Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 08-29-2016

(08-29-2016, 12:02 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Why hasn't anyone thought about using those Hesco Defense Barriers?

I know people are using what they can find around the area to build walls and you really don't have to use what the military uses to build them, you could used the idea like the trailers from big rigs flipped on their sides and filled with dirt.

I'm sorry but after the fence from the jail and the tin walls at Alexandria, I would want to build something much heavier and permanent that will not only hold the walkers at bay but keep the non-infected out better as well. While the non-infected have brains and use them, it will keep them out long enough to mount a defense and we all know it's easier to defend than it is to assault especially when you have cover and the high ground with a good sorce of water.

Just think, 100 trailers flipped on their sides filled with dirt from outside the perimeter which creates a trench that's connected to a river or creek that is 10 feet deep and 20 feet wide. On top are these 4x2x2 Hesco Defense Barriers for cover to repel any invaders and only one way in or out.

That would be pretty cool...to hell with Negan and his little bat.

because is like 10000x more effort than building a fence....  Fences are really just for stopping the walkers.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 09-08-2016

Saw a blurb that latched onto an alleged "slip" from a producer talking about deaths (plural), and speculating more than one met Lucille.

I said something similar before, and I'm going to stand by that. I think Negan took out Aaron, which will rile the gay communiity (cheap publicity stunt)....but then they will show Glenn getting it, creating the moment more appropriate for that character going out.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BengalHawk62 - 09-08-2016

I'm saying its Abraham and either Aaron or Glen as the second victim. 

(09-08-2016, 02:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm saying its Abraham and either Aaron or Glen as the second victim. 

I haven't read the comics, so I'm not sure how "major" departures from the comics have been.  But aside from Daryl and some composites/swaps of characters, it seems to me like they've stayed pretty true to the comics.

So that almost HAS to mean Glen dies, otherwise it's a major departure from Maggie's story line.  Now they COULD decide to kill Maggie and swap that evolution for Glen, but I don't think even Walking Dead would beat a pregnant mother to death with a baseball bat.

Or they could always just kill Glenn a few episodes later, I suppose.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 09-08-2016

I sincerely doubt it will be Abraham. Robert Kirkman said one of his biggest regrets is not keeping Abraham through more of the Negan storyline to see how he would react to it. No reason for him to die now

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bmoreblitz - 09-08-2016

It's been leaked/spoiled that yes there are two deaths. Abraham and Glenn. Abraham meets Lucille. Glenn gets killed shortly afterwards because Darly lashes out when Abraham gets Luciled.

(09-08-2016, 09:39 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: It's been leaked/spoiled that yes there are two deaths. Abraham and Glenn. Abraham meets Lucille. Glenn gets killed shortly afterwards because Darly lashes out when Abraham gets Luciled.

Well, that will clear the way for Rick to hook-up with Maggie....just be warned, Maggie, that everything Rick touches dies.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 03:12 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I haven't read the comics, so I'm not sure how "major" departures from the comics have been.  But aside from Daryl and some composites/swaps of characters, it seems to me like they've stayed pretty true to the comics.

So that almost HAS to mean Glen dies, otherwise it's a major departure from Maggie's story line.  Now they COULD decide to kill Maggie and swap that evolution for Glen, but I don't think even Walking Dead would beat a pregnant mother to death with a baseball bat.

Speaking from a comic point of view, Glenn, Daryl, and Abraham are all fair game. No Maggie, I'll explain below.

(09-08-2016, 05:43 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I sincerely doubt it will be Abraham. Robert Kirkman said one of his biggest regrets is not keeping Abraham through more of the Negan storyline to see how he would react to it. No reason for him to die now

Yea, he's definitely making up for somethings. I'm not sure if he meant for show Andrea to suck so much so that he could kill her off and explore a different future for Rick without kick ass comic Andrea. 

I doubt he regrets killing Glenn. He knew someone important HAD to die. Glenn was a fan favorite, but ever offered much story-wise beyond being their go to utility guy. 

(09-08-2016, 10:06 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, that will clear the way for Rick to hook-up with Maggie....just be warned, Maggie, that everything Rick touches dies.

Doubt it. Without getting into it too much, she has an important future that they have set up so far in the show.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BengalHawk62 - 09-09-2016

(09-08-2016, 03:12 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I haven't read the comics, so I'm not sure how "major" departures from the comics have been.  But aside from Daryl and some composites/swaps of characters, it seems to me like they've stayed pretty true to the comics.

I agree with this.  Seems like the more I read recently, the more the internet is trying to point its finger at Maggie as being one of the victims.  There is no way in today's TV world, they can do that to a pregnant woman.  Can you imagine the outrage from casual fans of the show?  Maggie is just as safe as Rick and Carl as of now.  maybe later on down the road, they can kill her off, but not by meeting Lucille in this season's opener.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 09-09-2016

ITs definitely glenn..... Or at least real world events point that way as the rest of the crew is filming the walking dead and hes filming an movie

Quote:Well, that will clear the way for Rick to hook-up with Maggie....just be warned, Maggie, that everything Rick touches dies.

Soo over under on Machonne in season 7?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 09-09-2016

(09-09-2016, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Soo over under on Machonne in season 7?

Ooops, forgot about that.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 09-15-2016

(09-08-2016, 09:39 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: It's been leaked/spoiled that yes there are two deaths. Abraham and Glenn. Abraham meets Lucille. Glenn gets killed shortly afterwards because Darly lashes out when Abraham gets Luciled.

Where did you see that?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 10-19-2016

John Cleese explains The Walking Dead:

http://nerdist.com/john-cleese-recapping-the-walking-dead-is-simply-delightful/

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 10-20-2016

(09-15-2016, 08:05 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Where did you see that?

they confirmed on Facebook there will be at least 2 deaths...    didn't say who..

I think its a given Glenn is one...  Its actually who gets it in the story and they this is a major turning point they cant just plug a nobdy into and be okay with it.

Ill be sad if its Abraham..  Dude was starting to get interesting.  which probly means its him.

Was watching or reading something on the differences between the show and the comics and how they were gonna replace Andreas sharpshooting skills in the battles to come.. But they have Sasha.   And killing ab probly sets her off.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 10-20-2016

(09-09-2016, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ITs definitely glenn.....  Or at least real world events point that way as the rest of the crew is filming the walking dead and hes filming an movie

Soo over under on Machonne in season 7?

She's survives as long as Maggie and Carole are the only other strong female character. Without spoiling anything, she has major implications going forward, so unless someone can step up and replace her, she'll remain. While the show sometimes finds its own way, it ultimately always ends up where the comics went. 

For those who do read, my prediction is Michonne plays the role of Andrea, Carole plays the role of Michonne, and Maggie is still Maggie. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 01:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they confirmed on Facebook there will be at least 2 deaths...    didn't say who..

I think its a given Glenn is one...  Its actually who gets it in the story and they this is a major turning point they cant just plug a nobdy into and be okay with it.

Ill be sad if its Abraham..  Dude was starting to get interesting.  which probly means its him.

Was watching or reading something on the differences between the show and the comics and how they were gonna replace Andreas sharpshooting skills in the battles to come.. But they have Sasha.   And killing ab probly sets her off.

She's taking that aspect of Andrea's character, but her character is more important in the comics for her relationship with Rick, which Michonne is taking over. I think Sasha is fair game moving forward, but she won't meet Lucille. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 01:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they confirmed on Facebook there will be at least 2 deaths...    didn't say who..

I thought you meant the kills were confirmed. I mean I definitely think Glenn is getting it. The other who knows

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Aquapod770 - 10-22-2016

The casting schedule already spoiled who dies. (spoiler down below) Which confirms my opinion that the spoiler was an insanely stupid idea and a cheap ploy to try and boost ratings for the premier. I predict after the first episode you're going to see a huge drop off in viewers. Their marketing campaign is proving that they're kinda worried about it too. I've never seen commercials for TWD outside of AMC and now there's always a few on during football on Sundays.

(spoiler):

Steven Yeun (glenn) and Michael Cudlitz (abraham) have only filmed 1 episode this season. They die. Whatever

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 10-22-2016

If the show had any balls left they'd axe Glenn and Daryl.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 10-23-2016

So they killed two guys who are already dead at this point.

Show Rick is still only a fraction of the character that Comics Rick is.

People are like "oh my god, this is so crazy, I can't believe it." Yea, this happened basically exactly as it did in the comics 4.5 years ago. The only difference is Abraham's death was given to a rando character and then he shared Glenn's death.