Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 10:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: you figure they will be shaken for a little bit.  and while its been 4 weeks for us with the show bouncing around its only been 1 week in the show since the vampire bat.

With regards to Jesus, he wasn't there and he has lived in a community that has seen many members get killed by Negan. This is nothing new to him (Insert Wonka meme: "Oh, a two of your group members were killed by Negan? Things are definitely a lot worse off for you"). He shouldn't  now be bitching out to Gregory. 

But the writers can write him however they want. I'll voice my dissatisfaction and hope that future storylines bring some good character development out of him!

For Rick, yea, that sucks, but he has seen so many friends/allies get killed. Amy (Andrea's sister), Jim (OG survivor), Dr. Jenner (from the lab... dumbest storyline decision ever), Sophia (Carol's daughter), Otis (Herschel's farm hand), Dale, Shane, Jimmy (Beth's BF), Patricia (Otis' GF), T Dog, Lori, Axel (prisoner), Merle, Andrea, like 20 people who moved from Woodbury to the Prison, Hershel, Mika and Lizzie, Bob, Beth, Tyreese, Noah, about 15 Alexandria residents when the Wolves attacked, Deanna, Sam, Jessie, Ron, Denise. 

We've seen nearly 30 named friends or allies of Rick killed before this and another 20 unnamed people living under his command killed. The comics gets his reaction right, the show doesn't. HOWEVER... this is just what the writers are showing us. I am going to let them do their thing and see how it plays out.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 11-28-2016

Well, guess we found a new stash of guns already.

Don't think we needed an ENTIRE episode for that, but oh well. Too many storylines and characters doesn't work well on a 10-show season unless you're Game of Thrones. Then again, a lot actually HAPPENS in GoT, so maybe they can make it work here.

So we've got the homicidal community (Saviors), we had the lunatic community (Governor), we have fantasy land and now this matriarchal society. Was going to say now we just need the crazy religious cult, but they already did that!

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Trademark - 11-28-2016

I skipped this episode. The first episode I've skipped, not interested in Tara. AM is a terrible actress

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 03:09 AM)Trademark Wrote: I skipped this episode. The first episode I've skipped, not interested in Tara. AM is a terrible actress

Yeah. I'm not a fan.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Au165 - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 12:32 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, guess we found a new stash of guns already.

Don't think we needed an ENTIRE episode for that, but oh well.  Too many storylines and characters doesn't work well on a 10-show season unless you're Game of Thrones.  Then again, a lot actually HAPPENS in GoT, so maybe they can make it work here.

So we've got the homicidal community (Saviors), we had the lunatic community (Governor), we have fantasy land and now this matriarchal society.  Was going to say now we just need the crazy religious cult, but they already did that!

I was thinking maybe an alliance of communities against the saviors, but stealing their guns would work too I guess.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 03:09 AM)Trademark Wrote: I skipped this episode. The first episode I've skipped, not interested in Tara. AM is a terrible actress

No, you hate her because she's a lesbian. You were claiming you would boycott the show because of it.

I know people complain about slow episodes... but this one was actually worth complaining about. We didn't need an episode dedicated to one of the more forgettable minor characters. One with almost zero personality written into the script. At least Morgan, for how minor he was at the time of his stand alone episode, was given a really interesting, compelling story with a cool personal philosophy.

This was a really cool community that they invented for this episode, and one that they could have done a lot more with. They also could have done something to grow Tara as a character, but they didn't.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 11:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know people complain about slow episodes... but this one was actually worth complaining about. We didn't need an episode dedicated to one of the more forgettable minor characters. One with almost zero personality written into the script. At least Morgan, for how minor he was at the time of his stand alone episode, was given a really interesting, compelling story with a cool personal philosophy.

This was a really cool community that they invented for this episode, and one that they could have done a lot more with. They also could have done something to grow Tara as a character, but they didn't.

I feel what they are doing now is showing us how they are gonna fight the saviours...     They are finding all these other communities with issues with saviors. I don't think it was an episode for Tara so much as they used Tara to show us this community.

Building a group big enough to contend with the saviors in power is probly the route to go at this point.

(11-28-2016, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I feel what they are doing now is showing us how they are gonna fight the saviours...     They are finding all these other communities with issues with saviors. I don't think it was an episode for Tara so much as they used Tara to show us this community.

Building a group big enough to contend with the saviors in power is probly the route to go at this point.

I personally don't think they will play a role. Based on what the actress said last night on the Talking Dead, I don't think she tells Rosita. 

They have enough people with the three communities we've seen to take them on, and adding a 4th community would be way too much for this show. The episode served to show us how bad the Saviors are, enough to turn a once trusting group into a paranoid community hidden far away. They are a lost cause and will be left like that. I just wish they chose to focus more on making Tara a compelling character. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - WeezyBengal - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 08:56 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. I'm not a fan.

Not a fan either. That was a really bad episode. 

One of the things ive been asking myself ever since the beginning on this season...why doesnt Rick and the crew just pack up and leave? Take off in the middle of the night and just drive like ten hours and start over. Easy solution to a big problem. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - WeezyBengal - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I feel what they are doing now is showing us how they are gonna fight the saviours...     They are finding all these other communities with issues with saviors. I don't think it was an episode for Tara so much as they used Tara to show us this community.

Yep, I agree with this. Slowly building up the army that is going to take out Negan's crew. I just hope they dont build it TOO slowly. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Trademark - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 11:12 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, you hate her because she's a lesbian. You were claiming you would boycott the show because of it.

Yes I'm not a fan of that but Tara in general as a character is very boring and bland and Alana Masterson can't act. Also the writing for this season has been horrible, this season as a whole has been disappointing. I'm not the only one that feels this season is a disappointment, look at the ratings drop.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - rfaulk34 - 11-28-2016

Hang on a sec, i think i hear something coming...*listens*

NVM. It was just the Whambulance. Carry on. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 11-28-2016

To be honest, I had completely forgotten about Tara and the other guy (see, I can't even remember his name). Wasn't even sure for 15-20 minutes if I was watching Walking Dead or one of the spinoffs.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Au165 - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 02:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: One of the things ive been asking myself ever since the beginning on this season...why doesnt Rick and the crew just pack up and leave? Take off in the middle of the night and just drive like ten hours and start over. Easy solution to a big problem. 

They would if they had Darryl. That's the whole point of them keeping him.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 02:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep, I agree with this. Slowly building up the army that is going to take out Negan's crew. I just hope they dont build it TOO slowly. 

right now its just so much to introduce us to  and next week we get to see more new stuff as jesus and carl make it to A saviors camp.

Who knows how many communities and camps the saviors have.  but I guess its a lot  and more have probly been wiped out along the way.

So far we know of Hilltop..  Wanted to work with against the saviors
The Kingdom...  Feeding the saviors tainted meet.
The Women camp...   hiding from the saviors after they already tried to fight them..

*Alexandria.

Now we get another view at the saviors.

I'm guessing before the midseason finale in 2 weeks something happens that starts to bring these groups all together.

If Maggie takes over hilltop.     Carol gets good standing in the kingdom.    Tara probly opens her mouth. or that girl comes and finds her.  saviors step on some more toes.  (or rick learns where carl went)

Or they use the mid season finale to possibly introduce the whisperers.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - CKwi88 - 11-28-2016

I was alright with the episode, it's just what the show is.

But some of those forced one liners and quips were more cringeworthy than anything.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Beaker - 11-28-2016

When Negan first comes to Alexandria, why didn't they simply have Sasha set up somewhere and sniper him in the head? At that point they still had all their guns and could have easily taken on the small force Negan brought. They could have rescued Darryl too. They had almost a week to plan for his arrival, and after taking him out, who's to say they Saviors wouldn't have imploded? Judging by Dwight, there are alot of Saviors who are not happy with their lot in life. Without Negan, who's to say their structure doesn't crumble?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - eoxyod - 11-29-2016

Haven't watched the show since the season opener. Has anything happened?

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 11-29-2016

(11-28-2016, 07:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: When Negan first comes to Alexandria, why didn't they simply have Sasha set up somewhere and sniper him in the head?

Problematic on so many multiple levels.  First, Negan showed up early after only a few days (not a week like he had said).

Then, Rick doesn't actually KNOW that Negan is THE Negan....he could be a Vice Negan, or maybe only a Secretary Negan.

You're still outnumbered, and hoping that another strong leader isn't ready to fill the void left by Negan.  You're also assuming they don't have advance scouts watching you.  You don't even know if Negan himself will show up, or how many he comes with, or for that matter just how big his army is.

And they still have Darryl.

Bottom line is Rick decided he would try to do what Negan was doing - offer protection for trade.  And he went off recklessly not considering there could be much larger groups with better training.  Rick is just some dumb hick Sheriff playing General, badly.