Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
College Pro Day Tracker - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: College Pro Day Tracker (/Thread-College-Pro-Day-Tracker)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Whatever - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 03:08 PM)Synric Wrote: North Carolina Pro Day numbers:
(Dazz Newsome's numbers were disappointing.)

4.46/4.5 is a killer for Dyami Brown, too.  He was supposed to be a 4.3 guy iirc.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Synric - 03-29-2021

I missed this one the other day Hunter Long's numbers are not much different than Brevin Jordans.

(03-29-2021, 03:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: 4.46/4.5 is a killer for Dyami Brown, too.  He was supposed to be a 4.3 guy iirc.

I had him as a high 4.4 guy so I'm not surprised. Brown is explosive off the line and out of his breaks so his 40 is a bit misleading.

Edit: I expect about the same numbers from Ja'Marr Chase.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - bfine32 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 02:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Jaelan Phillips 40 time: unofficial first run 4.56 second run 4.58
Shuttle: 4.12
3-Cone: 7.01
BJ: 10'5
VJ: 36.0
Bench: 21

(Phillips is going at the very LEAST top 20 a edge needy team might take him top 10. He is a freak.)

Quincy Roche 40 time: unofficial first run 4.66 second run 4.62
Shuttle: 4.42
3-Cone: 7.18
BJ: 9'11
VJ: 32.5
Bench: 23

Gregory Rousseau 40 time: unofficial first run 4.74 second run 4.68
Shuttle: 4.45
3-Cone: 7.50
BJ: 9'7
VJ: 30.0
Bench: 21

(Rousseau is alot bigger than he was in 2019 and I mean ALOT.)

Brevin Jordan 40 time: unofficial first run 4.66 second time 4.62.
Shuttle:
3-Cone:
BJ: 9'8
VJ: 31.0
Bench: 17

Jim Nagy with the Measurements:

Combine an unimpressive Pro Day with the Covid sit out and Rosseneau might be there for us in the 2nd.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - bfine32 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 03:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I had him as a high 4.4 guy so I'm not surprised. Brown is explosive off the line and out of his breaks so his 40 is a bit misleading.

Edit: I expect about the same numbers from Ja'Marr Chase.

If Chase runs in the 4.4s he will move up on my list.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - NATI BENGALS - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Combine an unimpressive Pro Day with the Covid sit out and Rosseneau might be there for us in the 2nd.

Shhhh

Chill with that

Giant DE from Florida (the state) that falls to the second. Where have I heard that story before?

The NFL Network will be covering the Alabama and Ohio State Pro Days tommorrow starting at 11am. The Big 10 Network will be covering the Ohio State Pro Day live at 1pm.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-29-2021

Too bad Phillips blew up his Pro Day. He won't be around for us in the 2nd now pretty damn sure.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-30-2021

(03-29-2021, 10:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Too bad Phillips blew up his Pro Day. He won't be around for us in the 2nd now pretty damn sure.

Phillips is one concussion from being retired from football again. Rosseau is a one year wonder. I wouldn’t draft either until the 3rd round.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - pulses - 03-30-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Chase runs in the 4.4s he will move up on my list.

I still think Tylan Wallace is somebody we'll be interested in. Last month he ran a 4.39

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/report-tylan-wallace-runs-a-sub-4-40-40-yard-dash-at-exos-pro-day/

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - J24 - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 12:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Phillips is one concussion from being retired from football again. Rosseau is a one year wonder. I wouldn’t draft either until the 3rd round.

Phillips was forced to retire by UCLA(School policy) he didn't want to retire. 

(03-29-2021, 10:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Too bad Phillips blew up his Pro Day. He won't be around for us in the 2nd now pretty damn sure.

His issue his medical pretty much everyone new he was going to test great.

(03-30-2021, 12:28 AM)J24 Wrote: Phillips was forced to retire by UCLA(School policy) he didn't want to retire. 

He had 3 (known) concussions in 10 games. Everything I’ve read indicated the retirement was his decision. But, let’s say your information is correct and he was forced to retire for his health. How is that better?

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - NATI BENGALS - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 12:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He had 3 (known) concussions in 10 games. Everything I’ve read indicated the retirement was his decision. But, let’s say your information is correct and he was forced to retire for his health. How is that better?

I feel like every boxer/MMA fighter would have to retire after one year if multiple brain injuries over a one year span is the criteria.

No I do worry about guys who had their bell rung one too many times. I don’t know his history. If he just happened to have a freak year. Or if it’s a constant through his football life. I feel like I would have heard about it if it came up again this year while at Miami.

I feel like after the pro day Philips shows he was the top 10 type DE that is usually in every draft. The production size and athleticism. It’s the giant medical red flag that has the potential to allow someone to get a huge steal if he overcomes it.

(03-30-2021, 12:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He had 3 (known) concussions in 10 games. Everything I’ve read indicated the retirement was his decision. But, let’s say your information is correct and he was forced to retire for his health. How is that better?
It's a school policy for UCLA to retire football players after 3 concussions. One of those concussions also came from a auto mobile accident ( also broke his wrist).

Anyways I am assuming the Miami doctors  wouldn't have cleared him to play if they thought he was in serious Jeopardy. 
Also it clears any doubt about wether or not he loves the game.

(03-30-2021, 01:27 AM)J24 Wrote: It's a school policy for UCLA to retire football players after 3 concussions. One of those concussions also came from a auto mobile accident ( also broke his wrist).

Anyways I am assuming the Miami doctors  wouldn't have cleared him to play if they thought he was in serious Jeopardy. 
Also it clears any doubt about wether or not he loves the game.

Well, there seems to be conflicting information.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/miami/Article/Jaelan-Phillips-Miami-football-No-1-recruit-retired-defensive-end-injuries-NFL-Draft-156544966/Amp/

Quote: Phillips never could shake nagging injuries with the Bruins. He sprained his ankle as a freshman, worked back and then sprained his other ankle. Then came a concussion. Then there was the wrist. He suffered another concussion in UCLA’s fourth game of the 2018 season against Colorado. The Bruin medical staff, which had a policy that players could no longer play if they suffered four total concussions, suggested Phillips should retire after the third of his life.

His head hurt. He couldn’t catch an injury break after pristine health in high school. Phillips and his parents discussed his options for weeks. Ultimately, Phillips admitted his love for the sport had waned. As Phillips’ father, Jon, remembers Jaelan putting it: “I was the last one in the building and the first one out.”

(03-30-2021, 12:55 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I feel like every boxer/MMA fighter would have to retire after one year if multiple brain injuries over a one year span is the criteria.

No I do worry about guys who had their bell rung one too many times. I don’t know his history. If he just happened to have a freak year. Or if it’s a constant through his football life. I feel like I would have heard about it if it came up again this year while at Miami.

I feel like after the pro day Philips shows he was the top 10 type DE that is usually in every draft. The production size and athleticism. It’s the giant medical red flag that has the potential to allow someone to get a huge steal if he overcomes it.

He could be a steal. Or he could be the next Ben Utecht or Cordy Glenn.

If the Bengals draft Chase in the first and have to choose between Phillips and Leatherwood in the 2nd, I’d pick Leatherwood.

If the Bengals draft Sewell in the first and have to choose between Phillips and Marshall in the 2nd, I’d pick Marshall.

RE: College Pro Day Tracker - Synric - 03-30-2021

Louisville Receivers with Pro Day numbers. I'm a big fan of Dez Fitzpatrick in the 5th reminds me of another recent Bengals 5th round WR. He gained 6 LBs and Shrunk a 4th of an inch since the Senior Bowl Ninja.

ECU D'Ante Smith keeps growing he played his senior year at about 275 weighed in at the Senior Bowl at 294...he is now 305.

DeVonta Smith is going to run routes and catch balls.