Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** (/Thread-Walking-Dead-Thread-SPOILERS)

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - WeezyBengal - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 11:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 40 minutes of peril for two characters who can't die and 5 minutes of dialogue to advance the story.

Also, these garbage people are just boring and weird.

Havent watched this weeks episode and I may just skip it. Im sure I wont miss anything. 

This season has been completely drawn out. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 03:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Havent watched this weeks episode and I may just skip it. Im sure I wont miss anything. 

This season has been completely drawn out. 

Like I have said, they do the opposite of Game of Thrones: they stretch less source material into more episodes. The condensing more into less episodes is far superior. 

Here's what you need to know if you're skipping this episode: Rick and Michonne care about each other, they find guns, the garbage people want more guns than what they found, Tara tells baby Judith about the seaside group (ok, so we know she's gonna tell Rick), and Sasha and Rosita are going to go snipe Negan. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - michaelsean - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 03:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Like I have said, they do the opposite of Game of Thrones: they stretch less source material into more episodes. The condensing more into less episodes is far superior. 

Here's what you need to know if you're skipping this episode: Rick and Michonne care about each other, they find guns, the garbage people want more guns than what they found, Tara tells baby Judith about the seaside group (ok, so we know she's gonna tell Rick), and Sasha and Rosita are going to go snipe Negan. 

2 of the 3 best looking women on a suicide mission.  

With the exception of the series premiere, they're averaging about 2m less viewers than last season (DVR included), which represents a about an 11% decrease in viewership. Meanwhile, Game of Thrones saw an increase of 1m viewers this last season, or an 11% increase. Their ratings have always been lower, but that's because they're on a premium subscription channel.

(03-06-2017, 03:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 2 of the 3 best looking women on a suicide mission.  

and the 3rd's hair looks like she's a middle school boy. 

and to not sound like I am just hating on the show, I liked last week's Sanctuary episode. Those story lines are fresh. It's a culture we don't know presenting a new way of tackling the zombie apocalypse. It's when we see Rick and co. go on a supply run for the 100th time that I hate it. At this point in the comics, the spare walker is no longer the threat, it's the people. When they focus on that element, it's a better show.

(03-06-2017, 03:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and to not sound like I am just hating on the show, I liked last week's Sanctuary episode. Those story lines are fresh. It's a culture we don't know presenting a new way of tackling the zombie apocalypse. It's when we see Rick and co. go on a supply run for the 100th time that I hate it. At this point in the comics, the spare walker is no longer the threat, it's the people. When they focus on that element, it's a better show.

I think the characters are getting played out and boring. Some of them have been around since season 1. Thats why Neegan and this conflict with the Saviors is at least somewhat interesting. I wish they would delve deeper into Neegans past. 

I mean seriously, what more do Carol, and I hate to say it but...Daryl have to offer us at this point? Im just so tired of their Shtick. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 03:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and to not sound like I am just hating on the show, I liked last week's Sanctuary episode. Those story lines are fresh. It's a culture we don't know presenting a new way of tackling the zombie apocalypse. It's when we see Rick and co. go on a supply run for the 100th time that I hate it. At this point in the comics, the spare walker is no longer the threat, it's the people. When they focus on that element, it's a better show.

This seems to be setting the stage for Rick getting Machonne killed... imo.  (not on purpose obviously but)  You saw the way machonne acted when she thought rick could be dead.    Now imagine he takes a hit battling the Saviors   either she goes into a frenzy or shuts down either way is off from her normal collected self and probly be her end...   (not soon but I think it could be coming..)   

And if not her then maybe others due to her lack of action.(or over reaction)

(03-06-2017, 04:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think the characters are getting played out and boring. Some of them have been around since season 1. Thats why Neegan and this conflict with the Saviors is at least somewhat interesting. I wish they would delve deeper into Neegans past. 

I mean seriously, what more do Carol, and I hate to say it but...Daryl have to offer us at this point? Im just so tired of their Shtick. 

At this point in the comics, only 4 OG survivors are in the group (Rick, Carl, Andrea, and Carol's daughter Sophia) along with Maggie and Michonne (phase 2 survivors). You then have Gabriel, Rosita, and Eugene (phase 3 survivors). Other than that, it's all DC area people. It goes without saying that eventually that number of pre DC area folks goes down as time goes on, but I'll leave that at that.

Negan's past is just now being introduced in a series of side comics in the publisher's monthly promo magazine. It's good, but do not expect it anytime soon. We're not ready to add depth to his character (yes, his character gets SOOOOO much better). 

(03-06-2017, 05:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This seems to be setting the stage for Rick getting Machonne killed... imo.  (not on purpose obviously but)  You saw the way machonne acted when she thought rick could be dead.    Now imagine he takes a hit battling the Saviors   either she goes into a frenzy or shuts down either way is off from her normal collected self and probly be her end...   (not soon but I think it could be coming..)   

And if not her then maybe others due to her lack of action.(or over reaction)

This Michonne is not Michonne from the comics at this point, so I have no clue where they are taking her. I personally feel, however, that they want to keep her safe for the time being. She's important now to Rick's character development, and she laid the ground work of "who will lead these many communities when we stop Negan?". I think we will see her survive the war to come. 

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 06:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At this point in the comics, only 4 OG survivors are in the group (Rick, Carl, Andrea, and Carol's daughter Sophia) along with Maggie and Michonne (phase 2 survivors). You then have Gabriel, Rosita, and Eugene (phase 3 survivors). Other than that, it's all DC area people. It goes without saying that eventually that number of pre DC area folks goes down as time goes on, but I'll leave that at that.

Negan's past is just now being introduced in a series of side comics in the publisher's monthly promo magazine. It's good, but do not expect it anytime soon. We're not ready to add depth to his character (yes, his character gets SOOOOO much better). 

awesome hes already the best character on the show... (or just the best actor lol)   

I was wondering about the Whisperers...   You think they will come after the Negan arc or kinda get introduced (if not directly)  during this upcoming conflict.(next season)

(03-06-2017, 06:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At this point in the comics, only 4 OG survivors are in the group (Rick, Carl, Andrea, and Carol's daughter Sophia) along with Maggie and Michonne (phase 2 survivors). You then have Gabriel, Rosita, and Eugene (phase 3 survivors). Other than that, it's all DC area people. It goes without saying that eventually that number of pre DC area folks goes down as time goes on, but I'll leave that at that.

I didnt realize Negan stayed around for that long. I kind of assumed he was going to die when they take him down in the finale. 

(03-06-2017, 06:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: awesome hes already the best character on the show... (or just the best actor lol)   

I was wondering about the Whisperers...   You think they will come after the Negan arc or kinda get introduced (if not directly)  during this upcoming conflict.(next season)

My guess is this season finishes like this:

Episode 13- trailers implies Kingdom drama, shit goes down, Carol is ready to fight, she has Ezekiel join Rick.
Ep 14- Rick and Co go to Seaside to get guns and help. Get at least one.
Ep 15- Sasha and Rosita are in the Sanctuary and get caught. 
Ep 16- Negan brings his captives back to Rick and Co who then tell him to **** off and begin the war.

Then the first half of season 8 is the war. The second half of season 8 is the precursor to the Whisperers arc, with the season ending with talking zombies  :O

Then we see the Whisperers in season 9 and deal with them for the whole season. There's a particular event that will make headlines that I can see occurring prior to the mid season break in this season. 

By that point, the comic will be about 35-36 issues ahead of the show. Currently it's about 50 issues ahead. 

the question is, how long can it run on AMC? Plenty of scripted shows have hit double digit seasons, but the most recent ones have been animated.

Cable shows don't have the same numbers. Recent long running shows include Its Always Sunny (14 seasons) and South Park (20 Seasons), but most have a shelf life of 7-9 seasons.

There's no reason to currently cancel it as their lower ratings are still way higher than their other shows.

Kirkman has said he will eventually go his own direction in the comics and let show runners decide the fate of Rick and co when the show catches up.

(03-06-2017, 06:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I didnt realize Negan stayed around for that long. I kind of assumed he was going to die when they take him down in the finale. 

There's still a whole war to fight. Also, just to make you unsure about what them currently writing a Negan back story means for his character, they made multiple books about the governor well after he died in the comics.

Also, the governor was around for 1.5 seasons. Negan has only been on screen for 1 season. The finale is going to be the start of something good.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - XenoMorph - 03-07-2017

(03-06-2017, 06:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My guess is this season finishes like this:

Episode 13- trailers implies Kingdom drama, shit goes down, Carol is ready to fight, she has Ezekiel join Rick.
Ep 14- Rick and Co go to Seaside to get guns and help. Get at least one.
Ep 15- Sasha and Rosita are in the Sanctuary and get caught. 
Ep 16- Negan brings his captives back to Rick and Co who then tell him to **** off and begin the war.

Then the first half of season 8 is the war. The second half of season 8 is the precursor to the Whisperers arc, with the season ending with talking zombies  :O

Then we see the Whisperers in season 9 and deal with them for the whole season. There's a particular event that will make headlines that I can see occurring prior to the mid season break in this season. 

By that point, the comic will be about 35-36 issues ahead of the show. Currently it's about 50 issues ahead. 

so we got 4 more eps this season... cool...   based on that math it will be a while before they start catching up on all the source material. Plus what they add in on their own and stretch out.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 03-07-2017

(03-07-2017, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so we got 4 more eps this season... cool...   based on that math it will be a while before they start catching up on all the source material. Plus what they add in on their own and stretch out.

There's definitely room to stretch and add TV only story lines. Something to get us away from the same old same old of Rick and co.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - JustWinBaby - 03-08-2017

Anyway.....there's 300M guns in the US - how hard can it be to find some in the zombie apocalypse? They are literally just laying around in the grass. Probably like 1000 guns per survivor!

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - michaelsean - 03-08-2017

(03-08-2017, 05:28 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Anyway.....there's 300M guns in the US - how hard can it be to find some in the zombie apocalypse?  They are literally just laying around in the grass.  Probably like 1000 guns per survivor!

And it's a big damn country.  Really don't need to hang out in DC.

RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - WeezyBengal - 03-08-2017

(03-08-2017, 10:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And it's a big damn country.  Really don't need to hang out in DC.

Thats kind of always been my beef with the show. 

You dont like how this new guy Negan is treating you? Thats fine, just pack up all of the stuff you don't have and leave town. Drive down to Florida and hang out near the coast. Find a nice big empty mansion in Palm Beach and hang out in it. 

I mean I know its a TV show, but cmon.