But since it would take trimming both arcs and I liked the Carol and Morgan (even though I don't like either character) arc I can understand dragging it out by a short amount of time with the RV.

I don't mind the "cliff hanger" myself but I can fully understand why that would piss people off. I take it as the focus isn't on WHO died but the brutality of Negan.

I didn't say it on this board but before the finale I was saying Abraham and/or Carol were going to die. Well, I was wrong on Carol. But I'm sticking with Abraham.

What we know (not believe, but know) is it isn't Carl or Rick. Not just because they are the only 2 characters that are completely safe from death, but the comment by Negan about feeding the kid's eye to his father.

One other factor to consider to me would be the first person camera angle for the person meeting Lucille. Completely unobstructed. Daryl always has hair in his eyes. Glen and Michone usually have hair in the eyes too, at least lately. I'm watching the rerun of it on AMC right now so I'll see if these hold true in about half an hour but if I don't edit this then my opinion will be we have 5 safe with this factor included.

Another factor I think should be considered is who could "take it like a champ". Beyond Negan saying this if you were in his position you would want to pick someone who is perceived by their group as tough to have full psychological effect. This is the biggest reason I think Abraham. Well, I suppose if he knows enough about them he would take their center of morale but he doesn't see to have a lot to go on in that respect and Abraham looked the strongest out of all of the people in front of him.

Now to take that last part and apply to who I think would be safe I would have to say Maggie and Eugene are safe since neither are all that tough any way and are already weakened. So though I am thinking Abraham the only ones I consider safe at the moment are those 7 - Rick, Carl, Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, Maggie and Eugene.

Who all does that leave besides Abe? Aaron, Sasha and Rosita? I don't see any of them "taking it like a champ but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was one of them.

edit - I haven't looked for theories online but I might this weekend to see where people stand. Right now this thread is the only place I'm seeing theories. Maybe then the slowed down audio will change perspective or even seeing again in a few minutes might change my mind.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-09-2016

people are "taking it like a champ" too literally....it really means nothing, and even less with these writers. Getting knocked out with a baseball bat has nothing to do with size or fitness - if you don't get knocked out you're natural reaction is to stagger up and "take it like a champ"

anyway, analyse all we want...I don't think the writers are good enough to plan, nor care, what they showed or didn't show. If it wasn't Glenn or Daryl, one of those two will be a second-helping for Lucille in the season premier. I'd take that bet all day.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bmoreblitz - 04-09-2016

(04-09-2016, 06:58 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: people are "taking it like a champ" too literally....it really means nothing, and even less with these writers.  Getting knocked out with a baseball bat has nothing to do with size or fitness - if you don't get knocked out you're natural reaction is to stagger up and "take it like a champ"

anyway, analyse all we want...I don't think the writers are good enough to plan, nor care, what they showed or didn't show.  If it wasn't Glenn or Daryl, one of those two will be a second-helping for Lucille in the season premier.  I'd take that bet all day.

Well he did say: "HE's taking it like a champ". So does that eliminate the females? 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 04-09-2016

(04-09-2016, 11:48 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Well he did say: "HE's taking it like a champ". So does that eliminate the females? 

No he didn't. He just said "damn, taking it like a champ"

All the analysis is pointless. The directors said as much. They want people to analyze the hair factor, shadows, slowed down sound, and whatever just so people are talking about it for the next six months. All to (probably) reveal that it was the very person we expected it to be all along in Glenn.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - GMDino - 04-09-2016

(04-09-2016, 06:58 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: people are "taking it like a champ" too literally....it really means nothing, and even less with these writers.  Getting knocked out with a baseball bat has nothing to do with size or fitness - if you don't get knocked out you're natural reaction is to stagger up and "take it like a champ"

anyway, analyse all we want...I don't think the writers are good enough to plan, nor care, what they showed or didn't show.  If it wasn't Glenn or Daryl, one of those two will be a second-helping for Lucille in the season premier.  I'd take that bet all day.

And that line is straight from the comic.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 04-09-2016

(04-09-2016, 01:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: And that line is straight from the comic.

I thought it was "he's taking it like a champ" in the comic....so not straight from the comic.  And a curious choice.  But, like many have said, these writers suck.  So all the analysis on the assumption the writers are good is completely futile.